WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mal-distribution of wealth?

+4
ziggy
SamCogar
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Keli
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mal-distribution of wealth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mal-distribution of wealth?

Post by Stephanie Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:52 am

I have black REPUBLICAN friends.

There is a problem in the African-American community. It is a problem in THIS country.

When we are talking about reparations we are talking about reparations for people whose ancestors had the spirit of self-sufficiency, the spirit of equality under the law, the spirit of the American ideal beat out of them by their 17th, 18th, and 19th century slave masters

I cannot let this statement stand alone, as though only white Europeans enslaved the Africans. I know the public schools I attended from 1969 to 1982 didn't teach this, but the fact remains that many of the Africans sent to America on slave ships were SOLD into slavery by their people. Tribal chiefs, even parents SOLD their own children into slavery. I'm not convinced ideals like equity under the law and self-sufficiency were present centuries ago in Africa any more than they are in their decendents today.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 am

I have black REPUBLICAN friends.

There is a problem in the African-American community. It is a problem in THIS country.

Agreed. That, however, is not what willy said. He insulted a whole race in his ignorance.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

TerryRC wrote:The black race is a fine example. They seem to think they are owed. They seem tot hink they are owed a living, a job, an education, a house, and the list goes on.

Wow. Just wow.

When I was in Africa, I met blacks that were nothing like the ghetto culture we find in the inner cities. They were hard working farmers and laborers.

I work with black people that are well-spoken REPUBLICANS. Believe me, they do not feel they are owed anything.

Willy, your statement above shows what a small-minded person you truly are.

I just call em as I see em. Sorry my comment offended you.

Oh by the way, I know a few conservative blacks also and they'll say the samething I said.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 pm

I just call em as I see em.

We all do, friend, we all do. And your eyes are not any better than anyone else's.

Last edited by ziggy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 am

I just call em as I see em. Sorry my comment offended you.

Oh by the way, I know a few conservative blacks also and they'll say the samething I said.

It didn't offend me. It shows me that you have no sense.

You say this:

The black race is a fine example. They seem to think they are owed. They seem tot hink they are owed a living, a job, an education, a house, and the list goes on.

Then you say this:

You are either lying about knowing some conservative blacks (I notice they are not "friends") or you can't see that the latter statement contradicts the former. Unless neither you nor your conservative black friends think of themselves as part of the "black race".

You offend yourself, or at least your own logic.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm

TerryRC wrote:I just call em as I see em. Sorry my comment offended you.

It didn't offend me. It shows me that you have no sense.

You say this:

The black race is a fine example. They seem to think they are owed. They seem tot hink they are owed a living, a job, an education, a house, and the list goes on.

Then you say this:

You are either lying about knowing some conservative blacks (I notice they are not "friends") or you can't see that the latter statement contradicts the former. Unless neither you nor your conservative black friends think of themselves as part of the "black race".

You offend yourself, or at least your own logic.

Well Well Well the pseudo libertarian oozed in to make another proclaimation. I meant what I said exactly as I said it.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Well Well Well the pseudo libertarian oozed in to make another proclaimation.

I don't think he has described himself as a libertartion. So what is "pseudo" about Terry RC?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am

I don't think libertarian is a dirty word. Is it?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:09 am

No, it isn't. But Cato calls Terry RC a "pseudo libertarian". Maybe Cato does not understand the meaning of either "pseudo" or "libertarian", or both.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 am

ziggy wrote:
Well Well Well the pseudo libertarian oozed in to make another proclaimation.

I don't think he has described himself as a libertartion. So what is "pseudo" about Terry RC?

The samething that describes you. You proclaim that you want little to do with government, yet, you want government to level the playing field. You want government regulation of businesses and you seem to support thngs like affirmative action.

Terry is the same way, like you he has been peeing and moaning about how I should be required, forced by the government to use my property in a manner to which I disagree and then on the other hand is condemns a government that dares to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only.

Both you and Terry are hypocrits. Aren't you two smart enough to know that property doesn't have rights, people have rights. I have the right to use my property as I desire, just as a homosexual couple should have the right to marry if they desire.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 am

Well Well Well the pseudo libertarian oozed in to make another proclaimation. I meant what I said exactly as I said it.

So, is the whole black race lazy and grasping? You said, yourself that you have conservative black friends. I assume they do not think that they are owed anything. You can't even take a consistent stand in your own posts.

Both you and Terry are hypocrits. Aren't you two smart enough to know that property doesn't have rights, people have rights. I have the right to use my property as I desire, just as a homosexual couple should have the right to marry if they desire.

So can I use my property next to your restaurant as a garbage dump? After all, it is my property do do with as I see fit. Ah, so. There are limitations as to how your property can be used, then.

Terry is the same way, like you he has been peeing and moaning about how I should be required, forced by the government to use my property in a manner to which I disagree and then on the other hand is condemns a government that dares to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only.

Oh, Willy, you lie. I have said time and time again that the fed and the states should not be in the marriage business at all.

You want the right to discriminate against gays and single moms, but heaven forbid someone refuse to do business with someone because they are a baptist, or put a sign up in their business that says "we do not serve christians" - you would be SCREAMING in outrage.

First, learn to spell "hypocrite". Second, point that finger at yourself.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 pm

I have the right to use my property as I desire, just as a homosexual couple should have the right to marry if they desire.

By what authority do you have that right? Only by the authority of the laws of the very government that you so hate. The laws set forth by the government define your ownership of your property. You are trying to have it both ways. Hypocrite, heal thyself first.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm

It seems to me what you both (Terry & Ziggy) are suggesting is that only anarchists aren't hypocritical. I disagree. There are some rights which are our founders declared unalienable........life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness. Note the phrase, "the pursuit of happiness", that's not a guarantee.

Property owners are protected by the US Constitution. Nowhere in the Constitution is it stated that citizens or businesses can be compelled to service anyone.

Homosexuals have the right to live together, they have the right to buy property and rent property but they don't have the guarantee that anyone will be willing to rent to them. Cato's property is his and he can do with it as he sees fit, providing he isn't harming another person or persons in doing so. Recently a lesbian couple was denied an apartment in this area because they are gay and they learned there is NO LAW compelling the landlord to rent to them in WV or the USA.

While the world anxiously awaits Obama's next pick for SCOTUS, wondering if the nominee will be a he or a she or Asian or perhaps a politician, I sit here wondering if he might not just get the notion to select a homosexual. Now that would make for some interesting confirmation hearings.....
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 pm

TerryRC wrote: Well Well Well the pseudo libertarian oozed in to make another proclaimation. I meant what I said exactly as I said it.

So, is the whole black race lazy and grasping? You said, yourself that you have conservative black friends. I assume they do not think that they are owed anything. You can't even take a consistent stand in your own posts.

Yes, I do. They are exactly wha the left made them, dependant on government and a victim race.

TerryRC wrote: So can I use my property next to your restaurant as a garbage dump? After all, it is my property do do with as I see fit. Ah, so. There are limitations as to how your property can be used, then.

Yes you can or should be able to. However, I have or should have every right to sue you for the damages you cause my business.

TerryRC wrote:Oh, Willy, you lie. I have said time and time again that the fed and the states should not be in the marriage business at all.

You want the right to discriminate against gays and single moms, but heaven forbid someone refuse to do business with someone because they are a baptist, or put a sign up in their business that says "we do not serve christians" - you would be SCREAMING in outrage.

Just as homosexuals should have the right to live their life as they see fit, I have the right to use my property as I see fit.

As for the rest of your post, if someone choose not to business with a person because they are a Christian so be it, that is their choice. So no, I won't be crying outrage. I vote with dollars just as others do.

TerryRC wrote:First, learn to spell "hypocrite". Second, point that finger at yourself.

I may not be able to spell, but I do understand what liberty is. It is a shame you and your pal Ziggy, haven't a clue when it comes to liberty.

Last edited by Cato on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 pm

ziggy wrote:
I have the right to use my property as I desire, just as a homosexual couple should have the right to marry if they desire.

By what authority do you have that right? Only by the authority of the laws of the very government that you so hate. The laws set forth by the government define your ownership of your property. You are trying to have it both ways. Hypocrite, heal thyself first.

So then what you are saying is that one doesn't own property, the government does. You make yourself a bigger hypocrit every post you make.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

Cato's property is his and he can do with it as he sees fit, providing he isn't harming another person or persons in doing so. Recently a lesbian couple was denied an apartment in this area because they are gay and they learned there is NO LAW compelling the landlord to rent to them in WV or the USA.

And if all of the Catos in a town get together, they can drive the gays out of town by refusing them services, creating a de facto segregation.

Perhaps they can put a sign at the town limits that says "no gays or papists allowed".

That is why anti-discrimination laws are necessary - to uphold civil rights laws. To keep people like Willy from thumbing their noses at the spirit of our laws.

Yes, I do. They are exactly wha the left made them, dependant on government and a victim race.

Willy, if you know black conservatives, your statement isn't consistent. Either they are all grasping and greedy and you DON'T know conservative blacks, or your blanket statement is wrong and you know it.

According to Willy, all blacks, worldwide, are lazy. Congrats, Willy, not only do you not make sense, you have insulted a whole race. Kudos.

Yes you can or should be able to. However, I have or should have every right to sue you for the damages you cause my business.

If someone can sue you for something you did, it must have been ILLEGAL, what you were doing. So, you admit that you CAN'T use your property in any way you see fit.

As for the rest of your post, if someone choose not to business with a person because they are a Christian so be it, that is their choice. So no, I won't be crying outrage. I vote with dollars just as others do.

Now you have that option. Let christians become a minority that people won't do business with and you may starve.

I may not be able to spell, but I do understand what liberty is. It is a shame you and your pal Ziggy, haven't a clue when it comes to liberty.

Ah, more tripe. I understand liberty enough to know that you want yours at the expense of others. You want to maximize your freedoms by minimizing that freedoms of others.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 am

TerryRC wrote: Cato's property is his and he can do with it as he sees fit, providing he isn't harming another person or persons in doing so. Recently a lesbian couple was denied an apartment in this area because they are gay and they learned there is NO LAW compelling the landlord to rent to them in WV or the USA.

And if all of the Catos in a town get together, they can drive the gays out of town by refusing them services, creating a de facto segregation.

Perhaps they can put a sign at the town limits that says "no gays or papists allowed".

That is why anti-discrimination laws are necessary - to uphold civil rights laws. To keep people like Willy from thumbing their noses at the spirit of our laws.

As I have said, people choose certain paths and they have consequences. As Keli has said homosexuals choose their lifestyle and I am saying they have to accept the consequences that come with it.

Anti-discrimination laws and those who support them stand in absolute conflict to the rights of the individaul .

TerryRC wrote:Yes, I do. They are exactly wha the left made them, dependant on government and a victim race.

Willy, if you know black conservatives, your statement isn't consistent. Either they are all grasping and greedy and you DON'T know conservative blacks, or your blanket statement is wrong and you know it.

According to Willy, all blacks, worldwide, are lazy. Congrats, Willy, not only do you not make sense, you have insulted a whole race. Kudos.

In this nation to majority of the black rase has bought into the racebaiters and lefts demands. Thus the black race in this nation has become a lazy group of victims wanting whity to give thema free ride. There are exceptions to this, but the general pattern is that the black race is lazy.

[quote="TerryRC"]Yes you can or should be able to. However, I have or should have every right to sue you for the damages you cause my business.

If someone can sue you for something you did, it must have been ILLEGAL, what you were doing. So, you admit that you CAN'T use your property in any way you see fit.[quote]

No, ding dong it doesn't have to be illegal. The party just has to responsibile for the damage to your property.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 am

In this nation to majority of the black rase has bought into the racebaiters and lefts demands. Thus the black race in this nation has become a lazy group of victims wanting whity to give thema free ride. There are exceptions to this, but the general pattern is that the black race is lazy.

Which is it? The whole black race, as you originally said, or just blacks in our nation, except of course, for the black conservatives you know that either aren't black or conservative because they can't exist, even though you know them...

You are raving.

No, ding dong it doesn't have to be illegal. The party just has to responsibile for the damage to your property.

Damaging property that doesn't belong to you is ILLEGAL. Thanks for being so insulting.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2