WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift?

+2
Andrea Cristobal
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
6 posters

Go down

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? Empty SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift?

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:09 am

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift?
http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/hey-harry-where-is-nevadas-gift-80104262.html

I'm very disappointed.

It's Christmas morning and I can't find one single gift to Nevada from Sen. Harry Reid under the health-care "reform" tree.

Louisiana got a nice package. Florida and Connecticut, too. And Nebraska scored a really big present.

Just three days ago Uncle Harry said that if a senator didn't get his state "something" in the health-care "reform" package, then that senator wasn't doing his or her job.

And yesterday Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., upped the ante. He said that every state did "get something" in the measure.

OK. I'm excited. What's Nevada's gift? Uncle Harry, as everyone knows, is the Big Kahuna of the Senate. He "brings home the bacon," his TV commercials claim. So if Nebraska got dispensation from Medicaid increases forever, one can only imagine the magnitude of Nevada's present.

HEY SILENT BOB AND JAY--WHAT DID YOU GET FOR WEST VIRGINIA???
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? Empty Re: SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift?

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:14 am

I think that rancor is the biggest 'gift' that has come out of this and both sides are guilty of it. I think the correct saying is "A pox on both of their houses."
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? Empty Re: SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift?

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:15 am

Andrea Cristobal wrote:I think that rancor is the biggest 'gift' that has come out of this and both sides are guilty of it. I think the correct saying is "A pox on both of their houses."

Not a Republican voted for this monstrosity--the Demwits own it!
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:04 am

Only a true partisan hack would place even the slightest blame of this tripe on Republicans. Next she'll be telling the liberla LIE that Republicans proposed no alternatives.

DA.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Andrea Cristobal wrote:I think that ...... both sides are guilty of it. I think the correct saying is "A pox on both of their houses."

Un frigging believable that anyone could be so adamantly partisan that they would stand in front of God and everyone and make excuses solely for the purpose of CTA’ses of the Leaders of their chosen Political Party for doing something that will cause dreadful harm and troubles for the entire populace.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh please. No not one Republican voted for the bill that passed. But they certainly were not helpful in the process. Not in any way, shape or form. What exactly did the Republicans propose? They were adamantly opposed to a public option. They were a large part in defeating the measure to allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada. (Vote was 51-48) Even Stephanie proposed that as a good option. I would be interested in the answer.

Last edited by Andrea Cristobal on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Andrea Cristobal wrote:Oh please. No not one Republican voted for the bill that passed. But they certainly were not helpful in the process. Not in any way, shape or form. What exactly did the Republicans propose? They were adamantly opposed to a public option.

Here you go. Let me know when you finish it and we can discuss some of the proposals that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance.

Andrea Cristobal wrote:They blocked the measure to allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada which even Stephanie proposed as a good option. I would be interested in the answer.

Quit telling that damadable self serving partisan lie.

Washington has its share of murder mysteries, but the one that interests Sen. Byron Dorgan involves the untimely death of his amendment to allow cheaper prescription drug imports from Canada.

There are several sets of fingerprints in the Senate chamber where the legislation died, including some from the White House, says Dorgan, a North Dakota Democrat. “They did not support this,” and worked with Democratic Senate leaders to kill it in order to move the larger bill forward, he said in an interview. The amendment failed in the Senate Tuesday evening.

“It’s ironic that President [Barack] Obama campaigned for drug importation during the election,” said Dorgan, noting that Obama’s chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, pushed it hard as an Illinois congressman. Dorgan said he can’t get answers from the administration about what’s going on, though he called the White House and FDA prior to the vote.

Last week, he said he heard rumors that the FDA was going to send a letter objecting to drug importation on safety grounds, which he has said is a bogus reason. He said he called FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, who said she knew nothing about such a letter.

He said his timeline shows that a letter, signed by Hamburg questioning the safety of drug imports, was sent 24 hours later to a few senators who opposed importation. That piece of paper became a rallying cry for other senators who voted down Dorgan’s amendment.

“I think the letter was prompted, probably drafted somewhere else,” like “the White House” Dorgan said.

The White House has not responded to repeated calls and emails. The FDA did not immediately comment. source
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Aaron wrote:
Andrea Cristobal wrote:Oh please. No not one Republican voted for the bill that passed. But they certainly were not helpful in the process. Not in any way, shape or form. What exactly did the Republicans propose? They were adamantly opposed to a public option.

Here you go. Let me know when you finish it and we can discuss some of the proposals that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance.

Andrea Cristobal wrote:They blocked the measure to allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada which even Stephanie proposed as a good option. I would be interested in the answer.

Quit telling that damadable self serving partisan lie.

Washington has its share of murder mysteries, but the one that interests Sen. Byron Dorgan involves the untimely death of his amendment to allow cheaper prescription drug imports from Canada.

There are several sets of fingerprints in the Senate chamber where the legislation died, including some from the White House, says Dorgan, a North Dakota Democrat. “They did not support this,” and worked with Democratic Senate leaders to kill it in order to move the larger bill forward, he said in an interview. The amendment failed in the Senate Tuesday evening.

“It’s ironic that President [Barack] Obama campaigned for drug importation during the election,” said Dorgan, noting that Obama’s chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, pushed it hard as an Illinois congressman. Dorgan said he can’t get answers from the administration about what’s going on, though he called the White House and FDA prior to the vote.

Last week, he said he heard rumors that the FDA was going to send a letter objecting to drug importation on safety grounds, which he has said is a bogus reason. He said he called FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, who said she knew nothing about such a letter.

He said his timeline shows that a letter, signed by Hamburg questioning the safety of drug imports, was sent 24 hours later to a few senators who opposed importation. That piece of paper became a rallying cry for other senators who voted down Dorgan’s amendment.

“I think the letter was prompted, probably drafted somewhere else,” like “the White House” Dorgan said.

The White House has not responded to repeated calls and emails. The FDA did not immediately comment. source

I was just editing and correcting after research. Give it a rest Aaron. The 51 were not all Democrats. The amendment had eleven Democratic sponsors and only 4 Republicans. Both sides caved to the pharmaceutical industry. I doubt very much that I would be any more interested in your ideas of reform than you are the public option.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Andrea Cristobal wrote:I was just editing and correcting after research. Give it a rest Aaron. The 51 were not all Democrats. The amendment had eleven Democratic sponsors and only 4 Republicans. Both sides caved to the pharmaceutical industry. I doubt very much that I would be any more interested in your ideas of reform than you are the public option.

You should have done your research before telling your lie. And it doesn't matter how many sponsors it had. Had Democrats, including the White House wanted this bill passed it would have been passed yet you blame Republicans for killing it.

This is just another example of the lie Democrats are telling on how they will reduce the cost of insurance and your a gullible partisan hack for spouting the same lie.

And if you're not interested in my ideas of reform which includes a massive overhaul of the FDA, purchasing insurance across state lines, giving the same tax breaks to individuals and co-ops that unions and corporations enjoy and the elimination of pay as you go fees then you don't want health care reform, there is nothing 'moderate' about you and you're a partisan hack.

By this one post right here, you have shown that you and your kind are what is wrong with American.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Aaron wrote: By this one post right here, you have shown that you and your kind are what is wrong with American.

Aaron, sorry bout having to tell you this, but, ...... there is not a "color" in the "text color" selection box that you can choose to "color" the text of you posts with that will make them comprehensible to anyone with "loving eyes" and wearing "rose colored" glasses.

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Aaron wrote:
Andrea Cristobal wrote:I was just editing and correcting after research. Give it a rest Aaron. The 51 were not all Democrats. The amendment had eleven Democratic sponsors and only 4 Republicans. Both sides caved to the pharmaceutical industry. I doubt very much that I would be any more interested in your ideas of reform than you are the public option.

You should have done your research before telling your lie. And it doesn't matter how many sponsors it had. Had Democrats, including the White House wanted this bill passed it would have been passed yet you blame Republicans for killing it.

This is just another example of the lie Democrats are telling on how they will reduce the cost of insurance and your a gullible partisan hack for spouting the same lie.

And if you're not interested in my ideas of reform which includes a massive overhaul of the FDA, purchasing insurance across state lines, giving the same tax breaks to individuals and co-ops that unions and corporations enjoy and the elimination of pay as you go fees then you don't want health care reform, there is nothing 'moderate' about you and you're a partisan hack.

By this one post right here, you have shown that you and your kind are what is wrong with American.

Oh please. The partisan hack is you. I made a mistake and corrected it. I am far from gullible. What I am certainly not gullible about as you are is that there is loads of blame for both sides. Until both Republicans and Democrats see that nothing will get done. You can live in the 'Republicans are Saints' world all you want. But it is not reality. I have criticized Dems in more than one post. Give me one where you have legitimately criticized Republicans since I joined here. You can't because you haven't and I know it. Grow up and stop accusing people of doing exactly what you are doing. As you have been right along.

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? 33948 SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? 33948 SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? 33948 SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? 33948
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:15 pm

And in all that you didn't address any of the reform issues or the drug importation bill and why there has been no real reform. Why is that?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Aaron wrote:And in all that you didn't address any of the reform issues or the drug importation bill and why there has been no real reform. Why is that?

I thought we were just discussing the drug importation bill and other reforms? No?
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I am. You're not.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Aaron wrote:I am. You're not.

Doesn't appear that you are either.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Andrea Cristobal wrote:Oh please. No not one Republican voted for the bill that passed. But they certainly were not helpful in the process. Not in any way, shape or form. What exactly did the Republicans propose? They were adamantly opposed to a public option. They were a large part in defeating the measure to allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada. (Vote was 51-48) Even Stephanie proposed that as a good option. I would be interested in the answer.

Congressman Ron Paul (Rep) has been introducing legislation for years to reform healthcare. If you're intereseted you can research bills he has introduces over the past few years at his House website, www.house.gov/paul .
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Thank you for the information. I will take a look.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Andrea Cristobal wrote:

Once again, you're ignorance is on display. If you click on the blue "Here you go" below, you'll see it's a hyperlink to alternative bills being sponsored. So why don't you try educating yourself and stop telling lies.

Aaron wrote:Here you go. Let me know when you finish it and we can discuss some of the proposals that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Aaron wrote:
Andrea Cristobal wrote:

Once again, you're ignorance is on display. If you click on the blue "Here you go" below, you'll see it's a hyperlink to alternative bills being sponsored. So why don't you try educating yourself and stop telling lies.

Aaron wrote:Here you go. Let me know when you finish it and we can discuss some of the proposals that would actually reduce the cost of health insurance.

Aaron,
et-Say our-ya ecoder-da ing-ray o-tay 5. Aaron, chill bro'. You are going to chase the new girl off-just like all the others. Then you will be stuck arguing with that old fart, Sam Cogar, again.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:51 pm

First, doesn't there have to be two sides for it to be an arugment? But I get what you're saying. I'll ease up on the names and stick to proving her wrong on EVERYTHING and if she can't take that then I have no problem arguing with Sam.

But honestly, I don't think she's going anywhere and if she does, I'll even take on the stance of a left wing liberal and get everybodies gander up. Given the arguments that have been put forth thus far, I can't do any worse.

Razz Razz Razz
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:10 pm

rotflmao@Keli! That was great, my friend!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 am

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Hey Harry: Where is Nevada's gift? Toon_122309_FULL
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down