WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONLY GREENS DEFENDING ASSANGE- GOP & DEMS ATTACK

+5
SamCogar
Cato
Stephanie
SheikBen
ziggy
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ONLY GREENS DEFENDING ASSANGE- GOP & DEMS ATTACK - Page 3 Empty Re: ONLY GREENS DEFENDING ASSANGE- GOP & DEMS ATTACK

Post by Cato Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Aaron wrote:I think I would have to agree with Sam. I've read portions of the leaks including those in the article Cato pasted and I honestly haven't seen anything that is doing a great deal of damage to this country.

Welp, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

ONLY GREENS DEFENDING ASSANGE- GOP & DEMS ATTACK - Page 3 Empty Re: ONLY GREENS DEFENDING ASSANGE- GOP & DEMS ATTACK

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:16 pm

You disagree Cato but you've not posted anything other then a story in the Wall Street Journal of the harm being done America.

Interesting.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Aaron wrote:You disagree Cato but you've not posted anything other then a story in the Wall Street Journal of the harm being done America.

Interesting.

I trust the Wall Street Journal. Additionally, there was a General who spoke on Fax News about the leaks and the damage they were doing along witht he deaths they would cause. That was more than good enough for me.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:21 pm

I think I'll take Ben's advice on this one.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Washington "leaks" like a sieve- ALL the time, anyway. So what's the big deal here? Selective "off the record" leaking of all manner of U.S. government "secrets" is nothing new. If someone was arrested / executed every time a U.S. government "secret" was leaked to the press, to a spouse, to a girlfriend, to friends at DC cocktail parties, etc., the USA would be the political prisoner and political execution capitol of the world.

What I have seen of the "Wiki-leak" materials is more either personally or politically (sometimes difficult to see a difference) embarrassing than of strategic importance.

ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 pm

(Cato) That being said, I'm willing to bet that the leak of these documents can be found close to our present leadership, either in Congress or in the Whitehouse. All of this is just a bit too convienent. Additionally, I am fairly confident, we have the ability to shut Wikileaks down, if the order was given to do so.

Who would have the legal authority to give such an "order"?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:49 am

Who would have the legal authority to give such an "order"?

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Government-IT/Cyber-Monday-Crackdown-Government-Shuts-Down-82-Websites-278462/

Apparently Eric Holder and/or John Morton if they think Assange is selling phony Gucci bags...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 am

Cato wrote: Additionally, there was a General who spoke on Fax News about the leaks and the damage they were doing along witht he deaths they would cause. That was more than good enough for me.

Well now, iffen memory serves me right those Generals haven't been having very good luck at managing those terrorist "killing" activities in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world during the past 8+ years , ..... so I'm not so sure one should be putting much faith in what they have to say about a recent event.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 am

Apparently Eric Holder and/or John Morton if they think Assange is selling phony Gucci bags...

What if the servers are in the Caymans?

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I'd be willing to go down there with you, play 18, drink some rum drinks with umbrellas and spend some time in the crystal-clear Caribbean waters... How tough could it be running off a couple effete Swedes?

ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3