WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech

3 posters

Go down

MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech Empty MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech

Post by Keli Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech
QMI Agency via Sun media ^ | 2010-10-02 | Bryn Weese

OTTAWA - Defence Minister Peter MacKay has vetoed the speech from a controversial Islamic group because of its "extremist views."

Imam Dr. Zijad Delic, the national executive director of the Canadian Islamic Congress, was to speak at an internal event at Department of National Defence headquarters Monday.

A spokesman for MacKay said when the minister learned of the CIC's participation in the Islamic Heritage Month event, he pulled the plug "based on extremist views promulgated by the Canadian Islamic Congress."

"The Canadian Islamic Congress has declared that Israelis over the age of 18 are legitimate targets of suicide bombers," wrote Jay Paxton, MacKay's director of communications, in an e-mail. "These types of comments don't support Islamic Heritage, they simply divide Canadians, promulgate hate and they have no place in Monday's celebrations."

Without Delic's speech, Monday's event will focus on the "evolution of Islam" in the Canadian Forces, Paxton said, and the "positive contribution" of Canada's muslim community to Canadian society.

Delic reporedly called the cancellation, "hurtful."

Charles McVety, who heads up the right-wing Institute of Canadian Values, issued a statement Friday saying Delic's invitation to speak is an insult to the Canadian Forces soldiers who have died in Afghanistan.

"This will shock the conscience of Canadians of good faith, dismay military families whose children have made the supreme sacrifice, and undermine the credibility and morale of our armed services in the eyes of allies and enemies alike," McVety said in the statement on the association's website.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnews.canoe.ca ...

Delic called the cancellation, “hurtful.”

Not nearly as hurtful as having your head slowly sawn off with a rusty kitchen knife by a black-hooded savage shouting “Alahu akhbar” in front of the video cameras.

Not nearly as hurtful as flying jetliners full of innocent people into skyscrapers full of innocent people.

Not nearly as hurful as bombing supermarkets, schools, and pizza parlors filled with innocent people.

Not nearly as hurtful as machine-gunning innocent people on the subways and streets and hotels.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech Empty Re: MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech

Post by ziggy Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:12 am

Don't you ever ask yourself why Canada has been mostly immune from Islamic spawned terrorism? Maybe it's as least in part because Canada does not sanction an Islamic hate machine, and mostly minds its own business instead of poking its nose into every damned corner of the world.

ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech Empty Re: MacKay shuts down Islamic group speech

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:41 am

ziggy wrote:Don't you ever ask yourself why Canada has been mostly immune from Islamic spawned terrorism? Maybe it's as least in part because Canada does not sanction an Islamic hate machine, and mostly minds its own business instead of poking its nose into every damned corner of the world.

Ziggy, why don't you become a Cannuck?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:56 am

When you answer my question, I'll answer yours.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 pm

ziggy wrote: When you answer my question, I'll answer yours.

No.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Armon Ayers wrote:
ziggy wrote:Don't you ever ask yourself why Canada has been mostly immune from Islamic spawned terrorism? Maybe it's as least in part because Canada does not sanction an Islamic hate machine, and mostly minds its own business instead of poking its nose into every damned corner of the world.

Ziggy, why don't you become a Cannuck?

This is my home. This is where my family and friends are. Rather than abandon my country in its time of self-induced miseries, I will work to make it better.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down