WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best Empty Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best

Post by SamCogar Mon May 12, 2008 5:12 am

WASHINGTON - Families claiming that a mercury-based preservative in vaccines triggers autism will challenge mainstream medicine Monday as they take their case to a federal court.

They seek vindication and financial redress from a government fund that helps people injured by shots.

Two 10-year-old boys from Portland, Ore., will serve as the test cases that determine whether the children and their families should be compensated. Attorneys for the boys will attempt to show the boys were happy, healthy and developing normally. But, after being exposed to vaccines with thimerosal, they began to regress and show symptoms of autism.

Thimerosal has been removed in recent years from standard childhood vaccines, except the flu shot. In 2004, a committee with the Institute of Medicine concluded there was no credible evidence that vaccines containing thimerosal caused autism.

Thimerosal theory
Overall, nearly 4,900 families have filed claims with the U.S. Court of Claims alleging that vaccines caused autism and other neurological problems in their children. Lawyers for the families will present three different theories of how vaccines caused autism.

The case beginning Monday focuses on the second of those theories: that thimerosal-containing vaccines alone cause autism. Lawyers for the petitioning families said they will present evidence that injections with thimerosal deposit a form of mercury in the brain. That mercury excites certain brain cells that stay chronically activated trying to get rid of the intrusion.

“In some kids, there’s enough of it that it sets off this chronic neuroinflammatory pattern that can lead to regressive autism,” said attorney Mike Williams.

In the end, the families’ attorneys hope to convince a special master of the U.S. Court of Claims that thimerosal belongs on the list of causes for the inflammation that leads to regressive autism.

To win, the attorneys for the two boys, William Mead and Jordan King, will have to show that it's more likely than not that the vaccine actually caused the injury.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24566830/

Well now, ...... sumpin is da cause ........ and the Government autta pay.

lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best Empty Re: Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best

Post by Stephanie Mon May 12, 2008 3:01 pm

OMG they give infants so many vaccines now, and so many at once it is outrageous. I don't know why anyone would be surprised there are sometimes complications.

Sam, you may be remembering the vaccines from when your children were little, but the list has grown dramatically. There is a little more than 19 years between my eldest boy and the youngest. There are so many vaccines the schedule now calls for not just combined vaccines, but mulitple combined vaccines at mulitple visits. We refused this course.

While we conceded to the combined vaccines, and allowed him to receive nearly all of them, we flat out refused more than one injection a visit. Our pediatrician supported our decision, even our decision to withhold the chicken pox vaccine. That is more about the bottom line than saving lives. We really don't know what the long term results of that vaccine will be but I suspect it isn't going to be good. It doesn't last forever, and as most medical experts (and anyone who has experienced it) chicken pox is far worse for adults to cope with than children.

If the government wants to mandate vaccines then they should be required to pay for any negative outcomes of those vaccines.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best Empty Re: Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best

Post by TerryRC Wed May 14, 2008 6:05 am

Meh.

There may be too many vaccines but people that don't give their kids the basic ones put the whole population at risk.

While I wasn't around for the introduction of the Salk vaccines, I have seen, all too well, the after effects of diseases like polio.

Not immunizing your kids is tantamount to child abuse.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 14, 2008 6:27 am

In your opinion. Well call me a child abuser because Loyd is NOT getting the chicken pox vaccine.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed May 14, 2008 6:31 am

Kids don't die from chicken pox.

Also, my kids didn't have to have it for Kanawha Co. schools.

I'm talking about the killers and cripplers - polio, measles, diphtheria... you get the picture.

There are many people that aren't giving their kids ANY vaccines. I, for one, would like to see their parenting license revoked.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed May 14, 2008 6:34 am

You're so authoritarian.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed May 14, 2008 6:39 am

Promote the general welfare...

Had an uncle that was in a wheelchair from something that can now be prevented.

Putting your kids (and the kids of others) at that kind of risk? Why not just play Russian Roulette with them?

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 am

They're my kids...

My kids are all innoculated. I have a cousin who suffered from polio. I always thought you were a live-and-let-live libertarian.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 14, 2008 6:43 am

ohio county wrote:You're so authoritarian.

He really is. You know after the last vaccination Loyd received he had a terrible site reaction. His little leg swelled up like a watermelon. If that had been his first or second instead of his last, I'm not sure what we would have done.

Parents need to be able to make decisions for their children. If we're going to have Big Brother dictate everything from education to vaccinations why not just hand their young lives over to the government and be done with it? Parents who choose not to vaccinate have their reasons. While I may not necessarily agree with them, I respect their rights, their authority to make decisions for their families.

I won't get my daughter the new hpv vaccination either. Too many unkowns with that one for me just now. I don't like my children used as human lab rats.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed May 14, 2008 6:49 am

I have a 22 year old daughter and a 16 year old. I've been vacillating on whether or not to insist they go for the hpv vaccine. Their doctors have not been pushing it. Consequently, neither have I. If they behave like I've raised them they should be fine, no?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 14, 2008 6:53 am

ohio county wrote:I have a 22 year old daughter and a 16 year old. I've been vacillating on whether or not to insist they go for the hpv vaccine. Their doctors have not been pushing it. Consequently, neither have I. If they behave like I've raised them they should be fine, no?

This truly is a difficult decision. It was so easy for me to decline varicella vaccine, this is another story. Our girls could have one sex partner in their entire lives and still pick this up from that one partner. Still, my daughter doesn't have enough time to sleep right now, much less have a boyfriend. We're waiting.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed May 14, 2008 7:04 am

They're my kids...

Except people that think like that put others at risk.

I am a little "l" libertarian.

Should someone with TB work at Burger King?

Remember Typhoid Mary?

By your argument, the fed wouldn't have the right to establish quarantines to contain diseases, either. Damn fascists.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 am

Burger King is going to give them a tine test as a condition of their employment. No, someone with TB should not have the right to work at Burger King and, similarly, ... Hmmm. Why would the federal government establish quarantines? I'd feel better about the state instituting quarantines.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed May 14, 2008 7:19 am

Hmmm. Why would the federal government establish quarantines? I'd feel better about the state instituting quarantines.

Interstate ramifications.

With an airport in every county, it immediately becomes a federal problem.

If you (and I don't mean you, personally) don't want to vaccinate your kids, fine. Just keep them at home, please.

Why sure nuff its the cause, parents always know best 180px-Polio_sequelle

Criminal, I say.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am

TerryRC wrote:They're my kids...

Except people that think like that put others at risk.

I am a little "l" libertarian.

Should someone with TB work at Burger King?

Remember Typhoid Mary?

By your argument, the fed wouldn't have the right to establish quarantines to contain diseases, either. Damn fascists.

Queers with HIV or AIDS work wherever they want to, ...... even encouraged to do so.

Even in Schools with LD students that are always falling n' fighting and a blood a flying from open wounds.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Polio has nearly been eradicated from the face of the Earth. How long has it been since there was a documented case of polio in this country? How about on this continent? What about in this hemisphere?

Now most states require vaccination for chicken pox. Good grief. The governor of the state of Texas with the stroke of a pen has required prepubescent girls be innoculated with brand new vaccine with a limited efficacy for an std.

They have gone too far, Terry. That's what you're missing. Now I talked things over with my eldest child's pediatrician many years ago and decided the benefits of the vaccines required at that time were worth the associated risks. I know I don't feel that way about the varicella or Gardisil vaccines. If they hadn't switched from the live virus vs of the polio vaccine my son wouldn't have received that either. That is my decision to make, not Uncle Sam's.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 5:34 am

If you didn't give your kids the polio virus, live or dead, you would have been making a grave error.

Polio is making a resurgence in Africa. With the level of international travel we have and the fact that many people are refusing to vaccinate their kids, the stage is set for endemic cases in this country again.

As far as chicken pox goes, I recommend it. Not getting it puts you at risk of developing shingles in later life. My uncle was and still is plagued by this condition.

Your decision but your kids may pay the price.

Vaccinations only work if everyone participates.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 5:39 am

My mistake, polio isn't just making a resurgence in Africa, it has turned up in Indonesia, India and more cases are turning up in the Middle East, carried by hajj pilgrims.

Many muslims refuse to get the vaccine - they think it a western plot to sterilize muslim males.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu May 15, 2008 6:57 am

Isn't it?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 6:59 am

Many muslims refuse to get the vaccine - they think it a western plot to sterilize muslim males.

Christian Scientists also, refuse it, of course.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 7:00 am

Isn't it?

I had the live vaccine and I have two kids. Unless the vaccine is VERY specific...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 am

Some more information on why the HPV vaccine may not be such a bad idea:

Discovery of HPV in male oral cancers leads to vaccination call

If they had gardisil for boys, I'd take it (well, if I'm ever single again...).

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 7:12 am

My mistake, they do have one.

BOTH my kids will be getting this.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu May 15, 2008 12:16 pm

TerryRC wrote:My mistake, they do have one.

That's a decision for you and your wife, not for the government. The decision whether or not my children receive this vaccine is for my husband and I to make, not the government and not some bureaucrat.

My children may get that vaccine. With my daughter that will probably ultimately be her decision. In a little more than 10 months she will be an adult. With my son being only 6 years old, we have the luxury of taking a wait and see attitude, which is precisely of what we are going to do.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Stephanie wrote:
TerryRC wrote:My mistake, they do have one.

That's a decision for you and your wife, not for the government. The decision whether or not my children receive this vaccine is for my husband and I to make, not the government and not some bureaucrat.

Stephanie, do you believe that the government should never be allowed to require immunizations against certain diseases? You have not said that flat out. And so that's why I am asking.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next