WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The definition of irony?

3 posters

Go down

The definition of irony? Empty The definition of irony?

Post by TerryRC Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

GOP paved way for Wilson reprimand (linky clicky).

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

The definition of irony? Empty Re: The definition of irony?

Post by TerryRC Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 am

More irony, if true:

However, in 2003, Wilson voted to provide federal funds for illegal immigrants’ healthcare. (linky clicky).

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 am

I see in your desperation Terry, you're now a student of Teddy Boetner, aka One Citizen. That is the same tripe he's been posting on the Gazette threads.

And as I explained to him, if you dig into it, that was a little known provision that likely wasn't know about because the bill was so long that many sections are not even read, nor do the Congressmen have time to read them.

This could easily be rectified by stopping the process of adding amendments to bills (which this was), by reading each bill into record on the house floor, word for word and by each bill receiving it's very own yes or no vote.

If I'm not mistaken, Ron Paul has proposed this be done numerous times and been shot down each. I'm sure either Jimmy or Stephanie has the information to those bills if you like.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 am

And as I explained to him, if you dig into it, that was a little known provision that likely wasn't know about because the bill was so long that many sections are not even read, nor do the Congressmen have time to read them.

I am nobody's student. I picked that article up on Fark.

Anyway, aren't you the one that said that there should be no excuses? That nobody should vote on a bill without full knowledge of what it contains?

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Under the current system, if lawmakers turned down bills because of one amendment, no bill would ever get passed thus EVERY lawmaker has at one time or another voted for something they are against. If you don't know this, then you just don't politics and really have no business commenting on them.

The only way to stop this from happening is to stop placing amendments on bills and vote every bill on it's own merit.

Whether you are or aren't anyone's student doesn't change the simple fact that your rhetoric mirrors that of the far left on all subjects. Perhaps you get your marching orders from the same place he does.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:12 am

Whether you are or aren't anyone's student doesn't change the simple fact that your rhetoric mirrors that of the far left on all subjects. Perhaps you get your marching orders from the same place he does.

Yes, that vast leftist conspiracy. Many of your comments mirror those on the extreme right. Is that coincidence or "marching orders".

Wilson is a jerk. He acted like a jerk. In the end, he voted, whether he knew it or not, for the very thing he was railing against.

If this was a left leaning politician, you would be trashing against him for voting ignorantly. As it is, you are giving this order-breaking hypocrite a pass.

Don't talk to me about MY partisanship.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 am

Some people actually believe that it is far more important for one to comply with PC ...... than it is to be honest and truthful.

Survival nurturing makes one do strange things.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 am

If you can't see how Wilson voted against what he was wailing about Terry then you're ignorant of how a bill becomes a law. It happens on both sides of the ailse and the ONLY remedy is to stop adding amendments to bills.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 am

Some people actually believe that it is far more important for one to comply with PC ...... than it is to be honest and truthful.

Some people feel that following the rules THAT YOU AGREED TO (rules of order) is the right thing to do.

If you can't see how Wilson voted against what he was wailing about Terry then you're ignorant of how a bill becomes a law. It happens on both sides of the ailse and the ONLY remedy is to stop adding amendments to bills.

What is an ailse?

The fact is that you have banged on liberal politicians for supporting or voting on bills WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS IN THEM.

Also, I agree with you about adding riders on legislation. It is a bad thing.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 am

What is an ailse? [/quote]

It's called Terry being so desparate to make a point that he has to resort to highlighting a msispeeled word. Happens quite often.

Razz

TerryRC wrote:The fact is that you have banged on liberal politicians for supporting or voting on bills WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS IN THEM.

Citation please
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:17 am

Citation please

You know that you have.

Now you want to give Wilson a pass for trashing Obama for "wanting to give health care to illegals" after for he voted for a bill to give illegals medical treatment because "those pesky bills are just SO HARD to read".

I agree with the latter, actually, but that doesn't take away his responsibility to know what he is voting on.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm not excusing anyone for anything Terry and you know it, just as you know it happens every day in Washington as our current system of amending a bills assures it.

Are you so desparate to be right that you will continue to argue a system you know is flawed?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:45 am

Are you so desparate to be right that you will continue to argue a system you know is flawed?

I never supported the system. I would ban riders on bills.

I just wouldn't condemn one person for not reading a bill while giving another person a pass because of I like their political ideologies.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 am

Who's excusing someone for not reading a bill?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down