WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down

3 posters

Go down

Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down Empty Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:24 am

Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down
MoneyWeb ^ | 041408 | Jeffrey Ball

OXFORD, England -- Marc Stuart and Pedro Moura Costa have become multimillionaires in a booming new market designed to fight global warming. Now, their empire is under attack. Their firm, United Kingdom-based EcoSecurities Ltd., helps companies in the industrialized world meet their obligations to pollute less by selling them "credits" that fund clean-air projects in poorer nations. Last year, some $9.4 billion in these credits were traded, up from almost none four years earlier

I am willing to sell some carbon credits to the highest bidder. I have a one acre estate here. If I allow my grass to grow to a foot high, then I am increasing the area of CO2 absorbing grass to twelve times the amount--or twelve acres of carbon scrubbing! I am pretty certain that I can get a few others here on the board to do the same. Well, just think of the money we could make--and how many drowning polar bears could be saved. Are you with me?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down Empty Re: Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 am

And your point is what? That crooks and mismanagement can occur
in about all sectors of the economy?

The Montgomery Ward, the Enron and the Bear-Stearns houses of cards taught us that already.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down Empty Re: Two carbon-market millionaires take a hit as UN clamps down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 am

ziggy wrote:And your point is what? That crooks and mismanagement can occur

The Montgomery Ward, the Enron and the Bear-Stearns houses of cards taught us that already.

Okay, Ziggy or SFCraig...I'll put you both down as undecided.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 am

And your point is what? That crooks and mismanagement can occur

Except the Public Employees sector of the West Virginia economy, ....... right? Razz Razz

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down