WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible?

+5
Fletch
Stephanie
Aaron
ziggy
SamCogar
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? Empty Why do people believe in the God of the Bible?

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Well “DUH”, for the same reason they believe/believed in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. They were taught (nurtured) to believe in all four (4) of them.

But the interesting facts are the methods and sequence that parents or guardians teach children to believe in these mythical characters.

In the majority of all cases very young children are first nurtured to begin believing in Santa Claus via all the Christmas decorations, candy, cookies and presents. And they force this belief in a Santa Clause by instilling fear within them that Santa will not bring them any Christmas presents unless they are good little boys and girls. At the same time the parents start teaching the children an association between Christmas, the Christmas holidays and the Bible ….. but they do not use this Biblical teaching as a fear tactic associated with the Christmas presents, candy, etc.

And the afore said belief in Santa is reinforced when the parents start teaching them about the Easter Bunny. Reinforcing their belief in mythical beings because of the rewards of an Easter Basket, candy and pretty colored eggs. And along with said Easter Bunny and the presents, the parents increase the teaching of an association between said Bunny and the Biblical reason for observing the Easter holidays.

And likewise with the Tooth Fairy, Children are taught if they believe in that mythical being they will be rewarded with money or a present.

Thus they learn at an early age that a belief in a mythical being pretty much guarantees rewards of some kind. And as they mature through their juvenile years believing in those three mythical beings, their nurturing to believe in the mythical God of the Bible and their rewards for doing so is reinforced by daily teaching by their parent.

And it is during their late juvenile period that the parents and guardians start reversing their nurturing tactics. First they tell the children there really is no Easter Bunny so don’t believe in it anymore …… but there really is a God so keep believing in Him and you will get your just rewards.

Next they tell the children there really is no Tooth Fairy so don’t believe in it anymore …… but there really is a God so keep believing in Him and you will get your just rewards.

Next they tell the children there really is no Santa Claus so don’t believe in it anymore …… but there really is a God so keep believing in Him and you will get your just rewards.

And as those children mature into their adolescence years ……. that is exactly what they believe and no one can convince them otherwise. Only they themselves can change that belief but they will retain memories of it for the rest of their lives. And as they near their “end times” that old belief in “just rewards” becomes so over powering that they will “not take a chance” on dying unrewarded with the promises that they were first taught to believe.

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 197570 Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 197570 Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 197570 Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? Empty Re: Why do people believe in the God of the Bible?

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:05 pm

To avoid needing to think about what they "believe".
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? Empty Re: Why do people believe in the God of the Bible?

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Why is it that you two feel the need to ridicule those who do believe?

Seems to me that people like you who feel you have to constantly berate someone else's belief system should do a little inner soul searching of your own and not spend so much time condemning others.

Perhaps if you had something, anything to believe in, you wouldn't be as unhappy as you appear to be and have to pass judgment on others and their beliefs.

Just a thought.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Perhaps if you had something, anything to believe in, ...............................

So then believing in "something, anything" is better than figuring things things out on our own as best we can?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Everybody believes in something Ziggy, even you.

You didn't answer the question. Why do you constantly feel the need to berate and condemn others beliefs?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Aaron wrote:Everybody believes in something Ziggy, even you.

Yes, I do believe in a natural God- but not in the supernatural hocus-pocus trappings of church doctrines.

You didn't answer the question. Why do you constantly feel the need to berate and condemn others beliefs?

Because others- especially the evangelicals, pentecostals and other supernaturalists- feel the need to and do condemn naturalistic spiritual beliefs. If they can dish out religious condemnations, they should expect to recieve such condemnations in return.

Too, just as with politics, I try to promote good thinking over blind allegiance to inflexible doctrines and dogmas.

Last edited by ziggy on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 pm

I believe that people believe what they want to believe, at least for the most part. Smile
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:42 pm

So you condeme, berate and belittle others beliefs because they do it to you.

That's pretty lame Ziggy.

Why not "Do unto others as they do unto you?"
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Aaron wrote:Why not "Do unto others as they do unto you?"

Like I told you, that is what I do- they do unto me, and I do unto them back. If that's "lame", then well, whatever.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:46 pm

My mistake.

Do unto other as you would HAVE them do unto you.

Your way shows how petty you are.

I was also mistaken in calling it lame.

It's just sad.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 pm

If they don't want to be slapped back, then they shouldn't slap others first.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 pm

ziggy wrote:

To avoid needing to think about what they "believe".

So who slapped you here?

No one that I can see.

What I see is a miserably old man who will take any shot he can get at Christianity and yes, it is sad.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 pm

SamCogar asked a question. I offered an answer.

Then you asked a question, and I offered an answer to that.

If you don't like my answers, then post your own answers.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 am

And your answer, as it always is regarding Christianity, was derogatory.

Sad
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:47 am

Aaron wrote:Why is it that you two feel the need to ridicule those who do believe?

Seems to me that people like you who feel you have to constantly berate someone else's belief system should do a little inner soul searching of your own and not spend so much time condemning others.

Aaron, ..... ridicule, ..... berate? affraid affraid ...... Now just where in my post did I do such a dastardly, devious thing?

I berated or ridiculed no one, ..... nor their beliefs.

I simply voiced my learned opinion as to how a "belief" in the God of the Bible is nurtured in their children by parents and/or guardians.

And said nurturing of a religious "belief" is not that much different that the nurturing of a political Party "belief" that is effected by most parents or guardians ...... except the "promised rewards" are different.

My learned opinion which I believe is quite accurate.

Aaron, did not you and/or you wife teach your sons about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, God and/or the Tooth Fairy in the manner which I described in my post?

Didn't your parent(s) and/or guardians teach you about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, God and/or the Tooth Fairy in the manner which I described in my post?

Aaron, if not, then please tell me when you first decided to believe in the God of the Bible ......... and why you decided to believe in said?

Surely, something that important in your life, .... I would think that you would remember when you did it and why you did it.

Aaron, do you remember that song that children are taught to sing at Sundy School?

"Jesus loves me this I know, ........ because the Bible tells me so."

cheers

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:15 pm

I still sing the song Sammy but not for the reason you might think. And I agree, we are what we're nurtured to be. For some, it's a positive thing. Other then my parents religious beliefs, they taught me to be a critical, open minded thinker.

I could get into a long winded debate but I would first have to admit the mistake I made in lumping you in the same catagory as Ziggy. I was wrong. You are correct in that you posted your observations and no, you do not respond to each and every religious post in a demeaning manner.

I apologize.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:50 pm

No problem. Ziggy's posts are usually always meant to ..... "turn one's crank the wrong way".

Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 249131 Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 249131 Why do people believe in the God of the Bible? 249131

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:03 pm

For the record, it isn't only the anti-Christians that bother me, it's anyone who doesn't abide by the golden rule regardless of religious affiliation?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Aaron wrote:For the record, it isn't only the anti-Christians that bother me, ....................................................

Who are you to decide what is "Christian" and "anti-Christian"?

"........................................ it's anyone who doesn't abide by the golden rule regardless of religious affiliation"

Physician, heal thyself first.

You had it right the first tine:

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:27 pm

ziggy wrote:

Aaron is who I am. And I understand that by their words, you shall know them. You're as anti-religious a person as I know Ziggy.

ziggy wrote:Physician, heal thyself first.

Other then a my blood sugar spiking a little, there's nothing wrong with me.

ziggy wrote:You had it right the first tine:

That's what makes you a miserably old man.

I honestly feel sorry for you Franlk.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Aaron wrote:And your answer, as it always is regarding Christianity, was derogatory.

Sad.

And Pentecostalists and other evangelical "Christrians" often are "derogatory" toward free-thinking skeptics of the various church doctrines.

Is that not at least equally "sad"?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Aaron is who I am. And I understand that by their words, you shall know them. You're as anti-religious a person as I know Ziggy.

If by "religion" you mean supernatural hocus-pocus, then you are absolutely correct.

ziggy wrote:You had it right the first tine:

That's what makes you a miserably old man.

I honestly feel sorry for you Franlk

As my father told someone who had said, "I'll pray for you", if it helps you feel better to "feel sorry" for me, then that's OK. That's all just within you.

My God and I are doing quite OK, that you very much.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:43 pm

ziggy wrote:Aaron is who I am. And I understand that by their words, you shall know them. You're as anti-religious a person as I know Ziggy.

If by "religion" you mean supernatural hocus-pocus, then you are absolutely correct. [/quote]

No, I mean in everything. That's what makes you a miserable old man.

And I've found that when someone is so miserable for so long, they don't know any other way.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:And your answer, as it always is regarding Christianity, was derogatory.

Sad.

And Pentecostalists and other evangelical "Christrians" often are "derogatory" toward free-thinking skeptics of the various church doctrines.

Yes it is. But there's a difference between free thinking and bad mouthing.

It might do you some good to learn the difference.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Sad.

Yes it is. But there's a difference between free thinking and bad mouthing.

It might do you some good to learn the difference.

When self-righteous evangelicals tell us that thoughts and beliefs that are contrary to some religious doctrine or other are misguided and will doom us to self-destruction, that is "bad mouthing". And when they do that, I will respond in kind, and maybe then some- with little regard that it might offend their petty gods.

I notice that you haven't ventured to offer an answer of your own to the question that Sam started this thread with.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next