WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied

3 posters

Go down

James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied Empty James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied

Post by SamCogar Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:21 am

I read Jim Haught's column about George W. Bush telling French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, satanic agents of the Apocalypse. It reminded me of a personal experience I had with Ronald Reagan, also involving rather weird religious convictions.

(snip)

An intriguing aspect of this kind of thing is -- as Haught observed -- it's too hot to handle for the mainstream media. Haught referred to George W. Bush as a "crackpot." I agree. And he isn't the only one who has occupied the White House in recent years.

McCartney, now 84, is retired in Florida.

http://www.sundaygazettemail.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/200908281014

cheers James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied 197570 James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied 249131 James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied 81632 lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied Empty Re: James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied

Post by Aaron Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 am

I read the op-ed Sam and honestly don't see the point unless its to crack on religious beliefs. What am I missing?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied Empty Re: James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied

Post by SamCogar Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:02 pm

who has occupied the White House in recent years?

Obama, ... another "crackpot", ..... too hot to handle for the mainstream media.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Don't forget Bubba and his wife.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 am

I was curious because the author of the op-ed was referring to Reagan.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 am

It was that "in recent years" thingy he said ........ but he said it after he said George Bush.

If McCartney intended it to mean Reagan then those last 3 words were unnecessary. And good journalists don't do that without good reason.

But he could argue differently iffen too many took it the way he meant it. Razz

I learned a long time ago how to write "he's a good guy" memo and a "he's a SOB" memo without actually stating the latter. James McCartney: Stories leave ex-reporter stupefied 81632

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down