WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And they have been telling me it is the cigarette smoke.

Go down

And they have been telling me it is the cigarette smoke. Empty And they have been telling me it is the cigarette smoke.

Post by SamCogar Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:01 am

Would someone please make up my mind for me?

VIENNA - New studies have found direct evidence of a lung cancer risk from the presence of colorless, odorless radon gas in many homes, a United Nations committee said in a report released Tuesday.

Officials on the U.N. Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) said the finding provided the first quantifiable evidence of the risk in homes from radon, long seen as a potential health risk.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and other agencies were revising recommendations on maximum levels of radon in homes and workplaces based on the 20 studies involving tens of thousands of lung cancer patients in North America, Europe and China.

Radon is a hard-to-detect radioactive, noble gas that comes from natural decay of uranium. It can accumulate in buildings, seeping in from the ground through cracks in cellars, and may also be emitted by spring waters and hot springs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32028728/ns/health-cancer/

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down