WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium

4 posters

Go down

U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium Empty U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium

Post by ohio county Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:28 pm

29 to 71.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium Empty Re: U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Are you suprised in the least?

How did our distinguished Senators vote on this measure?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium Empty Re: U.S. Senate Narrowly Rejects Earmark Moratorium

Post by ohio county Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:30 pm

VoteNo. Session Date Vote QuestionDescription Result Position
75 2 3/13/08 On the Motion (Motion to Waive C.B.A. DeMint Amdt No. 4347)To establish an earmark moratorium for fiscal year 2009. Motion Rejected (29-71, 3/5 majority required) Nay
73 2 3/13/08 On the Motion (Motion to Waive C.B.A. Cornyn Amdt. No. 4313)To protect the family budget from runaway Government spending by increasing the number of Senators necessary to waive the PAYGO Point of Order from 60 to 100. Motion Rejected (27-71, 3/5 majority required) Nay
An earmark may be pork to some political chatterbox on television, but it could be an economic lifeline for a community,” Byrd said in a Thursday evening statement. “It may be [for] a road that has fallen into dangerous disrepair or a bridge that is on the verge of collapse. An earmark is an economic need that many times falls between the cracks of the Washington bureaucracy.”

Or it may be for a wood science center or a bridge that the state had planned to build.

Rockefeller just votes against the moratorium and says nothing.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Rockefeller is as useless as tits on a bull, I swear it. I got another letter from him the other day....thanking me for my interest but unfortunately we disagree (AGAIN) yada, yada, yada.....
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Stephanie wrote:Rockefeller is as useless as tits on a bull, I swear it. I got another letter from him the other day....thanking me for my interest but unfortunately we disagree (AGAIN) yada, yada, yada.....

So what kind of letter would you want to receive from a legislator or Congressman / Senator who disagreed with your request?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:29 pm

ziggy wrote:
Stephanie wrote:Rockefeller is as useless as tits on a bull, I swear it. I got another letter from him the other day....thanking me for my interest but unfortunately we disagree (AGAIN) yada, yada, yada.....

So what kind of letter would you want to receive from a legislator or Congressman / Senator who disagreed with your request?

Anyone who disagrees with me with the frequency of Rockefeller is useless to me. This wasn't the first such letter I've received from him, or even the fifth. They began coming with regularity after the first, in which he apologized for the delay in response and explained about some back injury or something.

That's it, I'm going to start saving them. I write him a couple of times a month now. I should save them from Capito too. I can have a race, who rejects me the most. lmao
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down