WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor!

+2
ziggy
Keli
6 posters

Go down

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! Empty Palin resigning as Alaska Governor!

Post by Keli Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 pm

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she will resign from office July 26.Her spokesman wouldn't say why Palin decided to step down, but the announcement stirred speculation that she would focus on a bid for the 2012 Republican nomination for president. Spokesman Dave Murrow says Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will be inaugurated at the governor's picnic in Fairbanks at the end of the month.

PALIN 2012!
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! Empty Re: Palin resigning as Alaska Governor!

Post by ziggy Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

I suspect that there may be something else about to break. As she said, stay tuned.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! Empty Re: Palin resigning as Alaska Governor!

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 pm

ziggy wrote:I suspect that there may be something else about to break. As she said, stay tuned.

Yeah..probably she and SC Governor Sanford are getting married!
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 pm

I doubt it's anything that would hurt her politically. We're it, I doubt she would have held a press conference but instead issued a statement through her press secretary.

I believe it will be something that will make her more prominent in national politics and my guess would be that it is based in the lower 48.

And I don’t think she is gearing up for a 2012 run unless the Obama economy nosedives even further then it already has.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Aaron wrote:I doubt it's anything that would hurt her politically. We're it, I doubt she would have held a press conference but instead issued a statement through her press secretary.

I believe it will be something that will make her more prominent in national politics and my guess would be that it is based in the lower 48.

And I don’t think she is gearing up for a 2012 run unless the Obama economy nosedives even further then it already has.

I hope that RINO RNC leader, Steele, resigns and she takes the position.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:30 am

A brilliant political move on Palin’s part.

Announcing her resignation as Governor on a Friday morning, the eve of the Saturday 4th of July Celebration, she effectively will get $100+ million dollars of free political advertising. Maybe double that figure if one was able to add it all up.

Not only will every TV News channel, but every radio News broadcast, radio Commentator, internet Blogger and internet Forum will be discussing Sarah Palin’s resignation all day and night on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

And it being the 4th of July weekend, tens of millions of family members, friends and neighbors will be congregating to celebrate the mid-Summer Holiday and thus a big part of the social intercourse will be …… about the resignation of Sara Palin and “the good, the bad and the ugly” of the Obama Presidency and the long term negative effects of his disastrous policies and decisions. Especially among the politically minded and those who have lost their jobs, their investments, their retirement and/or their savings.

When the smoke clears after all those discussions a Palin POTUS run in 2012 will look pretty damn good to a lot of people.

I predict that Palin will go on a “paid lecture tour” of the lower 48 to pay off her Legal bills and to build up her Political War Chest.

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah. But it's a shame that Michael fellow out in California died when he did. Otherwise, she could have had ALL the media exposure for these several days. bounce bounce bounce bounce
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:48 am

Sunday Morning – MSNBC – Politics – 1st 4 articles listed

Palin cites ‘higher calling’ in quitting as govenor
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31737517/ns/politics-more_politics/

Once again, Palin plays by her own rules
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31730678/ns/politics-washington_post/

Fineman: Palin prepping for a run for president?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31727978/ns/politics-more_politics/

Yes, we're still waiting to read Palin's e-mails
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31727233/ns/politics/

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 am

I thought she was a self-described "bulldog with lipstick"

Bulldogs don't quit.

I'll bet even the Alaskans that supported her are feeling a little betrayed.

I'm thinking it is more that not being able to take the heat - I'm thinking she was about to get hammered by something from the ethics investigations.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:18 am

PALIN 2012!

You may want to think about that. If she does it will be the end of the republican party.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:13 am

I guess it is time I threw a bunch of “salt” on an injured poster’s ego.

I loved her speech. But it's been more fun watching the chattering heads on TV, people who really hate her guts are deeply disappointed in her decision.

They're talking about her like an ex-girlfriend. They're totally over her but they just can't stop talking about her.

Because she is magnificent. I mean who is the last politician they said was a hick, wasn't going any place, was stupid? I think that's Ronald Reagan. She has this amazing ability to connect with people. And you know, as Nixon said, they're not going to have Palin to kick around anymore.

I mean that's — I don't understand, well, I do understand. I think it's insane that people are describing her speech as either bizarre or rambling. I guess you could say that about anything. They also called her ugly. It's just one of those things they say.

It was extremely illuminating. I mean she spent $500,000 defending herself from these ridiculous, frivolous ethics charges. And by the way, another one was filed today. How about we have some right-wingers investigating who is behind filing all these ethics charges?

This one for — today I think it was for travel. In the past it's been for using a Yahoo! account for her e-mails. Another time it was for holding a fish off and allegedly promoting the fishery. She personally has spent $500,000. The state of Alaska has spent millions of dollars.

And by the way the lieutenant governor is a totally great guy so she's leaving Alaska in good hands. She won't be — the business of Alaska won't be eaten up by all these idiotic ethics charges and now she can go off and write her book and give speeches and be what she's supposed to be, which is like a huge star.

Did anybody criticize Arlen Specter or Jim Jeffords for letting down the citizens of their states by switching parties, withdrawing? No, it's a totally different standard for Sarah Palin.

It is, you know, no surprise that the feminist movement came out of the left because liberal men are rabid sexists, though I must say I think a lot of the hatred, probably a majority of the hatred for Palin is coming from liberal women in New York who have overheard their boyfriends saying well, you got to admit, she is good-looking.

Ann Coulter on Palin's Resignation
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530433,00.html

Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 33948 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 33948 Palin resigning as Alaska Governor! 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 am

If you are using Ann kill-all-liberals Coulter as the voice of sanity, I fear you have abandoned yours...

Yes, liberal men are "rabid sexists". Give me a break.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down