WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Democrats love Palin, ..... but hate her anyway.

2 posters

Go down

These Democrats love Palin, ..... but hate her anyway.  Empty These Democrats love Palin, ..... but hate her anyway.

Post by SamCogar Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 am

Alaska battles over how lifeblood oil is taxed

JUNEAU, Alaska — A high-stakes political battle is being waged in Alaska over whether to cut oil production taxes, an issue that could determine whether the trans-Alaska pipeline keeps pumping billions of dollars into the state's coffers.

On one side are Gov. Sean Parnell, top House Republicans and the oil industry, who argue that the current tax structure is stifling investment and must be changed to boost oil production and avert a now-looming shutdown of the pipeline that carries at least 10 percent of the nation's crude oil production, on average.

On the other side are House Democrats and leading senators, who say the Parnell administration hasn't justified the need for tax cuts and credits that could cost up to $2 billion a year, and they question what — if anything — the state will get in return.

The current tax structure, a legacy of former Gov. Sarah Palin known as Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share, or ACES, features a 25 percent base tax rate and a progressive surcharge triggered when a company's net profits hits $30 a barrel; it also boasts a suite of tax credits. The idea was the state would help companies on the front end but would also share with them in the good times, when oil is flowing and prices are high.

But critics, including Parnell and the oil industry, believe the surcharge is excessive and a disincentive to investment. Parnell said the only proof he needs to validate his position is the fact companies are investing more in other energy-rich areas, like North Dakota.

The number of oil and gas jobs grew from 10,100 in 2006, the year before ACES was passed, to 12,900 in 2009. But it's not clear how many jobs were tied to new drilling or how many were for maintenance.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/alaska-battles-over-how-893645.html

Let's see now, up to $2 billion a year in new tax revenues and 2,800 new jobs ........ and Aaron doesn't think Sarah Palin is qualified to ........ pour piss out of a boot with the direction on the heel.

Not surprising though, given the fact he doesn't know the difference between a "poll" and a "pool".

I wonder iffen his motorcycle boots are wet n' soshy on the inside?

lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

These Democrats love Palin, ..... but hate her anyway.  Empty Re: These Democrats love Palin, ..... but hate her anyway.

Post by Aaron Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am

I'd ask you to show me where I said whe wasn't qualified Sam but we both know 2 things. 1) You can't answer that question because I've never said that and B) even if you could, Sam One Citizen doesn't answer questions he runs like his protege from days gone by.

As for the tax, I favor the same tax on coal and gas in West Virginia, just as TC (I believe) did. When he pointed that out and they hypocrisy of Palin in her stances during the election versus imposing those taxes on Alaskaian businesses, you called him a bleeding heart liberal (among other things-your responses seem similar when you're questioned and/or proven wrong) who wanted to end coal and chase industry out of WV.

Since you're touting the positives now, doesn't that make you a hypocrite Sam!!!

I am curious though, do you think taxing our natural resources as then Gov Palin (before she quit) is a way to end our national debt Sam?

Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down