WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T'was bad month for Global Warminists

+4
Aaron
shermangeneral
SheikBen
SamCogar
8 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

T'was bad month for Global Warminists - Page 2 Empty Re: T'was bad month for Global Warminists

Post by lindaredtail Mon May 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Good evening Stephanie. First I do not worship at Al Gore's altar. Secondly there is a whole body of evidence which supports the conclusion that global warming is not only real but that we have accelerated it with our activity. I keep hearing here that the data is scewed by scientists but the oil industry and the energy industry scew the data just as much if not more. And they do have an agenda. It is far more likely that the people who profit from something have an agenda than it is that the people who are advising hard choices which will effect people's lives ( and not always popularly so, or welcomed either) have an agenda. Who wants to be the bearer of bad news? What are they going to gain? Where as the energy and oil companies gain from continued lack of stricter government oversight. What upset you so much? Some of those who deny that we have no negative imprint on our enviroment are also extremists. And yes there are some on the enviromentalist end of things with that I absolutely agree. But I believe that a lot of the issue is us. Not just global warming but also the extinction of species. Extinction has always occurred. But right now it is happening at a tremendous rate. This is not alarmist. If the warming trend continues many believe that polar bears will be gone within 20 years in the wild. A great deal of what is happening is due to us. We need to take responsibility and find viable lasting solutions to the issues of our planet. Not denials or exaggerations by either side. For some reason though I like him (he has an interesting personality at times) I have always thought of Al as being a bit frivalous.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

T'was bad month for Global Warminists - Page 2 Empty Re: T'was bad month for Global Warminists

Post by ziggy Mon May 12, 2008 6:08 pm

I feel about Al Gore sort of like I do about little Georgie W. Bush- that he just is not sincere and convincing to me, that he has an agenda beyond his spoken words.

Take the matter of projections of sea level rises as the artic / antartic ice melts. How would the melting of ice that is already BELOW sea level contribute to a rise in sea level?

A fellow I know- retired from NOAA- says that NOAA has calculated that were all the ice above sea level to melt into water and flow into the oceans, that the rise in worldwide sea level would be less than one inch.

That doesn't mean that there is no global warming- nor that the activities of mankind don't contribute to global warming, nor that global warming does / would not have insignificant consequences.

But if people expect to be seen as credible, they should actually be credible.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Frivolous? Sure he's frivolous with all of his consumption. He's also very disingenuous.

What's got me so upset is the global warming alarmists are placing too heavy a burden on my nation while granting free passes to nations that not only are destroying our Earth, but vicitimize their own citizens. The US is some sort of scoundrel for not signing Kyoto but India & China get a free pass? I don't think so.

Many of the same people attempting to work the public into a lather about global warming are the same whack jobs that fight every wind farm, every nuclear power plant, and numerous other strategies we can take advantage of NOW. Then there is the fact that the poster boy for that cause is a proven liar who is making a ton of money off of the hysteria and the hype he is spreading while he personally uses more resources and expels more carbon than the households of everyone posting to this thread combined.

You ask who is gaining? It seems to me AlGore has been gaining pretty darn heavily with his scare tactics. He ought to be ashamed of himself. Of course, how can you expect a man who uses his own family's personal tragedy for political gain, all the while still making money off that product, to ever feel any shame?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Mon May 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Stephanie I must have missed something. What personal tragedy does he use? I did not mean just him though. In comparison to the corporations what really do the scientists have to gain. Some grant money. Millions sometimes. But for energy corporations the difference is billions.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 pm

His sister's death from lung cancer after years of smoking. He did that on the floor of the DNC.

brb Puppy & Doggie delivery is here! Yippee!!!!!!!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Mon May 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Stephanie what is Puppy and Doggee Delivery? Sure sounds like it makes you happy.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon May 12, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm sure I have a very high carbon footprint at my place of employment. We run 6 trucks 500 miles plus daily and in addition to that, use about 40,000 more gallons of fuel in our production process annually. Under a good cap and trade system, we could basically shut down, stop producing and delivering product for a very cheap price and still double, maybe triple our profit. We're it my decision, that is exactly what I would do and I wouldn't be alone.

I'm no expert on GW and am not jumping into this debate. But if there is anyone that doesn't think the so called solutions don't involve BILLIONS, then I've got a nice bridge in Minnesota up for sale.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon May 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I am now the proud mommy of a 5.5 week old puppy and her daddy! LOL He is named Scoob-Doo and she was called Ruby but the kids are duking it out over her permanent name. My son wants "Lady" and my daughter wants "Belle".

I'll take a pic of them and post tomorrow. They are beautiful and they do make me very happy.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Congrats Stephanie. I have a cat named Albion and 2 birds named Schubert and Shalimar. Animals are terrific. (the birds however are a bit messy)
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 pm

My son wants "Lady" and my daughter wants "Belle".

Ladybell, or Ladybelle, has a nice ring to it.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Mon May 12, 2008 9:33 pm

What kind of dogs are they Stephanie? Where we live a dog wouldn't be allowed but I grew up with dogs. And had a couple others in the past.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue May 13, 2008 1:50 am

Thanks, Linda! It would seem that Belle has won out. I thought we might compromise with LadyBelle but to my amazement (my jaw actually dropped) my son told Kate we could use her name. I'm not fond of it but if I could call a dog Runny I'm sure I can live with Belle. lol

I'm sure you're saying to yourselves.........why is this woman up in the middle of the night? The new poochies. lol

They are mutts.......Scooby is the puppy's father and his mother was a mutt. Her mom looks like a very small yellow lab. She looks like her dad though. I'll have to post pictures because neither of them looks like any particular breed of dog, but they are both very pretty. He is a reddish brown with blonde markings that look like Rotty markings.... eyebrows, the bow tie etc. He is very fluffy and his tail curls up just like Runny's, he looks quite a bit like Runny actually. Her fur is lighter, like a caramel color and she seems to be devloping dark markings where he has blond ones. She has a rather short tail and so far it isn't curling up. I've never had a puppy before so I don't know if that is likely to change. The dogs I've had in the past were adults when I got them.

What part of CT are you in Linda?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 4:32 am

Hi Stephanie I am often up with my daughter at night to Mutts are the best kind of dogs. We always had mutts when I was a kid. I am in Thompson. I'm not sure but I think sometimes that they do change after awhile. I like the name Belle too. Like Beauty and the Beast.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 am

I think we're going to have to sleep in shifts! LOL

We didn't get a dog until I was 17. I left home a few months later. I think her tail is going to curl. When she drinks & eats she has it curled up. I don't know where Thompson is. I worked in Mystic for several years....from 1995-2000.

Yeah, Kate loves the name Belle. While I'm not thrilled with it, I figure if we have a dog named Belle I'll never have a granddaughter named Belle now will I? lol
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue May 13, 2008 7:00 am

lindaredtail wrote:SamCogar and SheikBen I can tell that the two of you are global warming deniers which is your right. As I stated in my earlier post there are on Google alone 48,900,000 entries on global warming. YUP, and if you Google "Bible" or "God" you will probably get 248,900,000 entries. Thousands of scientists and numerous agencies have concluded that global warming is real. Make that TENS of THOUSANDS, but most do not think it is human caused. Of course you want to believe that they are rigging the debate because it conflicts with you believe. NO, I know for a fact they are rigging the debate because I have a Degree in two disciplines in Science. It wouldn't matter how much evidence you saw your narrowmindedness would not allow you to see the truth. I done forgot more Science than your narrowmindedness ever see or heard of. I do not argue the subject of global warming. You lie, you are arguing now in favor of the idiots. I am on the side of this issue which is supported by the perponderance of the evidence and the opinion of the majority of science. You wouldn't recognize a "perponderance of the evidence" if you tripped on it and fell flat on your face. My view is the accepted, mainstream view. NO, NO, NO, you are a prole who has accepted the "flim-flammer's view". Yours is the minority, out of the mainstream view. And your "mainstream" is nothing but muddy water. It is up to you to prove that the majority are wrong, not me to prove it. WRONG, they made the claim, .... it is up to them to prove it. But you, you couldn't prove anything science based. And you can't do that. No, but historical records and scientific facts can. I find it interesting however that SheikBen states " I noticed that with the exception of NOAA and (VERY charitably the EPA), every group has a compelling interest in global warming being true." No group has been more of a global warming denier than the American Petroleum Institute. YADA, YADA, YADA, .... and that's because they are the "most picked on" by the Global Warming fruitcakes. They are operated by the oil industry. Science motivated by profit margins is dubious at best and utterly invalid at worst. I assume that includes pharmaceutical, medical imaging, animal and plant husbandry, etc. NAH, that was just a silly assed statement by you. As I stated it is not up to me to disprove the volumes of available research. That is up to you to do. HORSEHOCKY, they proposed it, they prove it. I support the mainstream position which considering how many reliable scientists and organizations also do makes it likely that their conclusions are correct. HA, YOU SUPPORT THOSE IDIOTS solely because you think it is the PC thingy to do so. I might start researching 48,900,000 entries if I were the two of you legitimately interested in the facts. (Which you are not) YUP SIREEEE, and after you get through researching those 248,900,000 Bible and God entries you will surely be a believer in Biblical Creation (Which you are not) and then you can start-up your own brand of TV Ministery and you could make plenty of money just like Al Gore. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue May 13, 2008 7:07 am

lindaredtail wrote:Faith is something that is not based necessarily in facts. It is a belief which is a totally different thing from evidence.

Absolutely, just like your faith and belief in those idiots that are preaching "human caused CO2 global warming".

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue May 13, 2008 8:16 am

lindaredtail wrote: Not just global warming but also the extinction of species. Extinction has always occurred. But right now it is happening at a tremendous rate. geek geek geek This is not alarmist. If the warming trend continues many believe that polar bears will be gone within 20 years in the wild.

YEAH, RIGHT, those poor widdle fuzzy Polar Bears are all gonna die. affraid affraid

HORSEHOCKY

Twenty (20) plus years ago the Polar Bear population was estimated at 5,000+- and they were thinking, considering and pondering about adding them to the Endangered Species list, ....... but they didn't.

Now, 2008, the Polar Bear population is estimated at 20,000 to 25,000 and the Global Warming fruitcakes are DEMANDING they be added to the Endangered Species list.

And they have a dastardly, devious reason for doin so.

And what is worser lies and piffle is that those frigging fruitcakes are claiming that if the Artic ice keeps melting due to their hyped "global warming", .... that those Polar Bears will not have anything to eat and will either starve to death or drown.

HORSEFEATHERS

If that Arctic ice melts ........ those frigging Polar Bears will have a "feeding frenzy" ..... and will be getting fatter and reproducing twice as fast.

And that "feeding frenzy" will continue as long as the Arctic ice KEEPS MELTING ….. or all the seals are gone, ….. kaput, extinct.

DUH, seals, and especially seal pups are the PRIMARY food source of Polar Bears.

And DUH, mommy seals do not give birth to their pups in the water, …… nor do they nurse them in the water.

Both events take place ….. over top the water in the hard snowpack on top of the Arctic ice ….. and the mother seal enters her “nursery” from under water up through the ice.

Well, DUH DUH, iffen all that Arctic ice melts ……. those damn Polar Bears will be laying right there on shore …… justa waiting for “dinner” to come them.

The sky is falling.

The Arctic ice is melting.

and

Our schools are graduating morons and idiots.

lol! lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 am

Hi Stephanie. Good morning. That is very good reasoning about Belle. I've never known anyone who named a child after their dog. So if your daughter likes Belle now I agree with you let her keep it. I'm a bit silly this morning. Only had 2 hours of sleep then my pumpkin was up giggling and when we teased her that she would not be able to do her school work she chuckled (everyone says that she chuckles great- she's nonverbal) and nodded her head yes. She's pretty mischievious and one way she gets out of schoolwork is to stay up at night so she can either stay home or sleep at school. Not so unteenagerlike.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 am

I think I got about 3 hours of sleep. I'm too old for this.

Your daughter sounds like she knows how to get what she wants.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 9:36 am

SamCogar Today at 7:00am
Make that tens of thousands but most do not think that it is human caused. (What is that referenced from? Inquiring minds just have to know.
No I know for a fact they are rigging the debate because I have a Degree in two disciplines of Science. (What 2 degrees from where? All those scientists have thousands of degrees between them. So whose word do I take yours or theirs? The smart person puts their money on them.)
I done forgot more science than your narrowmindedness ever see or heard of. (You have no idea how much science I have. Just a bit arrogant and presumptuous Sam?)
You lie, you are arguing now in favor of the idiots. (I did not argue the science itself so I am not lying. I wonder how many of the supposed idiots have Ph.D's. Do you?)
You wouldn't recognize a perponderance of the evidence if you tripped on it and fell flat on your face. (But I thought you never insult people Sam)
NO NO NO you are a prole who has accepted the flim flammer's view (why Sam I thought you didn't name call and all your posts were so scientific and reasonable)(I also doubt that thousands of scientists are flim flammers either)
Wrong they made the claim....it is up to them to prove it. Whose idea of appropriate scientific protocol is that? (They believe they have proved it they are the majority and it is you that has to disprove them.)
But you ...you couln't prove anything science based.(I certainly haven't seen any proofs from you this post nor any other)
I assume that includes pharmaceutical, medical imaging animal and plant. (There are numerous references to flawed drug studies and the harm that has been caused to patients. And I will supply a list before day's end)
Silly assed statement (now that is intelligent arguing of our point Sam)
Same kind of stuff different day.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 9:37 am

By SamCogar today at 8:16 am.
I won't bother to respond to this asinine foolishness.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 9:38 am

Oh yes Stephanie. Most disabled children are very able at getting what they want. I've been told that she is uncommonly good at it. I do spoil her.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue May 13, 2008 9:54 am

lindaredtail wrote:By SamCogar today at 8:16 am.

Why not. You claim GW is real, Sam say's it's not. Isn't that what debating is all about?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Tue May 13, 2008 10:08 am

The debate he wants is not with me. He disputes the science or rather the proofs of the science and I don't. His debate is with a group of scientists who have drawn a set of conclusions which he disagrees with. I do not disagree with them. He is claiming expertise in this field, but I am not. Read his posts, and I quote " No, I know for a fact that they are rigging the debate because I have a Degree in two disciplines of science." He is comparing his education and experience to theirs. I am not. I compare the two and I accept the conclusions of the scientists who support global warming. His debate, his argument and his skepticism should be addressed with them.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue May 13, 2008 10:30 am

lindaredtail wrote:By SamCogar today at 8:16 am.

YUCK, ..... Razz YUCK, ..... Razz YUCK, .... Razz

Whatsa matter Linda Lou,

Ya couldn't think up a good Detox answer for this one?

SamCogar wrote:
If that Arctic ice melts ........ those frigging Polar Bears will have a "feeding frenzy" ..... and will be getting fatter and reproducing twice as fast.

And that "feeding frenzy" will continue as long as the Arctic ice KEEPS MELTING ….. or all the seals are gone, ….. kaput, extinct.

DUH, seals, and especially seal pups are the PRIMARY food source of Polar Bears.

And DUH, mommy seals do not give birth to their pups in the water, …… nor do they nurse them in the water.

Both events take place ….. over top the water in the hard snowpack on top of the Arctic ice ….. and the mother seal enters her “nursery” from under water up through the ice.

Well, DUH DUH, iffen all that Arctic ice melts ……. those damn Polar Bears will be laying right there on shore …… justa waiting for “dinner” to come them.

YUP, after that ice melts ..... the Arctic shore line will look like the Parking Lot at a Food Bank on a day they promise to give out an extra box of Commodity Cheese.

Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next