WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kennedy Legislative Legacy Hard to Replicate in Senate

Go down

Kennedy Legislative Legacy Hard to Replicate in Senate Empty Kennedy Legislative Legacy Hard to Replicate in Senate

Post by Cato Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 am

From Bloomberg -

Kennedy Legislative Legacy Will Be Hard to Replicate in Senate
By James Rowley

Aug. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Edward Kennedy had a skill that served him well in his four-decade career in the Senate: He knew how to make a friend. ()Knew how to kill them also

It enabled him to bridge partisan differences while maintaining his standing as a fierce advocate of Democratic Party ideals. “I never saw anybody he couldn’t work with,” said Alan Simpson, a former Republican senator from Wyoming.

Read the article

Pa. woman at center of Kennedy's Chappaquiddick scandal
By Larry King
Inquirer Staff Writer

The darkest scandal in Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's colorful life - one that likely denied him the presidency - is indelibly linked to a young woman from Pennsylvania.

Mary Jo Kopechne, a 28-year-old secretary, was leaving a party with Kennedy on July 18, 1969, when the senator drove his car off the side of a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts. Kopechne was found dead in the submerged car the next morning. Kennedy, unable to explain how he escaped the vehicle, did not report the incident to police until after Kopechne's body was discovered.

Read the article here

Yes, his legacy will be hard to replicate and I imagine alot of young ladies hope nobody does.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down