WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell Congress how you feel. I did

Go down

Tell Congress how you feel.  I did Empty Tell Congress how you feel. I did

Post by Cato Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:25 am

This is my latest letter to out illustrious members of congress - -

I am again writing you to express my opposition to the stimulus package. I am opposed to this bill for a number of reasons. Though, I have many concerns, my major reasons are as follows:

First, the bill is over 700 pages in length. Do you really know what all you are voting for? I truly doubt if any member of congress has read the bill in its entirety and understands fully the ramifications of the bill. It is written in the 62nd Federalist

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of the own choice if the laws be of voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood:…

This Stimulus Bill is exactly the type of legislation our founders warned about. It is so large and so encompassing in nature that it is nearly impossible to read or understood.

Secondly, the bill contains a provision for a “Health Czar”. Do you have any understanding of what this provision means or will do to healthcare? Is it the intent of the Federal Government to now ration healthcare and determine who should and who should receive what treatments? As I requested in a past letter to you, bills should only deal with one subject. If it is the intent of Congress to address healthcare, then that should be discussed and debated as a bill by itself. It should not be lumped into an already bloated bill that few if anyone has ever read.

Thirdly, we have a National Debt of exceeding $10.6 trillion dollars. Presently if we were to pay this off at the rate of $1 million dollars a day, it would take more than 29,000 years to completely pay it off. Think about this for a moment. If we were to go back in time far enough, that we the debt off today, Washington, DC would have been under a mile of ice, because we would need to back beyond the end of the last Ice Age.

We keep hearing congress and presidents talk about fiscal responsibility, yet today congress is reconciling a bill that will add at least a trillion dollars to the debt. We are where we are today economically, because of irresponsibility of congress and presidents, both past and present. This Stimulus Bill only succeeds in making things worse and putting the nation further in debt.

The question is who will pay for this monstrosity? The answer to that is of course two fold. First, future generations and secondly, the wealthy. Both answers are morally repugnant and ethically bankrupt. You in Congress and President Obama are about to saddle our children, their children, and their children, and on and on with debt they had no say in and will have little ability to repay. That alone is morally reprehensible. Additionally, many in congress believe they have every right to extort the fruit of one’s labor to redistribute to another. That is just as unethical as saddling future generations with debt.

This being said, I ask that you not support the Stimulus Bill even after the House and Senate produce a reconciled bill.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down