WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed

+3
Aaron
Stephanie
ziggy
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed Empty Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday and an aide and federal judge killed when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store as the Democratic lawmaker met with constituents, officials said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/politics/?gt1=43001
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed Empty Re: Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Maybe Pat Robertson will tell us again how this was caused by gays and lesbians and the ACLU.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed Empty Re: Arizona Congresswoman shot; two others killed

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:58 pm

A 9 y/o child died. I regularly take Loyd with me to all kinds of events. Most recently, he came with me to meet the WV Stop Pelosi/Reid bus. Rep. Capito was there, along with a number of other candidates. On Wednesday I'm attending the We the People Rally in Charleston and I had every intention of bringing him. I'm rethinking that.....
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:48 am

What is sad is there will be those who blame this on Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the right and will attempt to gain politically from this tragedy.

That is almost as vile as the individual who acted on his own delusions of grandeur. Only a complete dumbass would think otherwise. That crap is no more realistic then Charles Manson blaming the Beatles for his actions.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:15 am

Was that the only political rally ever held in the US that there wasn''t a Police Officer getting paid to stand around and watch what was going on? geek geek

Amazing, at least ninteen (19) shots fired by the wacko that "hit their mark" ........ and no one took action to stop him.

Except I did hear that possibly someone in the crowd shot at the wacko one or two times but never hit him. I wonder if that might have been a Police Officer getting paid to protect those political potentates and public officials?

Such events sure enhances one's faith in Homeland Security, huh?

It's sure a comforting feeling, sending tickles of pleasure up one's spine, to know that it is "only after the smoke clears" that there will be dozens n' dozens of Cops around to make sure the perperator of a dastardly act will not be foolish enough to come back for a repeat performance. Including any dead perperators.

lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 am

Aaron wrote:What is sad is there will be those who blame this on Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the right and will attempt to gain politically from this tragedy.

That is almost as vile as the individual who acted on his own delusions of grandeur. Only a complete dumbass would think otherwise. That crap is no more realistic then Charles Manson blaming the Beatles for his actions.

Ziggy wrote:Maybe Pat Robertson will tell us again how this was caused by gays and lesbians and the ACLU.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:50 am

What is sad is there will be those who blame this on Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the right and will attempt to gain politically from this tragedy.

I don't want to pass out blame. I would like to point out people like Palin, who said things like "don't retreat, reload" and who had this woman in a set of crosshairs on a list of "targets" for voters. She couldn't have necessarily seen this coming, but her previous actions and rhetoric look pretty bad, in light of what has happened.

Free speech doesn't mean that you should incite people into a frenzy of hate.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 am

TerryRC wrote: I would like to point out people like Palin, who said things like "don't retreat, reload"

Free speech doesn't mean that you should incite people into a frenzy of hate.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am

Did you ever, ever, hear me support Wright?

Of course not. I said his speech was pretty hateful, but that I have come to expect nothing less from religious pulpits.

So your citation is meaningless.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 am

Back in October I attended a well advertised public appearance of Rep. Capito. Also in attendance were a number of elected local officials and John Raese & Spike Maynard. The only member of law enforcement present was Putnam County Sheriff Mark Smith, there soley for political purposes.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Cato wrote:
Aaron wrote:What is sad is there will be those who blame this on Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the right and will attempt to gain politically from this tragedy.

Ziggy wrote:Maybe Pat Robertson will tell us again how this was caused by gays and lesbians and the ACLU.

So Cato, do you believe that this was caused by gays and lesbians and the ACLU?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:22 pm

I listened to George Snuffleupagus just say that authorities don't know if this is a deranged killer like Colombine or Va Tech or if it had political motivation like Ok City. The fact that without knowing they say something like that tells me exactly where the mainstream media and the left is going with this. At some point, this will give birth to the fairness doctrine.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:56 pm

They're whining for the Fairness Doctrine now. Apparently their dials don't have any options on them...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 pm

I knew the Fairness Doctrine would be the first thing to come out of this. The problem is, the shooter, as a followerer of Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler likely wasn't a fan of Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh.

Those on the left say they don't want to pass blame but that's exaclty what they have been doing since the shooting happened.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

You guys have to see this:

http://www.wvablue.com/diary/6670/words-matter
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 pm

the shooter, as a followerer of Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler

How do we know this? How could one follow both Marx AND Hitler, anyway?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Already been addressed.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

So Cato, do you believe that this was caused by gays and lesbians and the ACLU?

Nope. It is obvious the shooting was commited by a nut.

Anyways do you know for a FACT that Pat Robertson will blame this on homosexuals and the ACLU or are you just shooting off at the mouth.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

We'll see. After all, Robertson does speaks for large segments of Christians. And the "mainline" Christian leaders did not call him and Fallwell out when they agreed that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians, the ACLU, People For the American Way, etc. caused 9-11. So we'll see.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm

It is obvious the shooting was commited by a nut.

And 9-11 was committed by 19 nuts who commandered airplanes. But you and Keli would blame a billion or so Muslims for it. So what's your point?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:18 pm

None of that garbage changes the fact that this was an atrocious act committed by a deranged young man and the fact that one would take this opportunity to promote an agenda is sickening.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Keli and Cato have been using 9-11- another atrocious act committed by deranged men- to promote an agenda for going on 10 years.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Funny, I thought the title of this thread was about the Arizona Congresswoman who was shot by a likely paranoid schizophrenic who acted alone but I'm not the least bit suprised you would attempt to take advantage of the situation.

And what do you know, you were the one who brought someone else into the conversation. Seems you've had an agenda from the get go.

Truly sad.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Sad or not, everyone here has an "agenda" of some sort or another.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah but most don't post a link to a story like this with the sole intent of promoting their agenda. You waited what, 15 minutes to post your garbage. Now that I think of it, sad is an understatement. Pathetic is more fitting.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next