WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A governor who gets it!!!

4 posters

Go down

A governor who gets it!!! Empty A governor who gets it!!!

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am

A record that come with finishing the job. An outstanding read and someone to get excited for in the Presidency.

In New Mexico, we focused like a laser on creating an environment in which real employers and job creators could produce job growth.

My priority was to get government out of the way, keep it out of the way, and allow hard-working New Mexicans, entrepreneurs and businesses to fulfill their potential. That's how government can encourage job growth, and that's what government needs to do today.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

A governor who gets it!!! Empty Re: A governor who gets it!!!

Post by Cato Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am

Aaron wrote:A record that come with finishing the job. An outstanding read and someone to get excited for in the Presidency.

In New Mexico, we focused like a laser on creating an environment in which real employers and job creators could produce job growth.

My priority was to get government out of the way, keep it out of the way, and allow hard-working New Mexicans, entrepreneurs and businesses to fulfill their potential. That's how government can encourage job growth, and that's what government needs to do today.

source

It is refreshing to hear about politicians who are more than billowing baffoons. Yes, I could get excited about this man.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Maybe, until you see him and hear him speak. He's a bit of a bore wit a rather flat affect. Plus, he is pro "choice".
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am

Stephanie wrote:Maybe, until you see him and hear him speak. He's a bit of a bore wit a rather flat affect. Plus, he is pro "choice".

When Obama Speaks I get this strange urge to rip the TV of its stand and throw it at the first Democrat I can find. So, this guy would be a refreshing change, since I can't afford another TV set.

Stephanie, with regard to being pro abortion, I didn't know that. It would be a problem for me to support him in that case. The heck of it is, no politican is perfect. They are all going to have platform planks that we disagree with. I guess it really comes down to finding the person who you disagree with the least, or who you agree with on the issues that are most important to you.

I do want to be clear about one thing though, if the election were to come down to this Gary Johnson or Barak Obama or for that matter any other candidate the democrats put forth, Johnson has my vote.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 am

Stephanie wrote:Maybe, until you see him and hear him speak. He's a bit of a bore wit a rather flat affect. Plus, he is pro "choice".

Leave the decision up to the woman

Q: Where do you stand on abortion rights?
A: It should be left up to the woman. If my daughter were pregnant and she came to me and asked me what she ought to do, I would advise her to have the child. But I would not for a minute pretend that I should make that decision for her or any other woman.

Q: But you have supported legislation that requires parental consent and signed a ban on partial birth abortions.

A: I think the decision can be made at an earlier stage. That's why I don't support partial birth abortions. I realize it's a fine line, but I generally come down on a woman's right to decide.

Q: Do you disagree that parental consent is problematic for teenagers who can't talk to their parents?

A: I believe that parents ought to know. Where that can't occur, there needs to be a process in place, which we have in New Mexico.

source

As for his speaking style, well, Barack Obama is one of the better public speakers around as was Bill Clinton. And then on the other side of the coin, you have Ron Paul who sounds like a delusional old man.

Which of the 3 is it that you trust the most again?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 am

Aaron,

I'm supporting the only candidate who has been fighting for liberty, sound money and the restoration of the Constitution for the past 35 years.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am

That's all well and good Stephanie and unless Johnson or another candidate catches my fancy, I'll support him as well.

It doesn't change the fact that he still sounds like a crazy old man.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am

I don't see that, ever. Frequently I do find him not to be a great public speaker, but every now and then, the old guy is on fire!

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 am

You're saying Johnson is a bore with a rather flat affect yet you say you don't see that Paul sounds like a crazy old man, ever. I see you have on the same rose colored glasses that Sammy wears with Palin.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

Are you disagreeing with my assessment of Johnson's public speaking skills?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 am

Yes. He sounds pretty intelligent to me.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am

Here's an interesting description of Johnson going around the internet.

It's not only free republic.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

The RLC is heavily promoting Johnson. I am aware he has supporters. Given the current and forseeable list of candidates Governor Johnson is my #2 pick because while he is pro-choice, I don't believe he would interfer with the right of states to restrict it.
One thing my fellow members of the RLC all agree upon is Ron Paul cannot be the only egg in our basket. We need encourage and support other viable candidates and future candidates interested in liberty and the restoration of the Constitution.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 pm

And then on the other side of the coin, you have Ron Paul who sounds like a delusional old man

I can't argue with that assessment given the fact that your demeanor qualifies you to make that judgment call.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 pm

He's got a ways to go before he's in your league Sammy ole chap. Even though he sounds crazy, he knows what he's talking about and does make sense.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down