WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been difficult

+6
SamCogar
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Keli
Aaron
Stephanie
SFCraig
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's been difficult Empty It's been difficult

Post by SFCraig Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm

but I finally am able to re-register. It's like the Gazette didn't want me here!

So.....what's been going on? Everybody following the elections? Are the Ron Paulists beside themselves?

SFCraig

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

It's been difficult Empty Re: It's been difficult

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:49 pm

lol

This isn't the Gazz. What sort of problems did you have and who are you? The Paulists are growing in numbers now that Thompson has dropped out.

btw

Welcome and who are you? lol
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Oh..I used to spend too much time here back in the day. Very Happy Very Happy

Isn't this the Gazette forums? I see a lot of the same clowns here that used to be there. What's the scoop?

(I use the term "clown" affectionately. Like goofs, buffoons, etc. Smile

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm

The Gazz closed their forum down without warning just after Christmas. We started this one and have been actively seeking other former Gazz members.

We are a bunch of bloviating fools, for the most part.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 am

When was 'back in the day' and what was your screen name on the old forum?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 am

Stephanie wrote:The Gazz closed their forum down without warning just after Christmas. We started this one and have been actively seeking other former Gazz members.

We are a bunch of bloviating fools, for the most part.

So far then, the only thing that's changed is that I am allowed here again. Smile

It's been a few years I'd say. The Gazz-idiots never acknowledged my registration or emails. Sad

NO THANKS TO SHERM EITHER, whom I emailed requesting assistance. You're dead to me Sherm!

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:28 am

Aaron wrote:When was 'back in the day' and what was your screen name on the old forum?

I was "Craig" of course. On accounta that's my name. Smile

I tried SFCraig this time because I thought as a "new" member it may actually work. The SF part comes from on accounta I'm in San Francisco.

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:29 am

SFCraig wrote:
Aaron wrote:When was 'back in the day' and what was your screen name on the old forum?

I was "Craig" of course. On accounta that's my name. Smile

I tried SFCraig this time because I thought as a "new" member it may actually work. The SF part comes from on accounta I'm in San Francisco.

So what's the connection to the old gazette forum and WV?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:35 am

I started posting there after the Jessica Lynch ordeal. I recognize most of you..do you not remember me? Actually, I think I remember all of you, because the group is smaller now. It's only the diehards.

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:40 am

SFCraig wrote:I started posting there after the Jessica Lynch ordeal. I recognize most of you..do you not remember me? Actually, I think I remember all of you, because the group is smaller now. It's only the diehards.

To be honest, not really. You must not have posted very much. Either that or your not a die hard liberal. Smile
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 am

Craig,

I'm a transplant from RI and only began posting at the Gazz about a year ago. Most of the others participated far longer than I have. I wasn't posting in that forum a few years ago. I'm not sure Aaron was either and you sort of threw me with the Dr. Paul reference. 11 months ago there were only a couple of us extolling his many virtues. I think most West Virginians were clueless about Ron Paul until a few months ago. Even I, one of his most loyal WV supporters, only became familiar with the Congressman about 3 years ago.

In any event, this isn't the Gazz and welcome to the fray.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:56 am

Aaron wrote:
SFCraig wrote:I started posting there after the Jessica Lynch ordeal. I recognize most of you..do you not remember me? Actually, I think I remember all of you, because the group is smaller now. It's only the diehards.

To be honest, not really. You must not have posted very much. Either that or your not a die hard liberal. Smile

Oh, I did...and I am! I live in the Bay Area for heaven's sake! And I moved here BECAUSE of that. Smile

I thought I remember you being moderate to left, no? In any case there were not very many of us "liberals" there. Let's see there was me, Ziggy, (Sherm is dead to me) and Terry, Biomechdude? Shiite...I even remember Computerdino!

Memory failing...getting old.

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:59 am

Stephanie wrote:Craig,

I'm a transplant from RI and only began posting at the Gazz about a year ago. Most of the others participated far longer than I have. I wasn't posting in that forum a few years ago. I'm not sure Aaron was either and you sort of threw me with the Dr. Paul reference. 11 months ago there were only a couple of us extolling his many virtues. I think most West Virginians were clueless about Ron Paul until a few months ago. Even I, one of his most loyal WV supporters, only became familiar with the Congressman about 3 years ago.

In any event, this isn't the Gazz and welcome to the fray.

I remember a few of these guys being Ron Paul fans. It's kind of their way of being conservative but not having get blamed for the Republican President or the GOP neo-con hypocrites in the congress.

Thanks for welcoming me (back, in a way). Smile

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 am

SFCraig wrote:
Oh, I did...and I am! I live in the Bay Area for heaven's sake! And I moved here BECAUSE of that. Smile

I thought I remember you being moderate to left, no? In any case there were not very many of us "liberals" there. Let's see there was me, Ziggy, (Sherm is dead to me) and Terry, Biomechdude? Shiite...I even remember Computerdino!

Memory failing...getting old.

Moderate, maybe on a few issues. If I lean to the left, it's on some social issues only. On all other issues, I definitely lean to the right.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 am

I stand corrected. If I recall correctly, there were a few "Aaron"s.

Now, my list of right-wingers:

Sheik (Mike)
Isaiah
OC
Willy
Hagedorn

Who are other crusty, old veterans?

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:36 am

Hey guys..........Am I a "right-winger"?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:40 am

Stephanie wrote:Hey guys..........Am I a "right-winger"?

No. However, you are usually right when you wing it.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 am

Difficult? Evidently, not difficult enough! However, as long as you are here, welcome. Please, do not wear your welcome out by telling B.M.Dude how to find us.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:45 am

Armon Ayers wrote:Difficult? Evidently, not difficult enough! However, as long as you are here, welcome. Please, do not wear your welcome out by telling B.M.Dude how to find us.

Yeah..you guys aren't known for diversity of opinion! Smile

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

SFCraig wrote:
Armon Ayers wrote:Difficult? Evidently, not difficult enough! However, as long as you are here, welcome. Please, do not wear your welcome out by telling B.M.Dude how to find us.

Yeah..you guys aren't known for diversity of opinion! Smile

Have you protested at the USMC recruiting station, SFCraig?

San Francisco Chronicle
Group protests Marine recruiters in Berkeley

Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, February 1, 2008

Emboldened by this week's show of support by the Berkeley City Council, anti-war protesters on Thursday cranked up their noisy effort to throw the U.S. Marine Corps recruiters out of town, but in the pounding rain it was hard to tell who won the figurative battle of wills.

On one hand, the protesters mustered one of their biggest crowds yet - 40 people - to yell "Drive out the Bush regime" and other slogans outside the Marines' recruiting station on Shattuck Avenue. Hundreds of motorists honked in support as they passed.

On the other hand, there was nobody working at the recruiting station to hear these entreaties. The recruiting staff took the afternoon off.

And not only did the protesters get soaked to the bone in one of the heaviest downpours all week, several local business owners and their customers seethed under the aural onslaught of bullhorns and chanting from 3 to 5 p.m.

"They need a place to be heard, but it doesn't seem like this is the best one," complained Mike Mathis, who sometimes had to shout to be heard as his hair was being cut at the ZNS Beauty Station, next door to the Marines' office. "This is too small a place for a protest this loud."
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 am

SFCraig wrote:Yeah..you guys aren't known for diversity of opinion! Smile

Neither are you guys:

Huckabee Heckled in San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) -- Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was heckled by protestors during a speech in San Francisco Thursday.

Members of the anti-war group Code Pink shouted down the former Arkansas governor during an address before the Commonwealth Club. They were eventually hustled out of the Fairmont Hotel ballroom, but the affable, engaging Huckabee took note of the disruption.

"The beauty of America is that a person can come and even make a disruption, and you know what, that person is not going to be taken out and shot."
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 am

Now, now that's not true. We're very diverse. I oppose abortion and favor decriminalizing drugs. I believe in a non-interventionist foreign policy and while not alone, I doubt I'm in the majority.

I'm an apathist. We have atheists, Baptists, and I'm pretty sure a Universalist or two. We are diverse. Hell, I'm even a Yankee, damn it.

We have members who are independents, Republicans, Democrats and members of the Green Party. Some of us have libertarian leanings.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:03 am

Stephanie wrote:Now, now that's not true. We're very diverse. I oppose abortion and favor decriminalizing drugs. I believe in a non-interventionist foreign policy and while not alone, I doubt I'm in the majority.

I'm an apathist. We have atheists, Baptists, and I'm pretty sure a Universalist or two. We are diverse. Hell, I'm even a Yankee, damn it.

We have members who are independents, Republicans, Democrats and members of the Green Party. Some of us have libertarian leanings.

And don't forget Sherm...

Smile
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:08 am

Keli wrote:
SFCraig wrote:Yeah..you guys aren't known for diversity of opinion! Smile

Neither are you guys:

Huckabee Heckled in San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) -- Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was heckled by protestors during a speech in San Francisco Thursday.

Members of the anti-war group Code Pink shouted down the former Arkansas governor during an address before the Commonwealth Club. They were eventually hustled out of the Fairmont Hotel ballroom, but the affable, engaging Huckabee took note of the disruption.

"The beauty of America is that a person can come and even make a disruption, and you know what, that person is not going to be taken out and shot."

Now, Mr. Hagedorn, you know that protest is a sanctioned American tradition. Would you have it any other way?

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 am

Security must have left their tasers at home.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next