WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite truck serves as burial plot

2 posters

Go down

Favorite truck serves as burial plot Empty Favorite truck serves as burial plot

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Favorite truck serves as burial plot for WVa man
March 13, 2009 @ 10:32 AM

By RY RIVARD / Charleston Daily Mail

Herald-Dispatch.com

CHARLESTON — In a burial plot that is 19 feet long and nine feet wide, Albert Dancy Jr. lies in a casket in a vault in his 1967 Chevy pickup.

Wearing Realtree camouflage, Dancy, 50, went on to the next life accompanied by a couple of other favorite things: his Old Timer pocketknife and Remington .243-caliber deer rifle.

Dancy said he wanted to be buried with his jaguar green truck, which he'd owned for as long as his 24-year-old son Adam can remember.

"He said it always joking around, but he said it for so many years it was pretty much serious to me," said Adam, who lives in Dille in Clay County. "I always took him seriously. It was the last thing I could do for him."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x2009455048/Favorite-truck-serves-as-burial-plot-for-WVa-man
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Favorite truck serves as burial plot Empty Re: Favorite truck serves as burial plot

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm

I saw the picture. What a waste of a beautiful truck. Instead of covering it up with dirt, I would have wanted my son to drive it himself and pass it on to his child.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down