WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS

+3
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
TerryRC
Keli
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS Empty WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS

Post by Keli Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 am

MyFreePress.com

CATHOLIC NUN SEARCHED BY MUSLIM TSA AGENT. GO FIGURE!

Since 9/11, traveling by plane is a nightmare. It is amazing how Americans have allowed themselves to be humiliated, strip searched, wanded, puffed, etc. so the politically correct Homeland Security can show they’re not racist by profiling the very people who should be profiled…Muslims!

What has happened to common sense? Have we become so docile we have lost all of our spirit? Have we lost our sanity?

We have all witnessed the TSA goons at airports searching and wanding American grandmothers in wheel chairs. It’s ridiculous! We’ve all had fingernail clippers forcefully taken from us! What, are we going to give the pilot a manicure?

We’re allowed to carry on miniature amounts of shampoo and other toiletries yet a Nigerian Muslim on a FBI no-fly list can board a plane with liquid strapped to his leg!

Americans are not the ones who need to be screened! We need to stringently screen Muslims! The level of political correctness is beyond ridiculous! I prefer non-American Muslims were not allowed to enter the United States under any condition.

The fact that a Nigerian with ties to Al Qaeda can get a visa to enter the US shows our government is not willing to protect us!

The Israelis do it right. At their airport, they don’t worry about Americans or white people who don’t act suspicious. They DO vigorously screen and check EVERY Muslim before they are allowed to board the plane. Why? Because while not every Muslim is a terrorist, every terrorist is a Muslim! The Israelis created a system of behavior recognition. It works in keeping bad guys off of planes.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS Empty Re: WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:04 pm

The Israelis do it right. At their airport, they don’t worry about Americans or white people who don’t act suspicious. They DO vigorously screen and check EVERY Muslim before they are allowed to board the plane. Why? Because while not every Muslim is a terrorist, every terrorist is a Muslim! The Israelis created a system of behavior recognition. It works in keeping bad guys off of planes.

Tell that to Tim McVeigh. Tell that to IRA members.

Anybody know a country that needs civil liberties? We apparently are fixing to give ours away...

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS Empty Re: WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:09 pm

TerryRC wrote:The Israelis do it right. At their airport, they don’t worry about Americans or white people who don’t act suspicious. They DO vigorously screen and check EVERY Muslim before they are allowed to board the plane. Why? Because while not every Muslim is a terrorist, every terrorist is a Muslim! The Israelis created a system of behavior recognition. It works in keeping bad guys off of planes.

Tell that to Tim McVeigh. Tell that to IRA members.

Anybody know a country that needs civil liberties? We apparently are fixing to give ours away...

I say PROFILE THE AMISH--they are the ones that are behind it all! I don't trust them.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:11 pm

I say PROFILE THE AMISH--they are the ones that are behind it all! I don't trust them.

Mocking my point is not the same as countering it.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:45 pm

TerryRC wrote:I say PROFILE THE AMISH--they are the ones that are behind it all! I don't trust them.

Mocking my point is not the same as countering it.

Tim McVeigh was profiled in that he was a member of certain groups. The IRA are watched and no doubt on watch lists. So, why shouldn't Muslim males? How many of the 9/11 terrorists were Amish? However, I have a way to solve this. All Muslims have to answer this question: Is America the Great Satan? Those who affirm the statement should be shot before they harm themselves or others.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm

I don't think the small minority of radical Muslims are reason enough to profile them.

But when you couple that with the vast majority of ALL Muslims who refuse to condemn them for their actions, I think that adds up enough to raise eyebrows.

I'm sure many Arabs felt the same way about Europeans a thousand years ago whether they were coming through Turkey or via the Mediterranean Sea.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 am

Tim McVeigh was profiled in that he was a member of certain groups. The IRA are watched and no doubt on watch lists. So, why shouldn't Muslim males? How many of the 9/11 terrorists were Amish? However, I have a way to solve this. All Muslims have to answer this question: Is America the Great Satan? Those who affirm the statement should be shot before they harm themselves or others.

Since when do we kill people for their opinions? So very christian, Crusader.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:03 pm

TerryRC wrote:Tim McVeigh was profiled in that he was a member of certain groups. The IRA are watched and no doubt on watch lists. So, why shouldn't Muslim males? How many of the 9/11 terrorists were Amish? However, I have a way to solve this. All Muslims have to answer this question: Is America the Great Satan? Those who affirm the statement should be shot before they harm themselves or others.

Since when do we kill people for their opinions? So very christian, Crusader.

The only good radical/jihadist/al Qaeda type-Muslim is a dead one.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 am

The only good radical/jihadist/al Qaeda type-Muslim is a dead one.

Believe what I what you to believe, or I'll kill you. Sounds about right...

Very Old Testament.

Not all of the people that think America is doing evil things would act upon it.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:58 am

I think my government is doing a lot of evil things. Am I a terrorist? Should I be profiled.

Terry is 100% correct when he says we're giving our civil liberties away. Full body scans to board a plane? So much for privacy.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:16 am

Terry is 100% wrong and so are you for agreeing with him. You have no guranteed civil libirty to board a plane. If you want privacy, stay home. Or in your car. But you don't get it on public transportation.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:02 pm

I didn't realize the government owned the airlines or the skies.

Pardon my mistake, please.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Stephanie wrote:I didn't realize the government owned the airlines or the skies.

Pardon my mistake, please.

It is pardoned.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Exactly when did the government take over the airlines? Is owning the sky anything like kissing it?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Let's back up and start over. I'll ask the question I should have ask to begin with.

Exactly what civil liberty are you "giving away?"
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Privacy
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:47 pm

And you would be wrong, at least according to our court system. The issue has never been heard by the Supreme Court but every lower court decision has stated that the individual does not have a "reasonable" expectation of privacy when entering an airport, thus there is no 4th Amendment violation.

By declining to hear these lower cases, the Supreme Court affirmed the constitutionality of airport searches. This was further affirmed in 1997 in Chandler v. Miller (meaning 9/11 did not weigh on the decision) that "where the risk to public safety is substantial and real, blanket suspicionless searches calibrated to the risk may rank as 'reasonable."

And I would agree as I don't believe you have a reasonable expectation of privacy when boarding a plane. I believe that you concede that right in exchange for traveling on an airplane in the name of public safety.

You do have one alternative though. Don't fly.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:58 pm

Aaron,

This is an entirely new kind of search, a serious invasion on the privacy of millions of people. I'm not so sure the technology they're using is comparable. I think a challenge will be waged and SCOTUS will hear it and they'll decide.

btw....I won't fly. I avoid mass transportation of all kinds now. The service is now deplorable and I expect trains to be targeted here now.

It's too bad, I like riding trains and used to do it all the time when I lived in New England.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 am

I'm not sure what technology you're referring to but as these cases go back to the 1970's and have been challenged repeatedly, including provisions of the Patriot Act and the Supreme Court has refused to hear one case yet tells me the likelihood they will hear one now are miniscule.

And given the make up of the current court, I doubt they would decide privacy has been violated. If anything, I think you would see at least 6 Justices finding the constitutional.

I agree that you shouldn't give up security for freedom but I don't see this as that case. I think the expectations of the American people are that we have a reasonable expectation of safety in the air and that the consequences of what someone can do with a small weapon compared to say, holding hostages while robbing a bank.

Granted, many of the TSA employees are jerks but that's a reason not to allow them to unionize or grant them collective bargaining, not reduce searches for passengers getting on a plane.

As for searching trains, I have no problem with having individuals walking through various detectors including those searching for liquids. you give up your "reasonable" expectation of privacy when you purchase a ticket and attempt to board. If you don't want to subject yourself to the search then simply don't ride the train or fly.

At least that's the way I see it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:42 am

[url=https://servimg.com/view/13690594/9]WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS 800px-10[/url
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:49 am

Stephanie wrote:[url=https://servimg.com/view/13690594/9]WE MUST START PROFILING MUSLIMS AT AIRPORTS 800px-10[/url

You can refuse the body scan and can instead be pat down by someone of your gender.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 am

Barring health issues, I have no problem with that scan.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 am

Terry is 100% wrong and so are you for agreeing with him. You have no guranteed civil libirty to board a plane. If you want privacy, stay home. Or in your car. But you don't get it on public transportation.

The security (TSA) is federally owned and run. The fed is FORBIDDEN to discriminate.

You are wrong, Aaron.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 am

Who says they are discriminating?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 am

The topic is, should they profile Muslims. If they profile Muslims that's discrimination.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next