WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism

3 posters

Go down

Racism Empty Racism

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 am

Does anyone know? Did the NAACP condemn the actual rantings--not the alleged rantings of the Tea Party--of the New Black Panthers?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Racism Empty Re: Racism

Post by Cato Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Silly boy, don't you know, blacks aren't racist. Only whites are racists.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Armon Ayers wrote:Does anyone know? Did the NAACP condemn the actual rantings--not the alleged rantings of the Tea Party--of the New Black Panthers?

Maybe the NAACP jumped the gun about the alleged racist remarks made by TEA Party members as they did about comments made by Ms. Sherrod? I think it is time for a beer summit between Ms. Sherrod and the white farmer... Does said farmer have a case for reparations--or damages caused by Ms. Sherrod's racism?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 am

Keli wrote:
Armon Ayers wrote:Does anyone know? Did the NAACP condemn the actual rantings--not the alleged rantings of the Tea Party--of the New Black Panthers?

Maybe the NAACP jumped the gun about the alleged racist remarks made by TEA Party members as they did about comments made by Ms. Sherrod? I think it is time for a beer summit between Ms. Sherrod and the white farmer... Does said farmer have a case for reparations--or damages caused by Ms. Sherrod's racism?

Let me tell you I was wrong in my judgement of Ms. Sherrod. When this first broke, my first thought was all we have is another Jerimiah Wright. However, I was wrong and I admit I was wrong in my view of the lady and the situation.

The following is a except for an article by Juan Williams a Foxnews contributor -

Sherrod said she initially didn’t do all she could to help Spooner but when she discovered that white officials she referred him to failed to help him she had a revelation. She said she realized race was not the issue and dedicated herself to helping poor people of any race. The second part of the speech was cut out -- creating the appearance of black on white racism.

Sherrod’s full story is not in doubt.

According to Eloise Spooner, the white farmer’s wife, Sherrod helped her husband greatly. “We probably wouldn’t have [our farm] today if it hadn’t been for her leading us in the right direction… she was good to us, I tell you,” Mrs. Spooner told reporters who bothered to check before writing.

It is also important to know that Sherrod is a black southerner who has revealed that her father was killed by a white farmer. Despite witnesses and evidence of the crime, she said a southern grand jury refused to indict anyone for murder. The racial pain, the bitterness inflicted on Sherrod as a child might have created hateful feelings towards white people in her heart but the incredible, redemptive “Amazing Grace,” story is that she did not become a racist.

But then someone – still unknown – took Sherrod’s touching speech and edited it to create the impression that she was a black racist. The editor made it appear that Sherrod claimed to a black audience that she withheld help from a white man because he is white.

That twisted tape was placed for all to see on a right-wing website, BigGovernment.com, as a two and half minute video clip. The idea that the black president had a black official who discriminated against white people fit with a recent burst of charges coming from some of the president’s conservative critics

Read the Entire Article Here

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down