WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu,

3 posters

Go down

It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, Empty It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu,

Post by SamCogar Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 am

It's da prescription drugs you were convinced to swallow to "kick" your smoking habit.

Smoking-pill suicides overlooked in missing reports

Hundreds of reports of suicides, psychotic reactions and other serious problems tied to the popular stop-smoking drug Chantix were left out of a crucial government safety review because Pfizer Inc., the drug’s manufacturer, submitted years of data through “improper channels.”

“We’ve had a major breakdown in safety surveillance,” said Thomas J. Moore, the ISMP senior scientist who analyzed the data. The serious problems — including reports of completed suicides, suicide attempts, aggression and hostility and depression — had been mixed among some 26,000 records of non-serious side effects such as nausea and rashes, with some dating back to 2006, the year Chantix, or varenicline, was approved.

They echo previous claims that the drug can induce extreme reactions in people trying to quit cigarettes, including vivid nightmares, crippling depression and sudden, violent outbursts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43187290/ns/health-health_care/

Iffen ya can or care to remember, ........ me thinks "I told ya so".

Lemon-drop candy will work just as good as prescription drugs and ...... and it is safer n' cheaper.

It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632 It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632 It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632 It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632 It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632 It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, 81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, Empty Re: It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu,

Post by Aaron Sat May 28, 2011 8:02 am

I used Chantix to quit smoking and didn't have any problems whatsoever. The only thing it did for me was what it was supposed to do which was act as a beta blocker so when I did smoke, I got no nicotine. 13 days after I started taking it, I quit and haven't had a cigarette since.

Wellbutrin on the other hand freaked me out. I took that for 3 days years ago and wouldn't touch the stuff with a latex glove on now.

Regardless of what you do though, the first thing you have to have is the desire to truly quit. I knew I should have quit for years but didn't because I enjoyed smoking. For me, my motivation wasn't health, my kids or societal reasons. I quit because I was approaching a point where I would have smoked for over half my life and I didn't want to cross that threshold.

Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu, Empty Re: It ain't da cigarette smoke dat will kill yu,

Post by Stephanie Sat May 28, 2011 8:23 am

Chantix made my father-in-law hallucinate.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down