WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captial Punishment

4 posters

Go down

Captial Punishment Empty Captial Punishment

Post by Keli Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:16 am

The SCOTUS is considering a case by a death row inmate who claims that death by lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment; hence, he claims it is unconstitutional. My question is: Do you think that the COTUS guarantees that capital punishment must be absolutely painless? Wouldn't there be some pain--however brief--from death by a guillotine or bullet to the brain?

A second question: Is abortion absolutely painless for a second or third term unborn baby?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Captial Punishment Empty Re: Captial Punishment

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:37 am

The lawsuit is not claiming the death penalty is unconstitutional. What it is claiming is the 3 drug method used by Kentucky (and most other states) is cruel and unusual and wants it replaced with a similar method used by veterinarians when euthanizing animals, which is a massive overdose of barbiturates.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 am

Keli I'm pro-life. I don't support capital punishment and I sure as hell don't defend abortion.

I don't know if there is a god or not and I don't particularly care if there is. I don't believe the existance of a god or lack of a god impacts our lives so I don't concern myself about it. I do concern myself with the concept of playing god. Execution and abortion both are examples of people playing god.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 am

Stephanie wrote:Keli I'm pro-life. I don't support capital punishment and I sure as hell don't defend abortion.

I don't know if there is a god or not and I don't particularly care if there is. I don't believe the existance of a god or lack of a god impacts our lives so I don't concern myself about it. I do concern myself with the concept of playing god. Execution and abortion both are examples of people playing god.

That reminds me, Stephanie- do you have the capability to put a "Religion" catagory on this forum?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down