WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can McCain stifle himself?

4 posters

Go down

Can McCain stifle himself? Empty Can McCain stifle himself?

Post by sodbuster Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:44 am

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14541.html

Well I hope John McCain learns from the mistakes of President Bush when it comes to listening to bad advisors.

Just like Pres. Bush got bad advice from the neocons and got us bogged down in an ill-advised war and occupation of a far-off country, McCain is getting bad advice from the right.

They are telling him to play to the ignorance and fear being peddled by rightwing gutter fighters.

Spreading these ridiculous rumors about Obama being a Muslim. Or an Arab. Or a terrorist.

Hopefully he has learned that those tactics only cause him to slip further in the polls.

Granted those tactics serve as "red meat" for the rightwing fringe, but they are not going to vote Democrat anyway.

He needs to woo independents and moderate republicans, and they are turned off by these Rovian tactics.

Here is a late-breaking set of polls from four key battleground swing states.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122397669702932237.html?mod=rss_Politics_And_Policy

They verify the independents are breaking solidly toward Obama, and I believe it is because of these rightwing smear campaigns.

Just my opinion.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Can McCain stifle himself? Empty Re: Can McCain stifle himself?

Post by ohio county Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 am

What does the Daily Kos say your opinion will be tomorrow? McCain bends over backwards so that John Lewis can compare him to George Wallace. "Rovian tactics"?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 pm

sodbuster wrote:Just like Pres. Bush got bad advice from the neocons and got us bogged down in an ill-advised war and occupation of a far-off country, McCain is getting bad advice from the right.

75% of Americans approved.

Including EVERYONE on the LONG list you've supported for President.

Just my 2 cents on that subject
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:22 pm

sodbuster wrote:

They verify the independents are breaking solidly toward Obama, and I believe it is because of these rightwing smear campaigns.

Just my opinion.

I think that you're right. Of all the possible running mates in the GOP McCain had to pick a wack-job like Palin; that, and his nutty erratic behavior and tactics since the convention, just make him look a bit too scary to the majority of the electorate.
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down