WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could this election shake up the system?

4 posters

Go down

Could this election shake up the system? Empty Could this election shake up the system?

Post by sodbuster Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:52 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27420864/

Well if things keep breaking toward the Democrats, and Obama coattails translate into a clean sweep, it could actually rejuvenate the republican party.

Several of the Senate seats lost on the republican side involve the old timers (Stevens, McConnel, etc) and several GOP old timers are getting the hail out of Dodge on their own.

On the surface, that looks bad for the Republicans.

On the other hand, the young turks in line to take over tend to be hardcore idealogues who are full of energy and half-baked ideas that appeal to the rightwing base of the Party.

So I look for a mad headlong race to the right.

And this could leave a big vacuum in the middle.

So either the Dems can edge a little further right (risking their own hardcore base), or possibly a viable third party could emerge.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Could this election shake up the system? Empty Re: Could this election shake up the system?

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:37 am

Perhaps it's time for some of the young conservatives, particularly those in Congress, many of whom opposed the Bush/democrats bailout plan to step forward and take the Republican party back to it's roots of smaller government and fiscal responsibility.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Could this election shake up the system? Empty Re: Could this election shake up the system?

Post by Keli Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:52 am

It's already shook up my system. I had a bowel obstruction.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:50 am

...take the Republican party back to it's roots of smaller government and fiscal responsibility.

If they ditch the social conservatives, I'm on board.

Smaller government=more rights

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down