WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects

2 posters

Go down

Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects Empty Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects

Post by ohio county Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 am

http://westvirginia.watchdog.org/1955/west-virginia-stimulus-project-ranks-88-on-100-most-wasteful-list/
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects Empty Re: Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects

Post by SamCogar Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Jim, something smells about that, the news release from watchdog.org that is, to wit:

“At Burnsville Dam in West Virginia, the Army Corps of Engineers is spending stimulus funds for a company to clean its bathrooms, offices and the campgrounds. Air Maids LLC out of Troy, Ohio was awarded a contract for up to $650,000 for restroom cleaning and other grounds services. Work is taking place at the Bulltown Campground and Corps offices at the Burnsville Dam in West Virginia.

Me no thinky Stimulus Funds are being used for the cleaning and mowing because those jobs are "bid" through the Huntington Corps Office and have been bid on a yearly or multi-year basis for as long as I can remember.

Iffen you remember I posted something on here bout that months ago. Those SFs are being used to upgrade the Campgrounds, and they are only TEMPORARY jobs, and that's a fact because those 10-wheeler dumps full of crushed stone have been roaring past my house toward the Dam just every whipstich or so for the past several weeks.

I didn't try the Search feature but I'm sure there is an old Post on here somewhere bout that.

Cheers, Sam

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects Empty Re: Burnsville Dam 88th of 100 Most Wasteful Stimulus Projects

Post by SamCogar Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:33 pm

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down