WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen.

2 posters

Go down

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. Empty Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen.

Post by SamCogar Thu May 28, 2009 7:29 am

Cat in China grows a pair of wings

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a … cat?

A kitty in Chongqing, China, is getting some extra-special attention these days: The furry feline has developed wings! Though born looking completely normal, once the cat hit the age of 1, he began growing wing-shaped appendages on either side of his spine, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reports.

While some think the bony limbs may be a mutation of some kind — or even a Siamese twin growing inside the cat — others speculate it's a genetic change perhaps caused by chemicals ingested by the kitty's mother while she was pregnant.

Strange as the case may sound, winged felines are not unheard of. Back in August 2008, the U.K. Telegraph reported that tomcats in China's Sichuan province developed wing-like growths on their backs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30967440/

The Creationists have been wanting to see some specie sprout wings that never had them before ....... so now I guess they will be wanting to see it fly ...... before they admit that evolution is a real thingy.

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. 49761 Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. 49761 Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. 49761 Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. Empty Re: Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen.

Post by Keli Thu May 28, 2009 8:37 am

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. Cat_wings.widec

Obviously, a flying cat can catch more birds.

This reminds me of the science books that I had as a young public school student. Do you remember the one where there is a fish in the water observing a butterfly? The next panel shows the fish developing front legs. The next panel: rear legs. The next panel shows the fish has evolved to a salamander or lizard-like creature which moves out of the water and tongue zaps the butterfly. My question is: Why didn't the butterfly just fly away?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen. Empty Re: Just what the Creationists have been waiting to see happen.

Post by SamCogar Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 am

That reminds me of that big ole Red Squirrel I once seen feeding along the Little Kanawha River bank down here on the back of my property. There was a log there that stuck out into the water about 6 feet and there was a big ole hickory nut lying on the end of it which I figured had floated up on the end of it or fallen there from a close by tree.

Well now that squirrel spotted that nut and “zoom”, out on that log he went and got it, sat down and started gnawing on it …… when all of a sudden “KER-PLASH”, up out of the water came a big Muskie and chomp, ……. he ate that squirrel.

Now that really amazed me because I had never heard of such, let alone seen it happen. And while I was sitting there pondering what I had seen, ….. the water rustled at the end of that log …….. and up came that Muskie again and placed another hickory nut on the end of it.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 pm

SamCogar wrote:That reminds me of that big ole Red Squirrel I once seen feeding along the Little Kanawha River bank down here on the back of my property. There was a log there that stuck out into the water about 6 feet and there was a big ole hickory nut lying on the end of it which I figured had floated up on the end of it or fallen there from a close by tree.

Well now that squirrel spotted that nut and “zoom”, out on that log he went and got it, sat down and started gnawing on it …… when all of a sudden “KER-PLASH”, up out of the water came a big Muskie and chomp, ……. he ate that squirrel.

Now that really amazed me because I had never heard of such, let alone seen it happen. And while I was sitting there pondering what I had seen, ….. the water rustled at the end of that log …….. and up came that Muskie again and placed another hickory nut on the end of it.

Nuts! (Sam, do you know how to catch a polar bear? You dig a deep hole in the snow. You put ashes in the bottom of the hole. Then you put peas all around the hole. When a polar bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ash hole.)
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Thu May 28, 2009 6:36 pm

SamCogar wrote:That reminds me of that big ole Red Squirrel I once seen feeding along the Little Kanawha River bank down here on the back of my property. There was a log there that stuck out into the water about 6 feet and there was a big ole hickory nut lying on the end of it which I figured had floated up on the end of it or fallen there from a close by tree.

My question is: Why didn't the nut grow wings and fly away?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri May 29, 2009 3:12 am

Well DUH, ............ it was waterlogged.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down