WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cordoba Mosque

+3
Cato
Stephanie
Keli
7 posters

Go down

The Cordoba Mosque Empty The Cordoba Mosque

Post by Keli Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:30 am

There are already twenty mosques in New York City. There is no Christian church in Mecca.

Islam’s main sanctuary is located at Mecca, and it is forbidden for non-believers to cross the city limits. No other sanctuary of any world religion is closed to members of different creeds. The Western Wall in Jerusalem, the Jews’ holiest site, can be visited by anyone — Muslims, Christians, or Buddhists. The Basilica of Saint Peter in the Vatican, the center of the Roman Catholic religion, is open to any person that wishes to visit its splendor. Hindu and Buddhist temples welcome anyone who walks in, but not the Muslims’ main mosque.
The people wishing to build a mosque close to where the World Trade Center towers fell, have called their organization the Cordoba Initiative. Cordoba refers to the Spanish town of Cordoba. In the 8th century, Muslims conquered the south of Spain and massacred many thousands of non-believers. Around 1100, the Muslim jurist Ibn Abdun formulated the following legal opinions:
“No Jew or Christian may be allowed to wear the dress of an aristocrat, nor of a jurist, nor of a wealthy individual; on the contrary they must be detested and avoided. It is forbidden to [greet] them with the [expression], “Peace be upon you.” In effect, “Satan has gained possession of them, and caused them to forget God’s warning. They are the confederates of Satan’s party; Satan’s confederates will surely be the losers!”

In 1011, Muslims massacred the Jews of Cordoba. In 1066, in Granada, 4,000 Jews were killed in one day by Muslims. Despite the terrible bloodshed, there were periods of relative tolerance towards Christians and Jews; but, it was never based upon mutual recognition and respect but always under Muslim sovereignty—Shariah Law.
The people behind the Cordoba Initiative can make a historic gesture: permit a church to be built in Mecca. (The day that Muslims allow a church to be built in Mecca will be the same day that the Cordoba Mosque should be built at ground zero—when Hell freezes over.)
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Cordoba Mosque Empty Re: The Cordoba Mosque

Post by Stephanie Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Mecca is the holy city of Islam.

This mosque and community center are being constructed on private property in Manhattan.

Let's not distort the facts.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Stephanie wrote:Mecca is the holy city of Islam.

This mosque and community center are being constructed on private property in Manhattan.

Let's not distort the facts.

Okay Dokey. Seems to me the muslims are rubbing salt in the wound. Speaking personally, I would find it very insulting for a mosque to be build near where MUSLIMS murdered a friend or relative of mine. However, being that I detest politicians nearly as bad as I detest muslims rubbing salt in a wound, I'd deal with it on my own. Everyday the mosque was built and stood, I would be standing across the street with my little sign calling the ragheaded bums and politicians that have catered to the reagheads the murdering trash they are.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Gee I thought the muslims wanted tolerance. I guess tolerance is a one way street for muslims, but required to be a two way street for everyone else.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:39 pm

It isn't just politicians supporting the constrution of Cordoba House at that site. It has the support of church leaders in the community. I suspect the clergy of Manhattan, who are familiar with this imam and the Muslims involved in Cordoba House, have a much better sense of who these people are and what they're about than Cato or Keli or Newt Gingrinch or Stephanie Butcher.

I don't have faith in any higher power. I continue to have some faith in my fellow man.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Stephanie wrote:I don't have faith in any higher power. I continue to have some faith in my fellow man.

I have little to none in my fellow man. If there's no higher power, we're all screwed.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 am

Stephanie wrote:It isn't just politicians supporting the constrution of Cordoba House at that site.

I can't stand politicians that cater to one group or another by selling their soul for a vote.

Stephanie wrote:It has the support of church leaders in the community. I suspect the clergy of Manhattan, who are familiar with this imam and the Muslims involved in Cordoba House, have a much better sense of who these people are and what they're about than Cato or Keli or Newt Gingrinch or Stephanie Butcher.

My message to the clergy of Manhattan is that all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand back and do nothing.

Stephanie wrote:I don't have faith in any higher power. I continue to have some faith in my fellow man.

Like Aaron, I have no faith in my fellow man. I'll continue to put my faith in a higher power.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 am

Ground Zero has become sacred to many people. Let's not confuse the facts indeed!
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 am

The mosque is going near Ground Zero, not in Ground Zero.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:52 am

Well now, I think it is gawd awful, sinful, crooked, unAmerican, dastardly, irreligious, damnable, rotten, despictable, etc., etc. to permit a $100+ MILLION DOLLAR ....... tax free structure ...... to be built in downtown New York City with tax free money obtained from/contributed by foreigners .........when the City is so f'ing desperate for additional Tax Revenues that it has levied something like an $8 per pack tax on cigarettes which good, honest, hardworking New York City resident American citizens have to pay.

That mosque, Cordoba House, will not only be a "tax free enterprise", the building of it will permanently eliminate three (3) consecutive, extremely high dollar value, property address from the NYC Tax Rolls, ..... which means that, ....... more good, honest, hardworking New York City resident American citizens will have to "pony up" additional tax monies to "make up the difference" for the loss in tax revenues from said "three (3) consecutive, extremely high dollar value properties".

A "double whammy" it will be for ALL the taxpayers, ...... unless the Mayor jumps the Cigarette Tax to $15 per pack.

The Cordoba Mosque 248524 The Cordoba Mosque 248524 The Cordoba Mosque 248524 The Cordoba Mosque 248524 The Cordoba Mosque 248524

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Stephanie wrote:The mosque is going near Ground Zero, not in Ground Zero.

Then let's build a church near Mecca--not in Mecca.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Rush asked a couple of good questions today. Perhaps Stephanie can answer them?

WHY do the Muslims want to build the Mosque right there at ground zero? Aren't there other good locations?

Why hasn't the Greek Orthodox Church destroyed at ground zero on 9/11 been given the same expedited clearance to rebuild?

Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I have a couple of better questions........

Why do members of the clergy living and working near Ground Zero support the Cordoba House project?

Why do Rush Limbaugh and my racially misassigned friend from WV think their uninformed opinion of this project and the imam involved should have any weight in this discussion?

Finally, why do you insist on contributing to intolerance in this country? Why don't you want to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

You're a decent man, and I like you. I know you're kind and generous and compassionate. It really saddens me that you have no empathy for Muslims and I honestly don't understand it. It doesn't suit you. In fact, I find it beneath you. You're so much better than the Rush Limbaughs of the world.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Stephanie wrote:I have a couple of better questions........

Why do members of the clergy living and working near Ground Zero support the Cordoba House project?

Why do Rush Limbaugh and my racially misassigned friend from WV think their uninformed opinion of this project and the imam involved should have any weight in this discussion?

Finally, why do you insist on contributing to intolerance in this country? Why don't you want to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

You're a decent man, and I like you. I know you're kind and generous and compassionate. It really saddens me that you have no empathy for Muslims and I honestly don't understand it. It doesn't suit you. In fact, I find it beneath you. You're so much better than the Rush Limbaughs of the world.

I have no empathy for radical Muslims because they stone people to death (mostly women) for unsubstantiated crimes, cut people's heads off, fly airplanes into crowded buildings, bully their way into not assimilating into a melting pot society (store clerks not willing to touch pork, taxi cab drivers forbidding service dogs to ride with their masters, etc.).

Radical Muslims are mad dogs. They should be dealt with appropriately.

Stephanie, IYHO, what is the significance of the Cordoba Initiative for this Cordoba Mosque?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:22 pm

I have no empathy for radical Muslims

I don't have any empathy for radicals either.

Do you think a person can be Muslim without being radical?

btw.....I almosted posted an article for you yesterday. I want to make sure you heard about or read the article about the Muslims visiting concentration camps. Did you read about that?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Stephanie wrote:
I have no empathy for radical Muslims

I don't have any empathy for radicals either.

btw.....I almosted posted an article for you yesterday. I want to make sure you heard about or read the article about the Muslims visiting concentration camps. Did you read about that?

Do I think that a Muslim could be Muslim and not radical? Yes. And, I believe a person can be a church member without being a Christian. Not all Muslims are radicalized...yet. Some Christians are radicalized. However, any Muslim who practices Quranic Islam will be radicalized. Biblical Christians are never radical.

Stephanie, I do not oppose the 20+ mosques that are already in NY City. I oppose a Cordoba Mosque celebrating the death of over 4,000 Jews and Christians in Cordoba, Spain being a stone's throw from where 3,000 innocent people were killed by radical Muslims.

The Cordoba Mosque 9_11_jumpers
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:07 am

Stephanie wrote:btw.....I almosted posted an article for you yesterday. I want to make sure you heard about or read the article about the Muslims visiting concentration camps. Did you read about that?

Were those concentration camp visits when the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem went to Berlin to be appointed by the Nazis as titular head of a Nazi pan-Arab government-in-exile or was it during another trip?

Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, was a major participant in the Holocaust. On July 1, 1937, the British-appointed Mufti asked the German Consul-General of Palestine "to what extent the Third Reich was prepared to support the Arab movement against the Jews." Following this meeting, the Mufti was visited in Palestine by Adolf Eichmann, who was getting "acquainted with the country and the life and to establish contact with people." Around the time of Eichmann´s visit, a prolonged and organized campaign of atrocities against the Jews of Palestine was launched.

Also around that time, the Mufti became a paid agent of the Nazi Abwehr and was put in charge of counterintelligence and sabotage. When the British stopped an Abwher shipment of arms to the Mufti in Palestine, through Saudi Arabia and Iraq, the Mufti re-located to Baghdad, where he directed Arab and Nazi finance, diplomacy and propaganda. In 1941, the Mufti inspired a pro-Nazi coup in Iraq led by General Rashid Ali. Collaborating with his masters in Berlin, he would declare a Jihad against Britain, which he called "the greatest foe of Islam." The British backed a successful counter-coup and the Mufti proceeded on to Berlin, where he was appointed by the Nazis as titular head of a Nazi pan-Arab government-in-exile. http://www.shalomjerusalem.com/mohammedism/mohammedism22.html

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:42 am

Stephanie wrote:

That is a good question and I'm not so certain anymore that the answer isn't no.

By the way, Keli, I think posed a couple of questions I would certainly like to see your answers to.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 am

However, the radical Islam that characterizes much of the Islamic world today, is based not so much on the teachings of Muhammed as it is on the teachings of Hitler and the Nazis. This brand of Islam can be traced to a Nazi-inspired perversion of Islam founded by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in the 1930s, who ultimately aligned himself with the Nazis, ... then flying off to Berlin to actually create the Muslim Handschar SS Division in the Balkans. Ultimately, he created the Muslim Brotherhood that spawned Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein's BAATH Party. These are facts. http://www.wvgazette.com/comments?build=yes&ContID=201008160470

One could say those Muslims were a “third hand” of the Nazi Party who all escaped punishment for their dastardly deeds. They have even escaped being ostracize like all the other Nazi partisans, sympathizers, etc., have been and still are.

I guess if Hitler and his henchmen had all converted to Islam before he started his World Conquest then he surely would have been forgiven for his dastardly deeds and his name would not now live on in infamy.

The Cordoba Mosque 197570 The Cordoba Mosque 197570 The Cordoba Mosque 197570 The Cordoba Mosque 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:58 am

For one, the proposed Islamic Center is Sufi, not Sunni. Sufis are peace-loving and believe in worship through music. For this they are persecuted by other sects of Islam, like the Sunnis and the Shiites.

For two, it was my understanding that there is already a mosque there, this is an addition which includes things like a swimming pool (the horror!).

For three, there are many christian churches in Manhattan. Going to tell them that they can't build any more because there are enough of them already or that some people might be offended by their presence? I didn't think so. This is about religious freedom for everybody, not just those religions that me, we or thee "approve of".

For four, this is just straight up B.S., "I oppose a Cordoba Mosque celebrating the death of over 4,000 Jews and Christians in Cordoba, Spain being a stone's throw from where 3,000 innocent people were killed by radical Muslims."

The proposed Islamic Center in NYC chose the name Cordoba House (note - not mosque - it is already there) because the The Great Mosque of Cordoba was a center of literature and learning for Al-Andalus.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 am

There is no mosque there. They aren't building a mosque there. I do agree, however, they chose the name Cordoba because of the incredibly gifted Muslims and their achievements in so many fields of the Cordoba Mosque in that era.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 am

There is no mosque there. They aren't building a mosque there.

Thanks for the clarification. I know the proposed project did not include a mosque but I thought there was already an existing one there or nearby.

My mistake.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 am

I guess if Hitler and his henchmen had all converted to Islam before he started his World Conquest then he surely would have been forgiven for his dastardly deeds and his name would not now live on in infamy.

But of course. Whatever it is, if it's done in the name of some God or other, it is always OK.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Biblical Christians are never radical.

I highly doubt that.

TerryRC