WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So now, 2 months later we read about this.

2 posters

Go down

So now, 2 months later we read about this. Empty So now, 2 months later we read about this.

Post by SamCogar Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:30 am

On April 27, 2010 the USGS reported that a 2.9 magnitude earthquake had occurred with its epicenter located 7 miles from Man, WV, but then later cancelled this reported incident.

On April 04, 2010 the USGS reported that a 3.4 magnitude earthquake had occurred at 04:19 AM with its epicenter located 8 miles WSW of Gassaway, WV.

On Monday, April 05, 2010, at 3:00 PM the Goal Coals mine explosion occurred, killing 29 coal miners.

So now, 2 months later we read about this.

June 12, 2010 - MSHA shakes up disaster team after learning of 'methane outbursts'

In one incident, on Feb. 18, 2004, workers deep inside Upper Big Branch heard a "big thump," just before the mine floor opened up, creating a 240-foot-long fracture that sent methane gas pouring into the mine.

Massey reported that other incident, on July 3, 2003, as a "methane inundation" of Upper Big Branch caused by an "extreme bump" and heaving of the mine floor. "Mine personnel described the July 2003 outburst as a very high pressure event, comparable to the sound of a jet engine," according to an internal MSHA report.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201006120376?page=2&build=cache

Referenced Data on earthquakes during past 6 months.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

So now, 2 months later we read about this. Empty Re: So now, 2 months later we read about this.

Post by ziggy Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm

When nothing else works, just claim that "It was an act of God."

Pittston Coal Company - they claimed the flood was, "an act of God," as they argued that there was nothing wrong with the dam except that it couldn’t hold all of the water "God poured into it."

http://www.umich.edu/~snre492/Jones/buffalo.html
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down