WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama pissed...

2 posters

Go down

Obama pissed... Empty Obama pissed...

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Does that mean we should all cower in fear???

It's amazing but I really think he honestly thought Republicans would roll over and play dead for him and democrats because he won the election.

I think he as well as other democrats forget that every Congressional Republican won their last election as well and as such, were elected to do a job and they're going to do it.

I will say that if it's available, watch the video of his speech. The impression I get is that he doesn't take kindly to being told no and believes he can intimidate Republicans into voting for his bill.

This will definately be a very interesting 4 years.

At Dem retreat, a partisan love fest
Glenn Thrush, Patrick O'Connor Glenn Thrush, Patrick O'connor
Thu Feb 5, 9:41 pm ET

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. — A fired-up Barack Obama ditched his TelePrompter to rally House Democrats and rip Republican opponents of his recovery package Thursday night – at one point openly mocking the GOP for failing to follow through on promises of bipartisanship.

In what was the most pointedly partisan speech of his young presidency, Obama rejected Republican arguments that massive spending in the $819 billion stimulus bill that passed the House should be replaced by a new round of massive tax cuts.

“I welcome this debate, but we are not going to get relief by turning back to the same policies that for the last eight years doubled the national debt and threw our economy into a tailspin,” said President Obama – sounding more like Candidate Obama than at any time since he took the oath of office less than a month ago.

Obama, speaking to about 200 House Democrats at their annual retreat at the Kingsmill Resort and Spa, dismissed Republican attacks against the massive spending in the stimulus.

"What do you think a stimulus is?" Obama asked incredulously. "It’s spending — that's the whole point! Seriously.”

Stabbing hard at Republicans who once aligned themselves with his predecessor, Obama made it clear that the problems he seeks to address with his recovery plan weren’t ones of his making.

“When you start hearing arguments, on the cable chatter, just understand a couple of things,” he said. “No. 1, when they say, ‘Well, why are we spending $800 billion [when] we’ve got this huge deficit?’ – first of all, I found this deficit when I showed up, No. 1.

“I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.”

After his remarks, Obama, clearly caught up in the moment, made the party get-together feel even more like a campaign rally with his signature call-and-response chant.

“Fired up?” he asked the Democratic lawmakers. “Ready to go!” a group of them shouted back.

In his speech, Obama went on to contrast the kind words of House and Senate Republican leaders with their increasingly strident opposition to the stimulus package.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Obama pissed... Empty Re: Obama pissed...

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 pm

"“I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.”

Well Aaron that is exactly what I was referring to on the other thread when I said he should make them famous if they keep obstructing his proposals.

The American people know he inherited this godawful mess from the republicans.

I suspect they wont take kindly to political bickering from the Party they see as the culprit.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 pm

You can think that Sodbuster.

You'd be wrong but you can think that.

OC showed you what Americans response to this bill is and it's not the obstructionist/Republicans they're calling the white house and congressional offices over. It's more wastful spending and opposition to this bill that they are upset over, just as 80% were when democrats forced TARP through and imposed that wastful spending on America.

You guys don't get it and part of the reason is you didn't suffer too much for your wasteful spending decisions in the past election but 2010 is only a year away and voters won't forget the TARP spending bill nor will they forget whatever version of wastful spending democrats impose on America.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Well you mean they think TARP is a democrat deal.?

I dont think so.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't care what you think.

A majority of democrats in the house and senate voted for TARP after house Republicans killed the first vote.

It's a democratic bill, plain and simple.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:41 pm

OK.

We are dealing with hypothetical anyway.

Maybe the Republicans will wise up and start being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

We will soon see.

Obama has certainly tried to let them get on board.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Obama is not writing the bill Sodbuster. Partisan democrats in Congress are and they've loaded this bill with 50 years of the most partisan spending garbage imaginable and now they expect Republicans to "get on board" because they won the election.

That's pure poppy cock. When democrats are willing to pear the bill down to actual stimulus style spending with no pork and reasonable tax cuts, they'll get a bi partisan bill. Until then, they'll get resistance and like as more then they got when DEMOCRATS were shoving TARP through the Senate.

But if they do pass this monstrosity as it is, mark my word, they'll pay for it come next year.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down