WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cost of Century Aluminum closing...

2 posters

Go down

Cost of Century Aluminum closing... Empty Cost of Century Aluminum closing...

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:37 pm

http://www.wvgazette.com/comments?build=yes&ContID=200902060178

Well for those who opposed any assistance to keep Century Aluminum operating, surprise surprise surprise.

Century accounts for over 10% of APCO's output.

So they have to raise your rates again.

On top of the 11% raise they just got.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Cost of Century Aluminum closing... Empty Re: Cost of Century Aluminum closing...

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Where does the assistance stop Sodbuster? My plant shut down and as a result, 15 people lost their job. Should we have received assistance?

I ask you these questions before but you ignored it then. Will you continue to do so?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Cost of Century Aluminum closing... Empty Re: Cost of Century Aluminum closing...

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:54 pm

"I ask you these questions before but you ignored it then. Will you continue to do so?"

Well Aaron I apologize if I failed to answer.

Sometimes I just do not see.

I think if there was any reasonable thing the state could do to save 15 jobs they should do their best.

Did your Co. have any specific problem the state could help with?

In the case of Century the cost of Electricity was a big part of their operation. Considerably bigger than the cost of Labor.

I thought the state might be able to "jawbone" the power company for lower rates.

Since the Power Company received incentives to provide the power in the first place.

So let me ask you a question ok.

Should the State quarantine the plant and get reimbursed for any incentives the state has provided before allowing them to remove equipment from the plant?

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 pm

No, the state has got far more back then they ever put into the plant over the past 50 years. The equipment belongs to Century Aluminum, not the state of WV.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down