WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kick me

2 posters

Go down

kick me Empty kick me

Post by shermangeneral Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 am

Ever see somebody walk around with a sign someone stuck on their back saying "kick me"?

Remember how John Kerry tried to pre-empt the rightwing wackos' claim on Patriotism by touting his own honorable service record?

Politics is a dirty game and when your opponent sees you are making hay out of a virtue they will try to shoot you down.

Remember the so-called swift boat veterans? (Actually a rightwing political hit squad.)

Well I fear the same fate will befall John McCain.

I do not agree with it, but I am pretty sure it will happen.

Truth has no place in politics.

That is if you want to win.

The left slimeballs will do the same thing to McCain as the right slimeballs did to Kerry.

But unlike some of the rightwingers on here who joined in and piled on in the effort to discredit Kerry's honorable service, I will not join the effort to discredit McCain.

I think he is an honorable man who is just wrong on a lot of issues.

Personally I think he is making a mistake by touting his service and patriotism, because it is already well known.

By doing so, he is just putting that "kick me" sign on his back, imo.

But I am sure his so-called consultants are counseling him otherwise.

Last edited by shermangeneral on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

kick me Empty Re: kick me

Post by Aaron Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:59 am

Kerry got nicked; McCain was a POW for 5 years at the Hanoi Hilton.

Kerry came home, threw his medals away and protested the war. McCain served honorably for 20+ more years.

Kerry was setting himself to run for President way back then. McCain was serving his country.

The two are about as much alike as you and I are Sherm. I have no doubt the left will try but it will be very difficult for them discredit him, at least as far as his military service is concerned.

I do commend you though Sherm. Not many with your views place honor on serving in the military.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down