WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century

+3
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Keli
Stephanie
7 posters

Go down

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  Empty McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century

Post by Stephanie Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:19 am

Why is it government is unable or unwilling to learn from the past?

Hearings on Muslim Americans is un-American

By Michael Honda

My father loved this country and proudly served in the U.S. Military Intelligence Service. Yet when I was a young child during World War II, we were confined for several years at Camp Amache, an internment camp in southeast Colorado, simply because we were of Japanese ancestry. Hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese Americans were unjustly placed under scrutiny and suspicion because few in Washington were brave enough to say "no." The decision to incarcerate, according to a report by the congressionally mandated Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians, was based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership."

Now, decades later, something similarly sinister is returning to our country. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., is organizing congressional hearings on Muslim Americans. These hearings are scheduled to take place within the House Homeland Security Committee.

Rep. King's intent seems clear: To cast suspicion upon all Muslim Americans and to stoke the fires of anti-Muslim prejudice and Islamophobia. By framing his hearings as an investigation of the American Muslim community, the implication is that we should be suspicious of our Muslim neighbors, co-workers or classmates solely on the basis of their religion.

This should be deeply troubling to Americans of all races and religions. An investigation specifically targeting a single religion implies, erroneously, a dangerous disloyalty, with one broad sweep of the discriminatory brush.

In building the pretext for the hearings, King has repeatedly said that American Muslim community leaders have failed to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the effort to disrupt terrorism plots -- a claim that has been refuted by U.S. counter-terrorism experts and top law enforcement officials. Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, for example, who works with a large Muslim American population, has countered King's allegation by asserting, unequivocally, that cooperation with the community is active and aggressive. (Incidentally, Rep. King will not be calling any law enforcement professionals to testify during his hearings.)

While protecting our homeland from acts of violence should be a top priority for policymakers, we must remember that no entire community can be held responsible for the acts of a few people. A "presumption of guilt" should never be applied collectively. We must aggressively investigate criminal behavior, watch for patterns that point to emerging threats, and stay constantly vigilant as citizens, but we must also not divide or target Americans simply on the basis of their faith or ancestry.

Rep. Mike Honda, D-San Jose, serves as House Democratic senior whip, and is a member of both House Budget and Appropriations committees.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  Empty Re: McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century

Post by Keli Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 am

By framing his (King) hearings as an investigation of the American Muslim community, the implication is that we should be suspicious of our Muslim neighbors, co-workers or classmates solely on the basis of their religion.

That's not true. I am suspicious of radical Muslims and Sharia Law BEFORE the King hearings. Twenty-two attacks or plots from one religious group (comprising .6 percent of the US population) is worthy of examination. Even Eric Holder has said that things he knows about Muslims in America keeps him awake at night. If the Amish had been guilty of as many attacks and plots, we would be investigating them! What makes Muslims special? Anti-Zionism?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  Empty Re: McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 am

Pakistani authorities have released details of a letter threatening Christians and others who support repeal of Pakistan's blasphemy law.

The note was found along side the body of Shabaz Bhatti, the Christian minister of minorities following his assassination this week.

The Islamic terrorists responsible for Bhatti's murder--Tanseem Al Qaeda and Tehrik-e-Taliban theaten to send all of those like Shabaz Bhatti "one by one to hell."

Here's an English translation of the letter:

All praise is for none but Allah Most High, who bestows glory on believers and makes them victorious and humiliates the infidels and apostates May innumerable salutations and blessings be on the Leader of Mujahideen, the beloved of the Lord of the worlds, Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam. To proceed:

From the Mujahideen of Islam, this fitting lesson for the world of infidelity, the crusaders, the Jews and their aides who claim to be from the Ummah especially, the leader of the infidel government of Pakistan Zardari, his ministers and the employees of all the Organizations of this regime of falsehood.

Oh, enemies of Allah!

Oh, infidels and apostates! Listen and understand whatever is being said. You have transgressed the limits in rebellion against Allah Most High. You legislate what is lawful and forbidden (besides Allah). Love of the Prophet Mohammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam is our Iman. Our beloved Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam is more dearer to us than this world and whatever is in it. In defense of his honor, we will sacrifice even our lives. And we will never tolerate even a smallest irreverence (insult) in his greatness?inshaAllah. Allah Most High says.

The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves.

(Al-Quran, 33:6)

In the Islamic Sharia, the ruling for one who insults the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam is nothing but death.

By Allah! Now only one of us will remain in this world. Your insolence against Allah has reached such a state that you make laws favoring a blasphemer, and make a Christian disbeliever, Shahbaz Bhatti, the cursed one, as the incharge of the committee? This is the fitting end of the accursed one which would serve as an example to others. And now with the blessing and aid of Allah, the mujahideen will send all of you, one by one to Hell inshaAllah.

O Crusaders! Our war with you will continue until the religion of Allah and His Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam is victorious, and either disbelief and all the taghoot are destroyed, or we attain martyrdom, in the footsteps of Hamza and Musab may Allah be pleased with them.

And Allah has full power and control over His Affairs, but most of men know not (Al-Quran, 12:21)

From the Martyrdom Seekers of Muhammed sallallahu alaihi wa sallam

Tanzeem Al-Qaeda and Tehrik-e-Taliban Punjab

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/03/full-text-of-letter-left-by-shahbaz-bhattis-assassins.html
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 am

Keli wrote:
By framing his (King) hearings as an investigation of the American Muslim community, the implication is that we should be suspicious of our Muslim neighbors, co-workers or classmates solely on the basis of their religion.

That's not true. I am suspicious of radical Muslims and Sharia Law BEFORE the King hearings. Twenty-two attacks or plots from one religious group (comprising .6 percent of the US population) is worthy of examination. Even Eric Holder has said that things he knows about Muslims in America keeps him awake at night. If the Amish had been guilty of as many attacks and plots, we would be investigating them! What makes Muslims special? Anti-Zionism?

amen

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 am

While I don't agree with the hearings and believe King is an idiot (perhaps the visionaries told him to hold these hearings) I would like to point out that history has proven Joe McCarthy was right.

Using new information obtained from studies of old Soviet files in Moscow and now the famous Venona Intercepts -- FBI recordings of Soviet embassy communications between 1944-48 -- the record is showing that McCarthy was essentially right. He had many weaknesses, but almost every case he charged has now been proven correct. Whether it was stealing atomic secrets or influencing U.S. foreign policy, communist victories in the 1940s were fed by an incredibly vast spy and influence network.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 am

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  Piecha10
Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 am

I wonder, do you have a graph that shows how much money is raised in this country and funneled back to groups that attack US troops and interest abroad?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Aaron wrote:While I don't agree with the hearings and believe King is an idiot (perhaps the visionaries told him to hold these hearings)

Aaron, iffen you believe the visionaries told him ...... then who do you think told the visionaries about it? DUH?

Aaron, me thinks your Religious nurturing has really screwed up you ability to think "out-of-the-box", ........reason and make logical decisions.

Quit associating "visionaries" with Biblical prophets or prophecies.

"Visionaries" are .......

designers, engineers, inventors, foreseers, ...... abstract thinkers.

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  46059 McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  46059 McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Sam, if your a visionary then someone needs to help us because we're all in trouble. As you're barely in touch with reality, there's no way that your a logical or abstract thinker and if it's people like you that give someone the right to lie to the voting public, we may as well throw in the white towel becasue we don't have a chance.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 pm

McCarthyism Alive & Well in 21st Century  Lesson_learnedvi-vi
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I don't know about that, Aaron. I really haven't done too much looking into it. I do know that there is facinating reading about just who the terrorists in America really are. Most attacks on US soil are committed by Latino extremists, environmental extremists, & animal rights extremists. Jewish extremists are responsible for more terrorist incidents on US soil than Muslims. This is data compiled by the FBI that can be found here:

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/terrorism-2002-2005/terror02_05#terror_05sum
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:47 pm

It's out there and true Stephanie. I read somewhere a few years back that of everyone McCarthy accused, he was right over 98% of the time.

And didn't you get the memo from Ziggy? There's no such thing as eco terrorism. At the most, it's civil disobedience and the end justifies the means.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 am

I don't doubt that a lot of money sent out of this country is used against America, her citizens, or our troops. I just haven't done the research to have a graph for you Smile

I will say this, most acts of terrorism conducted by environmental and animal rights extremists are against property and are not designed to kill or physically injure anyone.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 am

[quote="Aaron"]While I don't agree with the hearings and believe King is an idiot (perhaps the visionaries told him to hold these hearings) I would like to point out that history has proven Joe McCarthy was right.

"I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department."- Joe McCarthy

But as he never released the supposed "list", how could he have been proven "right"?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:56 am

Mostly through KGB files. You do know how to use Google, don't you?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 am

Stephanie wrote:I will say this, most acts of terrorism conducted by environmental and animal rights extremists are against property and are not designed to kill or physically injure anyone.

And I say that's tripe Stephanie. Terrorism is terrorism and attacks are attacks. Property damage does far too much damage to the economy and should not be tolerated. Take for examples the idiots that kept going onto Massey property and shutting down operations. Every time they did so, they cost an American corporation millions, could have been seriously hurt or hurt someone else and despite the fact that they were breaking the law and should have been punished to the fullest extent of the law, they got off with a smack on the hand.

Last edited by Aaron on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:56 am

I'm not saying I think their crimes should be overlooked or excused. However, an act that takes the life of another is always worse, at least in my mind, than a crime that causes loss of property or wealth.
Look at it this way, would you rather a lunatic burn your home to the ground or kill one of your children? Of course you don't want either, but the loss of a loved one is much worse than the loss of any item.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 am

I've got a 9mm in the headboard of my bed and if he does either, I need new shells. What if we're not home but he kills my dogs? Or what if one of the kids and his GF came in during the middle of the night? The law allows for the differences but judges don't impose the sentances equally.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 am

I think what it demonstrates is that a minority of terrorists in America are Muslim. This is contrary to what the establishment and the MSM want you to know so we don't hear that information.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down