WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Matthews is birther?

+3
ohio county
ziggy
Keli
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chris Matthews is birther? Empty Chris Matthews is birther?

Post by Keli Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

On Monday night's edition of "Hardball," host Chris Matthews talked about putting the birth certificate controversy surrounding President Obama to rest.

"Why has the president himself not demanded they put out the original documents?" Matthews wonders.

"If it exists, why not put it out?" Chris Matthews asks.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Chris Matthews is birther? Empty Re: Chris Matthews is birther?

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:18 pm

My wife was unable to get the "original document" of her birth in Putnam County, West Virginia. But she does have a certificate from the Putnam County Clerk that says the birth records of that county show that she was born on such and such date to such and such parents.

Does the fact that she could not get the "original document" mean that her status as a U.S. citizen is significantly doubtful?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Does she have an ambition to be President of the United States? Would you think it excessive if someone demanded her original birth certificate if she did?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:19 pm

ohio county wrote:Does she have an ambition to be President of the United States?

No- not as far as I know. But she has surprised me before; so I never know for sure. Smile

Would you think it excessive if someone demanded her original birth certificate if she did?

Yes. I would think that the Clerk's certification as to what the records show would be good enough for anyone who wanted an honest documentation of her citizenship. Of how many 20th and 21st century presidents or presidential candidates were their "original birth certificate" demanded? How many were produced?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 pm

ziggy wrote:My wife was unable to get the "original document" of her birth in Putnam County, West Virginia. But she does have a certificate from the Putnam County Clerk that says the birth records of that county show that she was born on such and such date to such and such parents.

Does the fact that she could not get the "original document" mean that her status as a U.S. citizen is significantly doubtful?

Her document from Putnam County Clerk is worthless as well but then you know that. This is just more of your word games.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:My wife was unable to get the "original document" of her birth in Putnam County, West Virginia. But she does have a certificate from the Putnam County Clerk that says the birth records of that county show that she was born on such and such date to such and such parents.

Her document from Putnam County Clerk is worthless as well but then you know that. This is just more of your word games.

Her retirement board did not think it was worthless. And if I ever have to have a birth certificate to renew my driver's license, I don't think that WV DMV will consider such a certification worthless, either. And you said that- driver's license renewal- was a BIGGIE; remember?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 am

Short forms:

Short forms, known sometimes as computer certifications, are not universally available, but are less expensive and more readily accessible. Information is taken from the original birth record (the long form) and stored in a database that can be accessed quickly when birth certificates are needed in a short amount of time.[citation needed] Whereas the long form is a copy of the actual birth certificate, a short form is a document that certifies the existence of such certificate, and is given a title such as "Certification of Birth", "Certification of Live Birth", or "Certificate of Birth Registration."[citation needed] The short form typically includes the child's name, date of birth, sex, and place of birth, although some also include the names of the child's parents. When the certification does include the names of the parents, it can be used in lieu of a long form birth certificate in almost all circumstances.[22] Nearly all states in the U.S. issue short forms certifications, on both state and local levels.[24
]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_certificate

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:03 am

And in WV Code:

§16-5-26. Reproduction and preservation of records.
To preserve vital records and other original documents, the State Registrar is authorized to prepare typewritten, photographic, electronic, or other reproductions of certificates or reports and files in the section of vital statistics. When verified and approved by the State Registrar, the reproductions shall be accepted as the original records, and the documents from which permanent reproductions have been made may be disposed of as provided by legislative rule or other provisions of state law.

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/Code.cfm?chap=16&art=5#05
Worthless? Not according to West Virginia law.

Word games? If so, it's not Ziggy's word games. I'm just telling you what is. If you don't like it, take it up with your local WV legislator, or, in the case of Obama, with the Hawaii state legislature.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 am

ziggy wrote:My wife was unable to get the "original document" of her birth in Putnam County, West Virginia.

I would think there are numerous wives that are unable to get the "original document" of their birth ......... probably because County Clerks, etc. don't very often give original documents away. Chris Matthews is birther? 81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:26 am

That is correct, Sam. And that can even be because the "original document" no longer exists- having been disposed of in the normal course of recordkeeping.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 am

The section of code you cited is the documentation provided to vital statistics in Charleston. You can't register a child for school, get a marriage license, renew or receive a new drivers license or receive a passport with a raised seal birth certificate from the Department of Vital Statistics.

Yes, other then as a keep sake, a county or hospital issued birth certificate is worthless in today's society. In fact, they are so worthless, hospitals do not even issue birth certificates any longer. The certify a birth and forward the paperwork to the state and the parent is required to get the certificate from them.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:20 am

SamCogar wrote:
ziggy wrote:My wife was unable to get the "original document" of her birth in Putnam County, West Virginia.

I would think there are numerous wives that are unable to get the "original document" of their birth ......... probably because County Clerks, etc. don't very often give original documents away. Chris Matthews is birther? 81632

Even if they gave you a copy Sam, it would be worthless. All birth certificates for any official act such as a passport, drivers license, school enrollment and even little league All Stars requires a state issued raised seal birth certificate from vital statistics. Ziggy's comment is just another asinine attempt by him to distract from the conversation.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 am

From the WV State Code

§16-5-28. Copies from the system of vital statistics.

(b) All forms and procedures used in the issuance of certified copies of vital records in the state shall be approved by the State Registrar. All certified copies of certificates of birth issued shall have security features that deter the document from being altered, counterfeited, duplicated or simulated without ready detection in compliance with regulations issued by the federal government.

So those county copies are indeed worthless save for personal use.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:41 am

Aaron wrote:
SamCogar wrote:

Even if they gave you a copy Sam, it would be worthless. All birth certificates for any official act such as a passport, drivers license, school enrollment and even little league All Stars requires a state issued raised seal birth certificate from vital statistics. Ziggy's comment is just another asinine attempt by him to distract from the conversation.

The issue at hand conversation is the "original document" which, more and more, is becoming practically and legally obsolete- especially for those of us born before the era of electronic record keeping.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 am

Yet it is that county copy issued "original document" that Keli and OC demand of Barack Obama. Why would they demand a worthless document?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:50 am

You'll have to ask them that. I'm no more a birther then I was a truther. None of that changes the fact that you're wrong about the Putnam County document. It's worthless save for a keepsake.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Again, not according to her retirement board- which required a birth certificate to process her retirement.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:06 pm

And if you say they accepted a county issued birth certificate and did not require a vital statistics issued one, I'd say, using your words, your a goddamn liar.

ziggy wrote:I agree with Aaron
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Aaron wrote:And if you say they accepted a county issued birth certificate and did not require a vital statistics issued one, I'd say, using your words, your a goddamn liar.

You can "say" whatever you want- just like about your couple of "Jackson County businessmen" friends who said I had low or no character and integrity. It is all just so many words, " ............ full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". But keep at it. Some day maybe you can at least impress yourself.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Why don't you explain how it is that this STATE retirement board is willing to accept a county issued birth certificate when no other STATE agency is? You can't because they do not. You're a goddamn liar.

ziggy wrote:I agree with Aaron
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

It is up to the state agency to explain what it requires and accepts, and why. So ask them. But maybe they are liars too. So whatever.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:29 pm

They did in the West Virginia Code, which you provided the link to so in essance, it was you who provided the proof that you're a goddamn liar.

How's that for poetic justice.

Chris Matthews is birther? 33948 Chris Matthews is birther? 33948 Chris Matthews is birther? 33948
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Nothing in that section of WV Code says that a county issued birth certificate is invalid. It just says that a state Vital Statictics electronically produced birth certificate is valid. County Clerks as well as the state division of Vital Statistics are both keepers of birth and other legal vital statistic records. I see nothing that indicates that a county issued birth certificate is any less valid than a state issued one. And apparently the state PERB doesn't either.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:11 pm

§16-5-28 of the WV Code states All forms and procedures used in the issuance of certified copies of vital records in the state shall be approved by the State Registrar. All certified copies of certificates of birth issued shall have security features that deter the document from being altered, counterfeited, duplicated or simulated without ready detection in compliance with regulations issued by the federal government.

The State Registarar's office stopped certifying county issued birth certificates years ago. Is there a reason you keep telling lies?

Last edited by Aaron on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:17 pm

ziggy wrote:

Yet it is that county copy issued "original document" that Keli and OC demand of Barack Obama. Why would they demand a worthless document?

DUH, the State of Hawaii is really a county?

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next