WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain Party credibility...

5 posters

Go down

Mountain Party credibility... Empty Mountain Party credibility...

Post by Aaron Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:40 am

...just fell through the floor. Is Johnson the best they can do? I think if I were part of the party, I'd be furious at him for being such a dumbass.

http://911truthnews.com/west-virginia-senate-candidate-questions-911-account/
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Mountain Party credibility... Empty Re: Mountain Party credibility...

Post by Aaron Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 am

I originally looked for this story in the Gazette this morning, which is where I originally saw the story but couldn't find the link. I did manage to retrieve it from a friend’s facebook page.

http://wvgazette.com/News/201010131090

I do find it curious that less then 3 weeks from the election, Johnson, a candidate that very well could cost Manchin the election basically sabotages his own election. Smells an awful lot like West Virginia politics to me.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Aaron wrote:...just fell through the floor. Is Johnson the best they can do? I think if I were part of the party, I'd be furious at him for being such a dumbass.

http://911truthnews.com/west-virginia-senate-candidate-questions-911-account/

That really sad part is, there are some that will take him seriously.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:45 pm

All that the linked story shows is six sentences in 4 short patagraphs. One would think that the Associated Press would have provided some direct quotes- at least a sentence or two.

That it didn't, and that all it provides us is some unidentified person's spin on what Mr. Johnson might or might not have said, tells us more about the Associated Press' credibility that about the Mountain Party or anything else.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:40 pm

To the biased eye like yourself perhaps. To the vast majority of West Virginian's and along with everyone else that reads that, he will appear to be just another truther kook and like it or not, it does cost the Mountain Party credibility.

With that stance though, I for one have to ask, did they ever really have any?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 am

I have a lot of questions about that report too, Aaron. Does that make me a truther kook?

I don't doubt Islamic radicals crashed planes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. Still, there are a lot of questions that linger.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 am

If your comments mirror Johnson's then yes Stephanie, you are a truther kook.

I read his comments on the Beckly papers website in which he made these comments and to be honest, were I Mountain Party Member, I would be disappointed.

Some of his statements...

-------------------------
“The new coal economy is based upon the idea that you stop pulverizing coal and putting into a blast furnace to provide this electricity. We don’t need it. More energy shines on the face of this planet in one day than all of humanity uses in an entire year. What waste. What incredible waste. So let’s find out and have the political will to catch that energy.
------------------------

While I agree we should be exploring alternative energy sources, to suggest solar is the answer when it has been proven that is not the case is the less ludicrous of the two statements because even the most ardent liberal should know what our energy needs are, we are currently capable of producing and regardless of what one's stance on coal is at this time to state we do not need coal at this time is the statement of a (for lack of a better word) complete dumbass.

That's his sane statement. When ask about the EPA he had this to say.

-----------------------
“Underground mining is not dangerous and it provides jobs for West Virginians. If we stop this mountaintop removal insanity and put the miners back in the mines, we would have a much greater thriving coal economy. Just with that one simple act.
-----------------------

Underground mining is not dangerous. That's a crock. With this statement, I question this gentleman’s intelligence. I don't care how much you oppose coal; to state that underground mining is not dangerous is just plain stupid and anyone with any sort of intelligence would not make such an idiotic statement, especially in the wake of Upper Big Branch, located in the heart of this paper’s circulation. I’m quite sure he lost a few votes with that one statement alone.

And to suggest that by simply stopping MTR mining, you could employ more miners in underground mines shows a complete lack of understanding of that practice. How can a candidate for the Senate make such an uneducated statement in the heart of coal country? The majority of the coal removed via MTR cannot be removed via underground mining. It is either unreachable, the seams are so thin that it would either be too dangerous and/or cost effective or it is at a site where the underground mining has been played out.

I understand the Mountain Party opposes MTR mining but to lie and say that underground mining is not dangerous and to tell an even bigger lie and say MTR can be converted to underground mining is, imho, borderline criminal.

So when I take Mr. Johnson's comments regarding 9-11 and combine them with his comments to the Beckley paper, I'm convinced the man is a joke. If he's the best the Mountain Party can do I feel sorry for them. I now understand why SG remained an ardent Democrat.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:52 am

Look, just because we haven't the technology to fully utilize solar power doesn't mean it can never be done, nor does it mean we should stop trying.

Coal is THE hot button issue in this state. I consider myself to be a moderate on it, yet I'm convinced both sides would call me a "radical". I oppose MTR, in fact, I oppose all strip mining. I support responsible underground mining, and it is my understanding that underground mining requires more laborers. It is also my understanding that MTR is fraught with its own perils.

I have no real interest in defending Mr. Johnson, but questioning the veracity of reports produced by our government regarding 911 makes me think more highly of a person. A lot has been swept under the rug. What surprises me about it is that much of what the government has worked so hard at covering up is well documented. In this age of cell phones with digital cameras and 24 hour cable news combined with the internet the information is out there but people choose to ignore it.

America needs a boogey man and brown people from the other side of the globe with an unfamiliar religion make a terrific one. On the other hand, we don't want to have to deal with too many monsters all at once so there is little interest in questioning the "official" version of events.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 am

I never said we should not be using solar but it is not a replacement for coal. The only CURRENT viable replacement for coal at this time is Nuclear. That is a fact. To suggest otherwise is crazy.

And I have no problem with his or your anti-MTR view. But to state those sites can be converted to underground mining is not true. Perhaps it's excusable that you, a native Yankee to not know the facts but for a perennial party candidate like Johnson to be that ignorant of the facts, that's not. Yes, underground mining does employ more miners but it cannot replace MTR sites and mine the same coal.

And he's not questioning the government in the manner you are. He stated that the planes didn't cause the twin towers to collapse. Truthers believe the United States Government at the instruction of GWB is responsible for blowing up the twin towers. That is ridiculous and if you believe that, then I have some serious re-thinking to do. Is that the case?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 am

Is that what he said, that the coal currently being harvested by MTR could be mined underground? I don't think that's what he said, I'm going to have to read that again. I think there are some sites where that would work. I think if they have to blow the top off a mountain to get to the coal then the coal needs to stay in the mountain.

No, I don't think our government blew up the twin towers. I do think that it is possible that there were explosives planted in those buildings prior to the planes striking them. There are too many engineers saying the buildings would not have collapsed in the manner they did because of the planes. Some people think that makes 911 "an inside job". I disagree. I think it is possible other members of that terrorist group planted explosives in the buildings prior to the planes being hijacked. Maybe, I don't know.

What I am convinced of is that there were some people who knew there was going to be a major terrorist attack on US soil but they did absolutely nothing to prevent it. They didn't even warn US government officials. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me there has got to be some sort of criminal charge for that, yet not only weren't these individuals ever charged with crimes, their bad acts were concealed, along with their names and their affiliations. Those who lost loved ones, and those who survived the attacks deserve the truth. We all deserve the truth, Aaron. We (the American people) need to know who would show such callous disregard for American lives even if most of us prefer to keep our heads buried in the sand. This information is vital to our safety and our security in the future.

So that's what I think.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 am

[quote="Stephanie"]Is that what he said, that the coal currently being harvested by MTR could be mined underground? I don't think that's what he said, I'm going to have to read that again.[/quote]

That's exaxtly what he said. I went back and read it twice because I didn't think someone who's ran for governor and and now a Senator could say such a stupid thing.

[/quote]I think there are some sites where that would work. I think if they have to blow the top off a mountain to get to the coal then the coal needs to stay in the mountain.[/quote]

It would work at very few sites and at the sites it would work, it is not cost effective. As I've said 4 times now, if one opposes MTR, that's fine but for Johnson to suggest that it is viable to be taken from underground is wrong.

[/quote]No, I don't think our government blew up the twin towers. I do think that it is possible that there were explosives planted in those buildings prior to the planes striking them. There are too many engineers saying the buildings would not have collapsed in the manner they did because of the planes. Some people think that makes 911 "an inside job". I disagree. I think it is possible other members of that terrorist group planted explosives in the buildings prior to the planes being hijacked. Maybe, I don't know.[/quote]

There are many more saying and the data has proven that at the temparature the jet fuel burns and when that is coupled with the structure of the buildings, the planes and their fuel most certainly would have brought the towers down but people will believe what they want to believe. There are those who still believe there was a second gunman despite the fact that it has been scientifically proven that Oswalt was the only shooter. At any rate, that is not what Johnson is saying.

[/quote]What I am convinced of is that there were some people who knew there was going to be a major terrorist attack on US soil but they did absolutely nothing to prevent it. They didn't even warn US government officials. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me there has got to be some sort of criminal charge for that, yet not only weren't these individuals ever charged with crimes, their bad acts were concealed, along with their names and their affiliations. Those who lost loved ones, and those who survived the attacks deserve the truth. We all deserve the truth, Aaron. We (the American people) need to know who would show such callous disregard for American lives even if most of us prefer to keep our heads buried in the sand. This information is vital to our safety and our security in the future.

So that's what I think.[/quote]

Predicting a major attack and knowing when are where are two different things. I'm sure there were many who predicted an attack but had no idea where or when and I'm sure that happened. There were those who questioned why the government didn't shoot down airliners but that is absurb. Prior to 9-11, there had been approximately 900 hijackings of airplanes. None had ever been used as a weapon. Based on that information, why would our government shoot a plane down?

As for someone knowing what was going to happen, I doubt very seriously anyone knew where or when and ignored those facts. If that is proven then they indeed should be investigated and that person should be punished.

Once again, I don't think that's what Johnson is saying. I think he's in the same catagory as Rosie O'Donnell and inmo, that person doesn't deserve to be a mayor of a city much less a United States Senator.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Our Mountain Party Candidate.

http://www.videodetective.com/movie_trailer/PHANTOM_LOVE/trailer/P00622179.htm
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:45 am

So when I take Mr. Johnson's comments regarding 9-11 and combine them with his comments to the Beckley paper, I'm convinced the man is a joke.

I agree, ...... with what isn't stricken out.

Look, just because we haven't the technology to fully utilize solar power doesn't mean it can never be done, nor does it mean we should stop trying.

“YES”, stop trying to directly “fully utilize” Solar power, it ain’t gonna happen.

America needs a boogey man and brown people from the other side of the globe with an unfamiliar religion make a terrific one.

Well “DUH”, they tried it twice, their 2nd attempt succeeded, didn’t it?

And I have no problem with his or your anti-MTR view. But to state those sites can be converted to underground mining is not true. Perhaps it's excusable that you, a native Yankee to not know the facts but for a perennial party candidate like Johnson to be that ignorant of the facts, that's not. Yes, underground mining does employ more miners but it cannot replace MTR sites and mine the same coal.

I agree,

And he's not questioning the government in the manner you are. He stated that the planes didn't cause the twin towers to collapse.

I don’t think the planes were the actual causes, but they aided n' abetted the collapses.

No, I don't think our government blew up the twin towers. I do think that it is possible that there were explosives planted in those buildings prior to the planes striking them. There are too many engineers saying the buildings would not have collapsed in the manner they did because of the planes. Some people think that makes 911 "an inside job". I disagree. I think it is possible other members of that terrorist group planted explosives in the buildings prior to the planes being hijacked. Maybe, I don't know.

I agree,

There are many more saying and the data has proven that at the temparature the jet fuel burns and when that is coupled with the structure of the buildings, the planes and their fuel most certainly would have brought the towers down but people will believe what they want to believe.

HORSEPUCKY. The “odds” of what happened happening is “169 gazillion to 1”. And that ain't gonna happen.

1. Two identically constructed buildings.

2. Two non-identically internally partitioned buildings.

3. Two different airplanes hitting the two different buildings at two different times at two different places at two different speeds and trajectories.

4. And "all the steel girders" and "all the steel support columns" and "all the different internal partitions and insulating materials" on two different floors of those two different buildings all heated up to their "failure temperature" at exactly the same time, respectively per building, so as to cause the upper floors of the two different buildings to collapse and/or fall in a perfectly perpendicular manner upon the floor below it.

Yup, the odds are “169 gazillion to 1” that that ain't gonna happen.

Mountain Party credibility... 197570 Mountain Party credibility... 197570 Mountain Party credibility... 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down