WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorial Day

4 posters

Go down

Memorial Day Empty Memorial Day

Post by ziggy Mon May 31, 2010 10:56 pm

"Today I shall wince if I hear some orator say our fallen warriors "died to keep us free.” Why? Because, since WW II, I've not seen a single war fought for our freedom. “Freedom” is just another word to justify U.S hegemony in the world. The dead—some of my friends—were tragically misguided, their courage exploited, their blood wasted. And they will have died in vain, if we refuse to study war no more."- Jim Lewis
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day

Post by Keli Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:55 am

Have police officers who died maintaining the peace also died in vain, Zaggy?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:42 am

Some have, others not.

Anyway, I do not accept the premise that those who died in the Vietnam War or in the Iraq War were "maintaining the peace".
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm

ziggy wrote:Some have, others not.

Anyway, I do not accept the premise that those who died in the Vietnam War or in the Iraq War were "maintaining the peace".

Did things in SEA get better or worse for the whole region before or after the USA left? What is it that you agree with about WWII, Ziggy?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm

And why do you agree with WW2 considering that 1) it was nothing but an extension of WW1 and the only reason we were involved was because of Wilson's meddling in Europe and b) FDR not only knew the Japense were going to attack, he provoked the attack specifically to get us involved in WW2?

Seems to me by your defination, if your looking for just wars, you have to go back to 1812 Ziggy.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Did things in SEA get better or worse for the whole region before or after the USA left?

After the USA left, Americans were not killing Asians by the millions annually, and were not dying by the hundreds some weeks- thousand some months in SEA. I think that was a good turn of events on both counts- reduction of the numbers of Asians being killed by Americans and the number of Americans dying while doing so.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Seems to me by your defination, if your looking for just wars, you have to go back to 1812 Ziggy.

Could be. I have not been particularly supportive of U.S. involvements in WWI and WWII. I use the end of WWII as mostly a reference point for future wars that happened in my lifetime.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm

So you have very opinionated responses when discussing immigrant Americans from Europe vs. immigrant Americans from Asia of 1,000 years ago but have little to say about WW1 or 2 other then “you have not been particularly supportive.”

Interesting.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Did things in SEA get better or worse for the whole region before or after the USA left? What is it that you agree with about WWII, Ziggy?

Did things get worse for Americans after we engaged in SEA? Did things get better for Americans after we left? Those should be the questions.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down