WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edwards endorses...

+3
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Stephanie
Aaron
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Edwards endorses... - Page 2 Empty Re: Edwards endorses...

Post by ohio county Thu May 15, 2008 3:07 pm

How so? As much as he helped Kerry in 2004? He failed to win North Carolina, South Carolina, or any other southern state. He polled a slim 7% for the short time he was a candidate.

Governor Sibelius' Archbishop recently opined that her veto of several abortion-related bills rendered her unfit to receive Holy Communion. I cannot imagine Kansas is on the Democrats' must have list. She may be a distant cousin of mine as she is the daughter of former Ohio Governor John Gilligan.

Webb might actually balance the ticket.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu May 15, 2008 3:37 pm

lindaredtail wrote:He would help Obama as VP. But he doesn't want it. The short list is Strickland, Bayh, Randell( please the Hillary people) Sebelius and Webb. My money's on Webb.

Please Linda, lay off the white zemph of zin's or whatever it is you're drinking.

How is he going to help Obama when he got less then 10% of the vote and no one paid him any attention. Even the news pundits questioned him coming out for Obama when he did. The man is simply not relevant. The sooner he and the .008% that actually support him get that thru your brains and send his irrelevant pathetic butt back to NC, the better off America AND American politics will be.

Last edited by Aaron on Thu May 15, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Thu May 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Ohio County I agree that Webb is the better choice overall. That Catholic dispute is heating up and what people will do I do not know.I do think that Edwards could help him with union voters though. There is another son of the south but he doesn't have the experience. Mark Pryor. Very charismatic. He needs experience on the ticket though. What I like about Webb is that he neutralizes John McCain's military experience. He has quite a good resume in that area.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Thu May 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Aaron. Edwards is a safer candidate than Hillary on the ticket. She would bring every Republican out to vote against her in the middle of a hurricane. 10% in this election could be the margin of victory. He will draw some votes. His personality is not as powerful as Clinton and Obama. This was their year. It is as though everything came together to create an epic primary battle. Add Bill Clinton to the mix. All the others should have dropped out after the first primary.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu May 15, 2008 3:49 pm

You don't seem to grasp that union members do not vote as the leadership tells them to. We're that the case, Edwards would have polled higher then 7%.

I honestly don't think the democratic leadership represents the blue collar worker any longer and one of the few democrats that has figured that out is BO.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu May 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Who is touting Hillary, besides Hillary supporters?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Thu May 15, 2008 4:09 pm

I don't really consider Edwards as a big insider though. To a certain extent but now he has his poverty foundation and I think he wanted to have a part in saying who the nominee would be more than anything. I belonged to a union years ago. (AFSCME) a part of the Teamsters. Unions don't have the power they used to. But if Edwards help could bring BO one state (MI) that could be the decider. BO does have it figured out. You are right about that.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Thu May 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Or as Tim Russert loves to say Fla...Fla... Fla... Ohio...Ohio...Ohio under the right circumstances it could be Michigan...Michigan...Michigan
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu May 15, 2008 5:13 pm

SheikBen wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
SheikBen wrote:What were the people of NC smoking when they elected him to the Senate? Is John Edwards what happens when the voters drink too much Zima and White Zinfandel?

White Zin is the only wine I drink, and I have never voted for, or supported in any way, John Edwards. Zima I have never even tasted. Must be the Zima.

I am shocked and appalled!

At least tell me the white zin you drink comes from a box.

That depends upon how drunk I wanna get. Razz
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2