WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mal-distribution of wealth?

+4
ziggy
SamCogar
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Keli
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mal-distribution of wealth? Empty Mal-distribution of wealth?

Post by Keli Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:21 am

"The last couple three years the mal-distribution of income in America is gone up way too much, the wealthy are getting way, way too wealthy, and the middle income class is left behind. Wages have not kept up with increased income of the highest income in America. This legislation will have the effect of addressing that mal-distribution of income in America." Sen. Max Baucus (D, Montana)
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Mal-distribution of wealth? Empty Re: Mal-distribution of wealth?

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:23 am

WSJ: "Personal Income Drops Across America..." http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575144033573666238.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:14 am

The WSJ is right, ...... the wife tells me she is dropping more and more of our Personal Income everytime she goes to the store to buy something.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 am

SamCogar wrote:The WSJ is right, ...... the wife tells me she is dropping more and more of our Personal Income everytime she goes to the store to buy something.

Shopping? SHOPPING? Who gets to go shopping? Most of us have been reduced to being hunter/gatherers. Man, it must be nice to be able to go shopping, Sam! You might have won at the lottery of life, SC; BUT, I just hope that the mal-distribution of wealth in your direction is somehow eu-distributed in my direction.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am

As I recall, Hussein once said reparations “don’t go far enough”.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Keli wrote:............................ reparations “don’t go far enough”.

That is true in the same say that giving a man a fish does not go far enough. Teaching men how to fish for themselves is of more value to both the teachers and the ones taught than is merely giving a man a fish.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm

ziggy wrote:
Keli wrote:............................ reparations “don’t go far enough”.

That is true in the same say that giving a man a fish does not go far enough. Teaching men how to fish for themselves is of more value to both the teachers and the ones taught than is merely giving a man a fish.

I have even a better idea. Howabout people taking the initative to learn themselves.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 pm

I have even a better idea. How about people taking the initative to learn themselves.

Friend, what have you ever learned "yourself", without inspiration and/or instruction from others?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 am

Friend, what have you ever learned "yourself", without inspiration and/or instruction from others?

How many hundred things would you like for me to list?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

One would be a start.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm

1. I taught myself how to catch a rabbit in a steeltrap.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

ziggy wrote:
I have even a better idea. How about people taking the initative to learn themselves.

First, don't call me friend, we aren't. I taught myself to tie trout flys, I most of what I know about woodworking I've learned on my own.

The fact is however, it is not my responsibility to teach another anything. I will help another if the ask for help, but I will not be forced to help another.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 am

I taught myself to tie trout flys, I most of what I know about woodworking I've learned on my own.

And without any external inspiration / instruction form others, right? Yeah, sure.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:02 am

ziggy wrote: And without any external inspiration / instruction form others, right? Yeah, sure.

Zigster, that is really disengenuous on your part to assume that Willy and I don't have any more aspirations to learn and do things than you have ever had.

And yes, I taught myself to tie trout flys also, loved those Brook Trout, I did. And to be a cabinetmaker, ........ and to paint with oils, ....just to name a few.

Here Zig, whatta ya think about this?

Mal-distribution of wealth? Painti10

Can't ya just picture a big ole hooked jawed Brookie lying there waiting for a Mayfly nymph to come washing down over that waterfall?

Mal-distribution of wealth? 197570 Mal-distribution of wealth? 197570 Mal-distribution of wealth? 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

That is a right pretty painting there, Sam. And if it is your handi-work with brush and paint and canvass, then I am happy for you.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

ziggy wrote:

I taught myself to tie trout flys, I most of what I know about woodworking I've learned on my own.

And without any external inspiration / instruction form others, right? Yeah, sure.

Ziggy, we aren't all like you. We don't need to mooch off others. We are actually able to think and reason for ourselves.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Ziggy, we aren't all like you. We don't need to mooch off others. We are actually able to think and reason for ourselves.

So who do you think I am "mooching" from, Cato? I am retired from self-employment, have paid tens of thousands of $$$ into Social Security over the years- and have not been paid even one dime from Social Security, and I supplement my retirement income with a part time job. So just who am I mooching from?

You are able to "think and reason" for yourselves because you have been given the tools and inspired by someone or by several someones to do that.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

So who do you think I am "mooching" from, Cato? I am retired from self-employment, have paid tens of thousands of $$$ into Social Security over the years- and have not been paid even one dime from Social Security, and I supplement my retirement income with a part time job. So just who am I mooching from?

You are able to "think and reason" for yourselves because you have been given the tools and inspired by someone or by several someones to do that.

Is not your question in reference to needing someone to inspire or teach? I can't speak for anyone else but I need no other person to inspire me. Now maybe you need to mooch off their accomplishments, but I don't.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Cato wrote:Is not your question in reference to needing someone to inspire or teach? I can't speak for anyone else but I need no other person to inspire me. Now maybe you need to mooch off their accomplishments, but I don't.

You have no evidence that I mooch anything from anyone. You are just trying to change the subject to detract from your statement about reparations.

I had said that reparations are not enough in the same say that giving a man a fish does not go far enough. I added that, "Teaching men how to fish for themselves is of more value to both the teachers and the ones taught than is merely giving a man a fish."

Then you, Cato, said, "I have even a better idea. How about people taking the initiative to learn themselves."

When we are talking about reparations we are talking about reparations for people whose ancestors had the spirit of self-sufficiency, the spirit of equality under the law, the spirit of the American ideal beat out of them by their 17th, 18th, and 19th century slave masters, and by the Ku Klux Klan and wannabe Klanners during the last half of the 19th century and most of the 20th century. When tens of generations of one's ancestors have been beaten into subservience, the next generation or two does not somehow automatically break the chains that bind their spirits.

You and I are fortunate that generation after generation of our ancestors did not have to succumb to the slave masters and their Klan successors- fortunate that social subservience and personal dependence and was not bred into our very spirits and our souls as it was for generations of black Americans.

But rather than talk about how to help a people overcome the economic and other social baggage of inherent racism in America- about why we are even discussing "reparations"- you instead turn the discussion up-side-down in a pathetic attempt to somehow portray Ziggy as a "moocher".

Why can't you hold an honest discussions about anything without trying to villanize those who do not share your social bigotry and your contempt of those who have less social advantage than you?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:27 am

Slavery ended 150 years ago. The civil rights act is 45 years old. The average Africian American who is a victim of the type of racism that you speak of is our age, not the youth of America today.

The only people holding African Americans down today are African Americans. The number 1 killer of African Americans age 15-34 is homicide by another African American. I'm sure you'll see this as a symptom of slavery but I hardly see how anyone can blame actions that occurred centuries before they were born are the cause for their actions today.

Besides, haven’t we paid enough to the African American community through entitlement programs which are in truth as responsible for holding that segment of society down as slavery was?

Perhaps instead of just handing something else to the African American community, we should teach them to fish instead of making excuses for their actions and feeding them.

Homicide

The same CDC reports say that homicide is the:

* the leading cause of death among black men aged 15-34 years. (Three age categories!)

* the second leading cause of death for black women aged 15-24 years.
* the fifth leading cause of death for black women aged 25-34 years.

Among women aged 15-24, homicide accounts for 5% of premature deaths in white females, but 20% of all premature deaths by black females.

Among both black and white men, homicide deaths peak at aged 25-34. The death rate by homicide among white men in this age group is 12.5 per 100k, and accounts for 10% of all premature deaths. The death rate by homicide among blacks in this age group is 101.8 per 100k, and accounts for 48% of all premature deaths.

The majority of black female homicide victims are killed by a current or former boyfriend, which many refer to as “femicide.” About 93% of all black homicide victims are killed by a black perpetrator overall. 85% of white homicide victims are killed by a white perpetrator.

“The National Black Women’s Health Project” has identified the battering of women as the number one health issue for African American women (Joseph, 1997).

Femicide is a leading cause of premature deaths in African American women aged 15-44. (Journal of Issues in Nursing Vol 7, No. 1)

In 1998, Salber and Taliaferro reported that the spousal homicide rate among African Americans is 8.4 times more than for whites. The incidence of spousal homicide is 7.7 times higher in interracial marriages compared to intraracial marriages. (Source WebMD.com)

Relationships with black men dramatically increase a woman’s chances of dying young.

Black females aged 15-19 are 3.9 times more likely to die of homicide or AIDS than white females in the same age group. This increases to 4.4 time for females aged 20-24 and 7.3 times for 25-34.

White women who engage in relationships with black men dramatically increase their chances of premature death or long term health problems from murder, beatings, and STDs.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:Is not your question in reference to needing someone to inspire or teach? I can't speak for anyone else but I need no other person to inspire me. Now maybe you need to mooch off their accomplishments, but I don't.

You have no evidence that I mooch anything from anyone. You are just trying to change the subject to detract from your statement about reparations.

I had said that reparations are not enough in the same say that giving a man a fish does not go far enough. I added that, "Teaching men how to fish for themselves is of more value to both the teachers and the ones taught than is merely giving a man a fish."

Then you, Cato, said, "I have even a better idea. How about people taking the initiative to learn themselves."

When we are talking about reparations we are talking about reparations for people whose ancestors had the spirit of self-sufficiency, the spirit of equality under the law, the spirit of the American ideal beat out of them by their 17th, 18th, and 19th century slave masters, and by the Ku Klux Klan and wannabe Klanners during the last half of the 19th century and most of the 20th century. When tens of generations of one's ancestors have been beaten into subservience, the next generation or two does not somehow automatically break the chains that bind their spirits.

You and I are fortunate that generation after generation of our ancestors did not have to succumb to the slave masters and their Klan successors- fortunate that social subservience and personal dependence and was not bred into our very spirits and our souls as it was for generations of black Americans.

But rather than talk about how to help a people overcome the economic and other social baggage of inherent racism in America- about why we are even discussing "reparations"- you instead turn the discussion up-side-down in a pathetic attempt to somehow portray Ziggy as a "moocher".

Why can't you hold an honest discussions about anything without trying to villanize those who do not share your social bigotry and your contempt of those who have less social advantage than you?

You want an honest discussion, I'll give you one. First, I owe no man, be they black, white , green, yellow, homosexual, female, male, or whatever.

We all face adversity and we all have set backs. It is the individual's responsibility to deal with these setbacks. It is not society's job or responsibility. You talk about teaching a person to fish, well that person is to take the initative to learn. The catch is today so many have traded initative to taking handouts, i.e. mooching.

The black race is a fine example. They seem to think they are owed. They seem tot hink they are owed a living, a job, an education, a house, and the list goes on. I had to work for what I have. I didn't ask the politicans to give me a thing. I wasn't entitled anything, I earned it though hard work. Now it's time the blacks in this country learned, one earns, one is not ever entitled anything. As Aaron said, the black race's worst enemy is the black leadership, who has made them dependant on nanny government and has beat on the white race with the mantle of racism. I have so sympathy for any balck, hispanic or anyone else for that matter that goes through life telling me I owe them.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Aaron wrote:Slavery ended 150 years ago. The civil rights act is 45 years old. The average Africian American who is a victim of the type of racism that you speak of is our age, not the youth of America today.

The only people holding African Americans down today are African Americans. The number 1 killer of African Americans age 15-34 is homicide by another African American. I'm sure you'll see this as a symptom of slavery but I hardly see how anyone can blame actions that occurred centuries before they were born are the cause for their actions today.

Besides, haven’t we paid enough to the African American community through entitlement programs which are in truth as responsible for holding that segment of society down as slavery was?

Perhaps instead of just handing something else to the African American community, we should teach them to fish instead of making excuses for their actions and feeding them.

A lot of what you say here is true, Aaron. And you ended up saying pretty much what I said- that we should teach them to fish instead of feeding them.

But when I say that, Cato calls me a "moocher". So maybe the moral is that Aaron says it better than I did. And if so, I'm Cool with that.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:26 pm

ziggy wrote:

But when I say that, Cato calls me a "moocher". So maybe the moral is that Aaron says it better than I did. And if so, I'm Cool with that.

Ziggy, I don't care what you do, as long as you don't use the government to extort money from me to do it. I don't much care what others do anymore, how they live, or what they believe, so long as they leave me alone and so long as they don't demand that I owe them, because in reality I don't.

If you want to teach a person to fish, fine, just don't demand I do it also, and don't demand the government take from me so you can teach another to fish. Allow me to choose for myself who I care to help and whom I don't.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:26 am

First, don't call me friend, we aren't. I taught myself to tie trout flys, I most of what I know about woodworking I've learned on my own.

Nature was your inspiration for the former. Were you not mimicking it?

As far as the woodworking, you may have taught yourself the technique but you knew the process was possible because people have done it before. You didn't invent the idea of a wooden chair, even if you did make one.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:30 am

The black race is a fine example. They seem to think they are owed. They seem tot hink they are owed a living, a job, an education, a house, and the list goes on.

Wow. Just wow.

When I was in Africa, I met blacks that were nothing like the ghetto culture we find in the inner cities. They were hard working farmers and laborers.

I work with black people that are well-spoken REPUBLICANS. Believe me, they do not feel they are owed anything.

Willy, your statement above shows what a small-minded person you truly are.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next