WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reid's Freudian Vote??

5 posters

Go down

Reid's Freudian Vote?? Empty Reid's Freudian Vote??

Post by Keli Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

The 60-39 vote on a cold winter morning capped months of arduous negotiations and 24 days of floor debate. It also followed a succession of failures by past congresses to get to this point. Biden presided as 58 Democrats and two independents voted "yes." Republicans unanimously voted "no."

An exhausted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., initially cast a "no" vote by mistake, then quickly corrected himself.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Reid's Freudian Vote?? Empty Re: Reid's Freudian Vote??

Post by SamCogar Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Well DUH, Harry can now always say he voted "NO" on it, RIGHT.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:12 pm

If Republicans do nothing else, I would like to see them put everything they have in defeating Harry Reid.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 pm

I am certain that they will try.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:10 am

Friday, December 11, 2009

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continues to lag behind all potential Republican challengers in next year’s U.S. Senate race in Nevada, according to new Rasmussen Reports telephone polling in the state.

For now at least, his championing of the president’s health care plan appears to raise further red flags for the Democratic incumbent. Fifty-four percent (54%) of Nevada voters oppose the plan, while 44% favor it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate_race

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:29 am

I think it is a bit early yet to count him out. If the economy changes I wouldn't plan on too many defeats. The tide can turn very quickly depending on 'conditions on the ground'. Some of course will oppose him on the health care issue alone. But most won't I would say.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm 6"8 and going to play in the NBA next year. I said it so it must be so.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm 6"8 and going to play in the NBA next year. I said it so it must be so.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Actually Aaron that is an excellent and truthful statement regarding your world view.

[flash(77,77)]Reid's Freudian Vote?? 5ebd29c59b[/flash] Ten watter for sure.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Some of course will oppose him on the health care issue alone. But most won't I would say.

Is it your observation that most Americans support health care reform as it is presently structured? I do not. And what's more, I'll be anxious to see if the House and Senate can even reconcile their two disparate versions.

I posted yesterday that some observers believe Obama will drop the frantic efforts to pass health care reform and pivot his support to a "jobs" bill. I use quoatation marks because I believe it will have to be another sop to his union supporters and not a jobs bill at all.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:08 pm

ohio county wrote:
Some of course will oppose him on the health care issue alone. But most won't I would say.

Is it your observation that most Americans support health care reform as it is presently structured? I do not. And what's more, I'll be anxious to see if the House and Senate can even reconcile their two disparate versions.

I posted yesterday that some observers believe Obama will drop the frantic efforts to pass health care reform and pivot his support to a "jobs" bill. I use quoatation marks because I believe it will have to be another sop to his union supporters and not a jobs bill at all.

Though there is opposition on the right the left is disappointed at the lack of a public option which the majority of Americans did support. I think many do not see this as 'real reform'. I prefer to think of it as Sharrod Brown did as a beginning. Hopefully more Americans will look on it that way.

I think there will be a refocusing onto a 'jobs' bill eventually. But if he gives up on health care that would be bad for him I think. I don't think he will for that reason alone.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down