WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran and U.S. Elections

+4
Aaron
ohio county
SheikBen
shermangeneral
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will the republicans attack Iran before U.S. Elections?

Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Empty Re: Iran and U.S. Elections

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:59 pm

You have brown eyes Frank, don't you. You have to because you are so full of shit it isn't even funny.

Two of the founding members of PNAC had to be confirmed by the Senate to fulfill Bush appointments.

Yet you say he hid his agenda.

Either he's really good or Congress is really stupid, don't you think!!!

As for agenda's Frank, the only one of us here who has one is you. But then so did Clement Vallandigham. People like you will say anything, twist any issue or tell any lie to promote your agenda.

Sorry Frank, but you've got less credibility then Sadaam Hussein, at least that's the way I see it!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:02 pm

Well I'm beyond frustrated.

Verizon has been working on one of these hub thingies perhaps 200 yards or so down the road from me. This has been going on since MARCH! Good grief they are slow. They dug a foundation and poured the concrete and some wood railing around it. The cables are visible poking out from these metal pipes coming out of the bottom of the concrete. DSL is coming, but when is anybody's guess.

I will ditch this dial-up and my satellite provider because I hate them too. I despise Direct TV and have been seriously considering ditching them before Verizon is finished and can provide me with whatever that tv service is they now offer.

Having an ISP is now essential and I simply can't do without it. Kate uses it for the AP classes she is enrolled in for next year now because the teachers are sending her stuff via email for summer work. She also has been searching for and applying for college scholarships with, unfortunately, great irregularity.

I use tons of online resources for Loyd in homeschooling, plus my homeschool group, it's great for communicating with the other Ron Paulites, and then there is this forum.

So I'm stuck for right now. But I'm really not pleased at all.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Have you looked into a satelite internet hook up Stephanie. I know they're available. I don't know what they run and they can be affected by the weather but they are available.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Either he's really good or Congress is really stupid, don't you think!!!

Yes.

I think that both are viable explanations- that Bush is good at hiding his real aganda, and that Congress can be really stupid.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm

I think you're giving Bush a lot more credit then he deserves. Congress, no but most definately Bush.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Yes, we did a long time ago. At that time it was a big initial investment. I want to say $600 or more. The monthly fee was pretty high too. We know DSL is coming here now and it can't be too far off in the distance.

It's very frustrating because they are up here CONSTANTLY and they seem to accomplish NOTHING. So we're waiting, impatiently.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:49 am

Stephanie wrote:Well sure. It is impossible to prove with 100% of certainty. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't be reasonably sure.

The fact that you can't prove a nation doesn't have WMD is hardly a reason to invade it.

Stephanie, I believe the ATF and/or local Law Enforcement will disagree with that premise ....... and the Courts will back them up.

The ATF and/or local Law Enforcement can't prove a dwelling doesn't have a Meth Lab or drug stash on the "target property" ...... and that gives them "Legal reason" to invade said to search for the evidence of said Meth Lab or drug stash.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:11 am

Aaron wrote:Have you looked into a satelite internet hook up Stephanie. I know they're available. I don't know what they run and they can be affected by the weather but they are available.

Steph, I have Dish Network for TV and am quite happy with it. Only during severe thunderstorms do I lose reception for short periods, say 10 to 15 minutes.

And they offer satellite internet service. Click below to read Ad.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/internet_access/high_speed/satellite_internet/index.shtml

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Sam,

ATF & law enforcement agencies need just cause to bust in a search a home for a meth lab etc. When they do conduct these searches, they typically aren't rolling in tanks and dropping bombs.

Today I have a 12.0 kbps connection. I have seen no signs of life down there at that site Verizon has been working on today.......

Direct TV, seriously sometimes we lose signal if it's overcast. I'm not kidding. Sometimes it can rain at it will be ok, othertimes a raindrop falls (I wish I were kidding) and we lose picture on all but local channels, which I don't understand. We're getting them all by satellite, so why the distinction?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Stephanie wrote:Sam,

ATF & law enforcement agencies need just cause to bust in a search a home for a meth lab etc. When they do conduct these searches, they typically aren't rolling in tanks and dropping bombs.

Today I have a 12.0 kbps connection. I have seen no signs of life down there at that site Verizon has been working on today.......

Direct TV, seriously sometimes we lose signal if it's overcast. I'm not kidding. Sometimes it can rain at it will be ok, othertimes a raindrop falls (I wish I were kidding) and we lose picture on all but local channels, which I don't understand. We're getting them all by satellite, so why the distinction?

If it is that bad my 1st guess is .... the dish (antennae) or the signal head at the dish is not firmly attached. geek geek geek

Call Direct TV's 800# for technical service and the Tech will "walk you through" some diagnostics to see what the problem is.

Tell them you are no longer going to pay for such lousy reception, you will switch to Dish Network if they don't fix it .... and for free.

HA, and if you switch to Dish ..... make sure you claim I was the one that got you to subscribe ...... and I get $50 off my bill. Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 197570 Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Well I hate to be the evil intruder again but we are drifting a little off topic.

(Iran, elections in U.S.)

So at the risk of having OC come down on me again I would ask if anyone has been following CNN news today?

Or Seymour Hersch and the New Yorker (Not exactly a red rag).

Or the rightwing hero Bolton's remarks...

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/05/07/bolton-again-on-iran/

Comments, Randall?

Am I still crazy? Wink

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Randall Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Bolton is engaging in a little wishful thinking, Sherm. The U.S. is not going to bomb Iran. Although I do admit Israel is a wild card.

And Seymour Hersh often confuses Pentagon planning for intent. The military has plans for every contigency imaginable, but that doesn't mean those plans will ever be implemented.
Randall
Randall

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Planning, .... for any and all things non-political, .....is a remote foreign idea to most West Virginians.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 pm

Well Randall I posted links to information to justify my concern.

Do have anything of substance to justify your out-of-hand denial?

Or is it just your considered opinion?

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:47 pm

If there are camps where Shiite fundalmentalist are being training and then going out and attacking American soldiers, then American should respond to Iranian actions that have led to attacks on Americans and those camps SHOULD be bombed Sherm.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:39 am

Well what do you think about the Indonesian situation?

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

Are they providing training and/or weapons that is being used against American soldiers?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 am

Well this is probably a more likely scenario...

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330937574&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

That should really make our troops welcome on the streets of Baghdad right Aaron?

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 am

You can take this as gospel Sherm. I'll wait on a little more reliable source.

Israel Air Force (IAF) war planes are practicing in Iraqi airspace and land on US airbases in the country as a preparation for a potential strike on Iran, sources in the Iraqi Defense Ministry told a local news network on Friday.

The report, carried also by Iranian news outlets, claimed that recently massive nocturnal activity by IAF craft was noted in several American held airbases, including measures by the US army to increase security around the bases.

The Jerusalem Post could not confirm the veracity of the report.

According to the sources, former military officers in the Anbar province said IAF jets arrive during the night from Jordanian airspace, enter Iraq's airspace and land on a runway near the city of Hadita. The sources estimated the jets were practicing for a raid on Iran's nuclear sites.

The sources also said the American bases in Iraq might serve as a platform for the IAF from which to attack Iran. If Israeli warplanes will take off from Iraq, they can reach Bushehr in five minutes - a "record time," the sources said.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:52 am

And personally I think this is a more likey reason for the story you posted Sherm. There is warfare other then on the battlefield and I think our enemies are perfecting this type, just as they did roadside bombs.

The REAL reason behind the Iranian source of your story.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:03 am

Just out of curiousity Sherm (or anyone else), should America defend this waterway?

Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 Strait%20of%20Hormuz
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Just out of curiosity, should the neocons strut and threat and dare someone to shut it down?

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:04 pm

And you can provide the link where neo cons are doing that?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:06 pm

http://dissentmag.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/a-barrage-of-us-threats-against-iran/

Yes I can post sources.

But rather than post any source refuting that, I suspect you will follow your pattern and just attack the source.

I must say I expected better than that from Randall, but so far even he has cited no sources.

Just joined Sam and Aaron citing their own opinion with no source with any credentials.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:10 am

shermangeneral wrote:http://dissentmag.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/a-barrage-of-us-threats-against-iran/

Yes I can post sources.

But rather than post any source refuting that, I suspect you will follow your pattern and just attack the source.

I must say I expected better than that from Randall, but so far even he has cited no sources.

Just joined Sam and Aaron citing their own opinion with no source with any credentials.

Uh correction there Sherm, ........ no source that you will agree with if it is contrary to your bias.

Sherman, your's is the "mindset" one acquires after many years of saying .... "Yes Sir, ... what color Sir" ........ to your superiors.

And you don't consider any of us your equal on any subject, ...... let alone your superior.

Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 49761 Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 49761 Iran and U.S. Elections - Page 3 49761

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next