WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next

4 posters

Go down

Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next Empty Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next

Post by Keli Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm

John Edwards Claims He 'Calmed' Pakistan; NBC's Gregory Unfazed
newsbusters ^ | Jan 3, 2008 | Rich Noyes

On this morning’s Today show, NBC’s David Gregory challenged Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards about his vote for the Iraq war, his relative lack of experience, and his divisive us-vs-them rhetoric. But Gregory had absolutely no reaction when Edwards grandly claimed that his phone call to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf in the hours after the assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto “was a calming influence” that helped stabilize an “international crisis” and was proof he is “ready for the Presidency.”

“We just had this, this international crisis in Pakistan that is still ongoing. And my response to that was to speak directly to President Musharraf, to urge him to do a series of things that would move the country toward democracy, that would allow international inspectors into the country and to proceed with the elections in an open, fair, verifiable and secure way. And I believe was a calming influence in a very volatile situation.”

Does Edwards really think that in the turmoil following Bhutto’s killing his phone call was of any consequence whatsoever? Or is this just another display of Edwards’ knack for grotesque overstatement, as when in 2004 he claimed that “when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.”
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next Empty Re: Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next

Post by ziggy Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Methinks that Keli has a trembling premoniton that Edwards is about to upset Hillary.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next Empty Re: Edwards "calmed" Pakistan-will walk on water next

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Funny how people can view things so differently. I read that and all I could think of was:

I think Edwards is suffering delusions of granduer.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by umairwasi Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 am

Stephanie wrote:Funny how people can view things so differently. I read that and all I could think of was:

I think Edwards is suffering delusions of granduer.

Its really funny because after leaving the government by the Musharraf situation become more critical, here some mature type of community in the country think and believe that if Musharraf come back here again in civil form then he could resolve the crisis.
umairwasi
umairwasi

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-28

http://vopn.forumsc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down