WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREGG WITHDRAWS NOMINATION FOR COMMERCE SEC

Go down

GREGG WITHDRAWS NOMINATION FOR COMMERCE SEC Empty GREGG WITHDRAWS NOMINATION FOR COMMERCE SEC

Post by Keli Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:26 pm

GREGG WITHDRAWS NOMINATION FOR COMMERCE SEC
Thu Feb 12 2009 16:18:14 ET

DRUDGEREPORT:

Senator Gregg Statement on His Withdrawal for Consideration of U.S. Commerce Secretary

Sen. Gregg stated, “I want to thank the President for nominating me to serve in his Cabinet as Secretary of Commerce. This was a great honor, and I had felt that I could bring some views and ideas that would assist him in governing during this difficult time. I especially admire his willingness to reach across the aisle.

“However, it has become apparent during this process that this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me. Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy.

“Obviously the President requires a team that is fully supportive of all his initiatives.

Finally, some Republicans are getting cajones.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down