WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork

5 posters

Go down

Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork Empty Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Did anyone really expect any less?

The Obama administration has asked the military's Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon's budget request for the fiscal year 2010 by more than 10 percent -- about $55 billion -- a senior U.S. defense official tells FOX News.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork Empty Re: Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork

Post by sodbuster Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 pm

I thought you were all for cutting pork waste in the budget, Aaron.

Surely you would agree there is 10% waste.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork Empty Re: Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:42 pm

In defense. Maybe.

But this ins't about cutting pork, it's about another democrat cutting the defense budget to increase unconstitutional entitlement spending.

No wonder America is less safe with democrats in charge.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

"No wonder America is less safe with democrats in charge."

How about Sept. 11, 2001?

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:13 pm

sodbuster wrote:"No wonder America is less safe with democrats in charge."

How about Sept. 11, 2001?

That was plotted during the same time that we had the first attack on the WTC, the embassy bombings in Africa, the attack on the USS Cole, etc. Democrat Slick Willie's watch. Worse is coming during the Obama Regime--mark my words.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:19 pm

What do you suppose the outrage would have been had the Air Force taken out the first plane? How do you think the liberal media would have reacted?

Bottom line is, democrats cut defense spending. This chart proves it. Carter did, Clinton did and now Obama is going to. And if were to only eliminate fraud and waste and was in conjunction with accross the board cuts, I'd support it.

But it's not. It's to provide more money for pork, waste and entitlement vote buying programs and that I don't support.

I support constitutional spending, and unfortunately for liberals, defense meets that criteria and entitlement programs doesn't. That is a simple fact.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 am

Would you rather they built a bridge from Ketchikan to Gravina Island??
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:43 am

sodbuster wrote:I thought you were all for cutting pork waste in the budget, Aaron.

Surely you would agree there is 10% waste.

And you wanting to build a new Military Base in WV would not be "pork" waste?

Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork 33948 Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork 33948 Democrats cutting defense to pay for pork 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down