WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo...

+4
Aaron
ohio county
sodbuster
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo... Empty Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo...

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:48 pm

AP ^ | 10 March 09 | AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Taliban's new top operations officer in southern Afghanistan had been a prisoner at the Guantanamo Bay detention center, the latest example of a freed detainee who took a militant leadership role and a potential complication for the Obama administration's efforts to close the prison. U.S. authorities handed over the detainee to the Afghan government, which in turn released him, according to Pentagon and CIA officials.

And, Zerobama wants to close down Gitmo and release all the prisoners...?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo... Empty Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo...

Post by sodbuster Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Well Terry 5 will get you 10 this guy was released under your guys' watch.

Before Obama was ever inaugurated.

Also I dont know if you are serious but Obama did not say anything about releasing the prisoners.

That would be dumb.

No matter how much you spin it, Obama will have to work real hard at it to be bad as your guys have been for the past 8 years.

And you all are just making yourself look bad by whining and blaming Obama.

Also by obstructing and not being team players in a time of great challenge for our nation.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo... Empty Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo...

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:21 am

He's making a great start. He has one Treasury appointee confirmed during a potential depression. He spends his days attacking Rush Limbaugh. He's making Nixon-like calls to the New York Times to bad mouth Bush. But, what the hey! It works for you.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 am

Sherman's only got 4 more months to stop blaming everything on Bush.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:33 am

How so? I can't believe anything short of his own expiration will stop him.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:00 am

We'll find out if he's a man of his word or not. I ask him how long he would continue to blame Bush for everything and he said 6 months and then the problems become Obama's.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 am

Oh, if that's what he said he's good for it. I'd think that would render quiite a hardship to him and deny him his main talking point.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:11 am

Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul, formerly Guantanamo prisoner No. 008, was among 13 Afghan prisoners released to the Afghan government in December 2007.

When he's right, he's right.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 am

Well I am still holding my breath waiting for terry to acknowledge it was the previous administration who turned this guy loose. Embarassed

And he is not the only one they let go either.

However they did make up for it by holding a bunch of guys who never should have been there in the first place.

So by rightwing reasoning I guess it all works out... Shocked

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 am

He might appreciate you holding your breath. It was people like you crying about the conditions at Gitmo that precipitated turning people loose. Once your bunch came into office they realized the problems with trying enemy combatants in domestic courts. Now that they have some authority they aren't so cocksure about it.

I had to admit you were right. That's hard enough. It doesn't make you right across the board.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 am

I don't recall crying about the conditions at Gitmo.

And I don't know of any other "people like me".

I have, however, cried about torturing prisoners (wherever they are, Gitmo or elsewhere).

I don't know what conditions are at Gitmo, or if they are worse than anywhere else.

But if you say I cried about conditions there, then maybe I knew about conditions that I dont remember now.

And furthermore if a guy is being waterboarded, humiliated, threatened with vicious dogs, etc. I doubt if he is concerned about sanitary conditions, amenities, etc.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 am

I admitted you were right and you said nothing about it. Maybe that's why people give you a raft of shit. It's never enough.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 am

Well let's be fair.

Yes you said I was right and it was on Bush's watch.

But you couldn't just say that you had to say it was the fault of "people like me."

Bush and cro do not/did not give a flying flip about "people like me" nor what we think.

I do not know why they cut this guy loose, but I am confident it was not just a humanitarian gesture.

Call me skeptical.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:34 am

That's not what I'd call you...
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well let's be fair.

Yes you said I was right and it was on Bush's watch.

But you couldn't just say that you had to say it was the fault of "people like me."

Bush and cro do not/did not give a flying flip about "people like me" nor what we think.

I do not know why they cut this guy loose, but I am confident it was not just a humanitarian gesture.

Call me skeptical.

Tell me Sodbuster, when Somalia offered to give bin Laden to Clinton, why didn't he take him?

By the way, skeptical is not part of your charactor.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 pm

I see nothing wrong with demanding our government stop holding people prisoner when they deny them access to lawyers, fail file charges against them and/or take them to trial within a reasonable amount of time.

The government screwed up. Don't blame folks like me for that.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well I am still holding my breath waiting for terry to acknowledge it was the previous administration who turned this guy loose. Embarassed

And he is not the only one they let go either.

However they did make up for it by holding a bunch of guys who never should have been there in the first place.

So by rightwing reasoning I guess it all works out... Shocked

Two wrongs don't make a right. If it was wrong to release 8, how much worse to release 80--like Zerobama wants to do?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Stephanie wrote:I see nothing wrong with demanding our government stop holding people prisoner when they deny them access to lawyers, fail file charges against them and/or take them to trial within a reasonable amount of time.

The government screwed up. Don't blame folks like me for that.

I agree. We should take no prisoners.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Well Cato I do not know if Somalia offered up bin Laden.

Do you?

I have heard the rightwingers say that for years with no documentation.

But if they did, I dont know why Clinton would not have accepted.

(since he had standing orders to kill or capture him)

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well Cato I do not know if Somalia offered up bin Laden.

Do you?

I wouldn't posted this, if I didn't know it was so.

sodbuster wrote:I have heard the rightwingers say that for years with no documentation.

But if they did, I dont know why Clinton would not have accepted.

(since he had standing orders to kill or capture him)

Then it seems to me hypocritical to whine and pee about Bush's incompetence when one of your own did something just as incompetent.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Well Cato I invite you to review the thread.

I did not initiate the discussion.

I only pointed out that the stupid action referred to by Terry occurred while his guy was still in office.

Not Obama.

Besides which (as I am sure you know but are lying about it) I have said many times I did not vote for Clinton.

(However I must hasten to add he was much better than your guy bush).

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well Cato I invite you to review the thread.

I did not initiate the discussion.

I only pointed out that the stupid action referred to by Terry occurred while his guy was still in office.

Not Obama.

Besides which (as I am sure you know but are lying about it) I have said many times I did not vote for Clinton.

(However I must hasten to add he was much better than your guy bush).

And I remind you that I pointed that there has been alot of stupid things done by members of both parties. If you are going to condemn then you had better be condemning th eother, because they are equally guilty. If you are going to condemn republicans then you have btter not turn a blind eye to the stupidity of the democrats.

Before you go and refer to me as a Bush apoligist, let me make it clear to you that Bush will go down in history as one of the two worst preidents this nation ever had. The question is whether he will beat Carter for the number one spot and I think he will. However, I also think that Clinton was a baffoon that set the stage for 9/11 by not taking bin Laden when he was presented the oppertunity, just as I think Bush the First was a baffoon for involving us in a war to remove Iraq from Kiuait.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Well Cato you have yet to document your claim about Somalia having bin Laden and offering him to Clinton.

But I won't hold my breath.

I suspect you have been snookered by rightwing revisionist hiatory.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:10 am

sodbuster wrote:Well Cato you have yet to document your claim about Somalia having bin Laden and offering him to Clinton.

But I won't hold my breath.

I suspect you have been snookered by rightwing revisionist hiatory.

While I no fan of Newsmax they did have a link to the taped discussion of Clinton making excuses.

Link to taped discussion

Here is some other sources -

Washington Post Service

From the Wall Street Journal

From the Washington Times

Discussion between tim Russert and Madaline Albright

LA Times Article

And there are plenty more, if you want me to post them.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 am

WOW, .... Willy, ...... after postion and/or documenting all those "claims" ..... Sherman is likey to be away for a week or two trucking somewhere so that he doesn't haven't to reply to them.

So, lol! waiting on a reply from him.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next