WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

4 posters

Go down

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque Empty Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

Post by Keli Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:14 am

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque
WorldNetDaily.com ^ | January 30, 2008

A Baptist church in Ohio is being accused of religious intolerance for allegedly thwarting a plan to build a mosque on nearby property. The board of zoning appeals in Sugarcreek Township, Ohio, insists its 5-0 vote against a variance request that would have permitted the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton to build the mosque was not influenced by the local First Baptist Church. The rejection, officials say, was based only on the expected sewage and traffic impact, the Dayton Daily News reported.

But the senior pastor of the 1,900-member church, Barry Jude, has made his opposition to the mosque clear.

"We just feel that Christianity is right and that Islam is wrong," Jude told the Daily News. "Therefore, we take a stand to see (a mosque) not in our community. The wonderful thing about our American culture is that you have the right to speak out against something you don't support."

The paper says the issue "has touched on larger questions: Does the presence of a mosque locally evoke feelings of fear or even hatred? Are church officials saying out loud what a lot of people are thinking privately?"

The Islamic Society of Greater Dayton says it will consider its options now, including a legal appeal. The plan is to build a mosque for up to 975 people and a family center for up to 400 on 15 acres it owns.

The society, on its website, notes its association with the Islamic Society of North America and the North American Islamic Trust, which both were named last summer as "unindicted co-conspirators" in a plot to fund the terrorist group Hamas.

Federal prosecutors also named the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, as a participant in a plot with five officials of the defunct Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development.

(Excerpt) Read more at worldnetdaily.com ...

I wonder how far an Ohio Amish pig farmer would get trying to even enter Mecca? (No non-Muslim can even enter Mecca--Amish pig farmer of not.)

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque Empty Re: Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

Post by Keli Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:21 am

How about a little reciprocation for a refreshing change?

Not one, NOT ONE mosque should be allowed to form, not ONE koran should be distributed, not one Mohammedan proseletyzer permitted to build a Mosque within our borders, UNTIL Christian Churches and Bibles and evangelists are allowed in Saudi Arabia and the other Mohammedan countries that persecute and torture Christians and forbid Christian assembly, Bibles, etc.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque Empty Re: Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:02 am

UNTIL Christian Churches and Bibles and evangelists are allowed in Saudi Arabia and the other Mohammedan countries that persecute and torture Christians and forbid Christian assembly, Bibles, etc.

Perhaps because Saudi Arabia doesn't have the 1st Amendment and we do?

Why not ask your beloved president to turn up the heat on them to promote some changes in civil rights there - that is, if he can pull his nose out of their bottoms for a long enough time...

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am

Keli,

I'm sure this is to your dismay, but the USA is not a theocracy. People here have the right to choose and practice their religion and that includes Islam.

I can relate to the Baptists' fear of Muslims though. Most nights, I still check for fundies under my bed!

Razz
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Stephanie wrote:Keli,
Most nights, I still check for fundies under my bed! Razz

Throw your fundies in le hamper and you will not have to check under your bed in your bedrheum for them...

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 pm

With hubs' dirty socks? I'm not sure that would meet a Constitutional challenge..........lol
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down