WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we be viewed as racist...

+6
ziggy
shermangeneral
Randall
lindaredtail
SamCogar
Aaron
10 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Will we be viewed as racist... - Page 13 Empty Re: Will we be viewed as racist...

Post by ziggy Wed May 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Stephanie wrote:I do believe she is capable of pretty much anything. Are you telling me you don't think that very thought has crossed the minds of Sen. & Mrs. Obama?

I doubt that Sen. & Mrs. Obama are as paranoid about the Clintons as some of the rest of us are.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Will we be viewed as racist... - Page 13 Empty Re: Will we be viewed as racist...

Post by Stephanie Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 pm

LOL

Moi? Paranoid? OK, we did make me laugh. Perhaps I don't need jokes.

You know how sometimes you try to say something with a straight face but can't? I'm over here lmao over this little chat we're having.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 pm

I think there has been too much bad blood too for them to run together. It turned out to be 41% points which is a lot, a real lot. Hillary wanted to draw attention to the primary here and she did. Her new point and though I do not support her is correct. (No Democrat has won the White House without winning WV since 1916.) Both states (MI and Fla.) have ruled out new elections. On May 31, the Rules Committee will meet. What party leaders are hoping is that HRC and BO can reach a deal. I myself am for the even split. Hillary doesn't want that because it doesn't help her. I think in the end they'll pick a Hillary friend for the VP. Some are saying that's the safe bet. On CBS News Up to the Minute, they were saying (analyst and in the newspaper) that she and Bill racially tinged it so much there are just too many hard feelings for them to ever run together. Would she hurt him? For some reason she brings out every Republican withing miles to vote against her when she's running.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 3:30 pm

The VP consideries are Strickland (Ohio) Bayh (IN).Randell (PA), Sebelius (Kansas) Webb (Virginia) My choice would be Webb. He neutralizes McCain's Navy experience with higher more executive positions as well. He served and his son is serving now. Good choice. His credentials are moderate and would appeal to swing state voters.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 8:45 pm

John Edwards has officially endorsed Barack Obama this pm. He warned Hillary not to harm the party. She's like the energizer bunny. Going to keep on going. I think he's had enough. Perhaps he'll campaign in Kentucky. Might be helpful. They say with superdelegates and an actual defection of a pledged delegate today Hillary's gain from WV has been totally neutralized. Not good news for her.I really do not dislike her. I would like to see her exit with grace and dignity not dragged kicking and screaming from the stage in August.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 pm

I figure Hillary knows "when to fold 'em, and when to fold 'em". If she folds, it will be with a flare that leaves millions of people's mouth agape with "awe and respect".
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 9:31 pm

I just hope Ziggy that she does it in a way that doesn't lose the Dems the election. Sooner would be better than later. I saw two more political analysts one on CBS News up to the minute and one in the newspaper say that she had racially tinged the primaries and it would not lead to a positive result.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Even though I know that people are responsible for their own actions last week I was on a forum (CBS News ) when a poster threatened Barack Obama's life. I turned it in to the Webmaster but another poster contacted the Secret Service. Whether he meant it or not I don't know but probably not. No one wanted to take a chance though.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 8:02 am

Well I know some of the Obama koolaid crowd would never buy into this but here is my theory for what it is worth.

I know loving eyes never see but here is my opinion.

The Edwards endorsement and especially the timing of the announcement was a cold, calculated political decision.

Certainly not a profile in courage.

The Obama campaign connivers of course knew from the polling that they would be blown out by the wv voters.

And so they were sitting on the Edwards card till the time was right so they could counter the Clinton news cycle and steal the headlines on Wed.

And they had a co-ordinated effort to brand wv as a bunch of ignorant racists whose opinion should be ignored.

That same theme played out through the leftwing talkshow circuit just like Linda redtail brought it to this forum. (I suspect she has been duped as opposed to her being an active participant in this nefarious connivance. Just like she thinks we are being duped by the evil racist Clintons.)

btw Linda redtail do you know the glorious History of WV when it comes to being enlightened vis a vis human/civil rights?

Did you know WV seceeded from Va during the Civil War, Va being a slave state and WV free?

Did you know the WV motto is "Mountaineers always Free?"

The Obama bunch is trying to use WV just like they used SC.

Turn the election into a debate on race instead of addressing the issues.

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 8:29 am

ShermanGeneral today at 8:02 am I was watching the Today Show (I believe it was) when John Edwards said on Friday that what you just said was not so. HE made the decision to endorse Obama less than 24 hours before he did so. He could be lying but I have no reason to believe that he is. Yes I know that WV split over slavery. That however is not necessarily a good indicator of a modern mind frame and what is happening in WV now. I came on here to see for myself rather than to go by all the hype that WV was full of racists which was how West Virginians were being portrayed on a lot of media outlets. That I think says something good about me not something bad. I didn't accept what was being said without question. That is one thing I never do. Accept anything ANYONE SAYS without question. I acceptJohn Edwards explanation because as long as I have followed politics and he has been a part of it I have never known him to lie. Once he does and I know it I will probably never believe him again. But until then I accept what he says. He did not say so but he may have done what he did so HRC would not take too much momentum out of WV. He had already warned her about hurting the party and she chose to continue on so he took the wind out of her sails. Seems hard but that's life sometimes in the political fast lane. It is hard to ask voters to do it but some state needs to send her the message that she needs to drop out because it is over and the singing has begun. If the voters won't do it then the superdelegates like him have to. They have hesitated so far but it is coming.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 8:41 am

Well Linda Redtail just for a little history I was/am a big Edwards supporter/fan.

Matter of fact I have taken a lot of heat here on the forum for being so.

Nevertheless I recognize he is a politician and therefore you need to scrutinize his statements closely.

(Just like remember Clinton's statement about the definition of "is"?)

I did not see the show you refer to but I think if you investigate you will find there were discussions with the Steelworkers about it more than 24 hrs prior to the announcement.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 am

ShermanGeneral I know he is a politician. I have always liked him. He just doesn't seem to connect enough with voters. I once thought that he and Evan Bayh both young and vital would make a good team for the White House. But the connection with the people is not there for some reason. Bayh has turned out to be very unemotional. Rarely even smiles. I will look up your reference.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 am

btw Linda redtail I make no claims as to divine revelation or inside info when I post stuff here ok.

Personal opinion and intuition play a big part.

We have a couple posters here who feel compelled to thoroughly research and document their opinions.

I myself believe forums like this are better vehicles for the exchange of opinions than facts.

If I wanted just unseasoned and bland facts I would just go read research papers.

Nevertheless I believe opinions are more credible when based on fact.

So that is the context in which I say what I said.

It is impossible to prove when a decision is "made".

One could argue that the plotting prior to the announcement was just contingency planning I suppose.

Just like the Bush backers can argue that the decision to invade Iraq was not "made" prior to the events of 9-11.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 9:35 am

ShermanGeneral that was very balanced. My question is did Obama know. Edwards says no it was a surprise. I am watching Meet the Press and they were supposed to discuss it but I haven't heard anything yet. I don't always agree with Tim Russert but he is on the money a lot of the time. He's got those instincts you were just talking about. It is an hour later here. Do you get Meet the Press on Sunday morning?
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 9:52 am

I dont usually watch it "live". (as if it is "live".)

I do usually see/hear it re-hashed.

I tend to believe that Edwards was being pushed rather than pulling others onto the Obama wagon.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 am

lindaredtail wrote:ShermanGeneral today at 8:02 am I was watching the Today Show (I believe it was) when John Edwards said on Friday that what you just said was not so. HE made the decision to endorse Obama less than 24 hours before he did so. He could be lying but I have no reason to believe that he is. Yes I know that WV split over slavery.

If that's what you know ........ then you don't know shidt from shineola. Razz Razz

Phoney is as phoney claims. cheers cheers

Western Virginia was "split off" from Virginia by Lincoln et el because of the Civil War.

DUH, lookety at a map and ask your "behavioral expert" why the State of WV has that funny looking shaped "eastern panhandle" a sticking out there pointing toward Washington, DC?

lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 10:04 am

Like I said Sam on the other post. You are a cyber harasser with a serious psychiatric problem. This discussion was with ShermanGeneral. You are so sick you don't even know it. What a sad pitiful shame.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 10:06 am

ShermanGeneral I never thought of Meet the Press as being live. I go on to MSNBC and comment sometimes in the Meet the Press area you can send him a message. I've never known any to be read live. Mine or other people's. So I am not sure when the show is taped.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 10:11 am

Pretty sure it is taped on Sat.

And edited for spin.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 am

Now Sherm that is an interesting point. Tells why nothing is ever read on the air. He doesn't respond either.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 am

Sherm,

If the Edwards endorsement was calculated and yada yada, why do you place all the blame on Obama. John-Boy played along under your scenario. I don't think Obama was sitting on that endorsement. I believe Edwards endorsing Obama would have helped him a little in WV. I'm thinking Barry thinks so too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 11:35 am

Of course Edwards' endorsement would have helped in wv.

And so would the steelworkers.

But the decision was made that since they would lose here anyway it would make them look weak and ineffective.

And this way they could steal Hillary's "day in the sun" so to speak.

I never said it was all Obama. It takes two to tango.

And you aint seen nothing yet.

If Hillary dont roll over now, it will really break loose hide and watch.

You will see a new version of this so-called new politics.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 11:42 am

I agree that it is soon to break loose. Right after Oregon on Tuesday. I don't think it will be Obama though or his people. It will be others. So far we've seen a trickle. I think people are trying to respect Hillary. Some have called for her to drop out but it hasn't gone from arm-twisting to arm-breaking as of yet. She has certainly put up a good fight though some of the tactics disturb me. If she is hurting the party how long do you let it go? I think until the convention is too long. The debate with McCain needs to begin.That's why on my other post I was saying maybe it would be good if the voters of a state pushed her out. Anyway you look at it it won't be easy. For some reason I do not think that she is going quietly. Dignity however can be a good thing.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Following up on your point about getting on to the battle against McCain.

The Obamites will quickly abandon this so-called new politics you can count on that.

This honorable man will be pummelled mercilessly by the heretofore genteel crowd wait and see.

He will be a demented old ogre before it's over.

I have already heard them ridiculing his arms and the way he walks.

(as a result of war wounds and being tortured for five years)

I doubt you will walk with pride and dignity on the march to the white house.

They compare him to a turtle, etc.

So please spare me the appeal to "dignity".

Hillary on the other hand would wage a hard hitting but issues driven campaign.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Well I hope Sherm that you aren't right on this one. I would not like to see McCain made fun of in that way. I think there are enough other thinks like the war in Iraq to debate without the other stuff. And I hope that they will stick to that.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next