WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Americans are TEA'd

4 posters

Go down

Americans are TEA'd Empty Americans are TEA'd

Post by Aaron Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Americans are used to April 15th being the day you're told to pay up.

This year, Tax Day is the day to say you're TEA'd - Taxed Enough Already.

As you read this, liberals in Congress are beginning the process of forcing passage of the $3.6 trillion, high-spending, high-borrowing and high-taxing Obama budget.

President Obama is even mobilizing teams of his presidential campaign supporters, now a political organization called Organizing for America, who are going door-to-door campaign style to pitch his irresponsibly massive government expansion program that will raise taxes on every single American.

And what could they possibly be saying about a budget that the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicted last week will lead to deficits $2.3 trillion larger than the Obama White House is telling us?

Once again, we see Washington promoting irresponsible spending and expecting responsible taxpayers to foot the bill.

Here's what you can do to fight back: On April 15, join your fellow Americans at Tax Day Tea Parties across the nation to say no to the Obama budget. I want to tell you about two groups that are helping to organize the Tea Parties. Why these two groups? I will tell you in a minute and explain how you can participate.

Get Involved in a Tax Day Tea Party on April 15
You won't read about it in the elite media, but tens of thousands of Americans in hundreds of American communities are organizing Tax Day Tea Parties for this April 15th.

Some communities have already held Tea Parties to fight back against Wall Street and Washington insiders who'd rather taxpayers ask fewer questions and write more checks.

Over 4,000 turned out in Orlando this past weekend.

More came out in Cincinnati than at anytime since the Vietnam War protests.

But all of this has been a warm-up act for April 15.

The Reagan Coalition is Reassembling itself to Fight the Obama Budget
Some Tea Party participants call themselves "God-fearing patriots," and it's a good description for the movement that is gaining strength.

In outrage against the billions of our dollars being used to pay for the irresponsible behavior of others - and the trillions more in the Obama budget that will be used to expand government even further into our lives - the Reagan coalition of the faithful and the fiscally conservative is reassembling.

There's no super-rich sugar daddy like George Soros pulling the strings.

There's no special interest group like Moveon.org creating the illusion of a grassroots movement.

And it's not a taxpayer-funded "protest" group like ACORN.

It's just ordinary Americans who believe in preserving American values and principles like faith, freedom and smaller government.

That's why I want to tell you about two groups. Each group is focusing on bringing like-minded people together at the same events.

The first group is TaxDayTeaParty.com, a broad coalition of grassroots groups which has already organized many of the Tea Parties that you probably heard about. They have already confirmed more than 250 locations in all 50 states for the April 15 Tea Parties.

The second group is TeaPartyDay.com which is a joint effort by Renewing American Leadership and the American Family Association. They are committed to bringing people of faith and their families to the Tea Parties. Over 10,000 are already signed up.

Get Your Tea Party Tool Kit at AmericanSolutions.com
American Solutions has created a Tea Party Tool Kit that you can download and pass out at your local Tea Party. The Tool Kit is designed to communicate, not just that we're angry, but that we have a bold agenda with better solutions that will actually get our economy growing again. It's available here.

The Tea Party Tool Kit's key component is 12 American Solutions for Jobs and Prosperity, a pro-growth, pro-freedom alternative to the irresponsible policies of the Obama budget.

April 15 is just 20 days away. Go to AmericanSolutions.com/TeaParty now to find a Tax Day Tea Party near you and get involved.

Secretary Geithner Has Lost the Confidence of the American People - If He Ever Had It to Begin With
Another reason to come out to a Tax Day Tea Party is to let President Obama know that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has lost the confidence of the American people and needs to resign.

The Geithner nomination for Treasury Secretary was tainted from the outset. In the midst of a crisis of trust in our financial institutions and our government institutions, the last person we needed for a Treasury Secretary was a public official who had deliberately failed to pay his taxes.

And since then, the news has only gotten worse. As I wrote last week, from the beginning of the crisis last fall, Geithner has been central to the Bush-Obama policy of corporate bailouts that has enriched Wall Street firms with the taxpayers' money.

The Joke's On Us: Goldman Sachs Never Needed a Bailout
The latest revelation is perhaps the worst yet.

Remember how the Paulson-Geithner-Bernanke bailout of AIG was initially sold to the American people? We were told that failing to prop up the firm with taxpayer dollars would let loose a cascading failure of the entire banking system.

It turns out that this was never exactly true.

That's right. Goldman Sachs Chief Financial Officer David Viniar announced last week that his firm never needed the taxpayers' help after all. Goldman Sachs, it turns out, wouldn't have failed if AIG had been allowed to fail.

The reason Viniar made the announcement was to divert the public's attention from allegations that Goldman profited handsomely from the bailout of AIG.

But in trying to tamp down one scandal, Viniar has revealed another: The ground on which Paulson, Geithner and Bernanke sold the $170 billion AIG bailout was - at least partially - a lie.

The Top Four Beneficiaries of the AIG Bailout? Goldman Sachs and Three Foreign Banks
So if we didn't avert a banking crisis with the AIG bailout, what exactly have the taxpayers gotten for their $170 billion? Well, nothing so far. But here's the list of the top four beneficiaries of the AIG bailout:

Goldman Sachs: $12.9 billion

Société Générale (France) $11.9 billion

Deutsche Bank (Germany) $11.8 billion

Barclays (United Kingdom) $7.9 billion

This is the real scandal of the AIG bailout.

Add the other TARP funds Goldman Sachs received to the AIG pass-through money and you get an astounding total of $23 billion from the taxpayers.

All for a company that now says it never needed help to begin with.

If that's not a reason to come to a Tax Day Tea Party on April 15, I don't know what is.

See you there.

Your friend,

Newt Gingrich
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Americans are TEA'd Empty Re: Americans are TEA'd

Post by Stephanie Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:26 pm

http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/west-virginia/

Events are planned in Charleston, Wheeling, Martinsburg & Beckley. Click the link for more info.

I will be attending the Charleston event.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 pm

There was one in Cincinnati two weekends ago and the news made out like it got violent and out of control. I talked to a couple of people and they said the only fracas seemed to come from some protestors OF the tea party and for some reason took place right next to the camera crews.

I wasn't there so I can't draw conclusions but I did see part of one video of about 5 seconds that supposedly scared the camera crew so bad they had to leave. Interestingly enough, no one was arrested.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 pm

I know at least a dozen people attending the rally in Charleston. These are people I've attended other events with in the past. Protests against the Real ID, etc. I expect zero violence unless law enforcement does something stupid. Even then, I would anticipate this group of people not doing anything to provoke the police, perhaps a "sit in".
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:55 am

I expect zero violence unless law enforcement does something stupid.

But remember, it was Charleston cops who arrested two people for wearing "No Bush" t-shirts at the state capital lawn- on the 4th of July, Independence Day, no less. So go figure.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:43 am

ziggy wrote:But remember, it was Charleston cops who arrested two people for wearing "No Bush" t-shirts at the state capital lawn- on the 4th of July, Independence Day, no less. So go figure.

Yeah, right, ...... two unknown Democrat partisans "nobodies" drive all the way from Texas to Charleston just so they could wear their "No Bush" t-shirts to a public meeting that would only last 1 1/2 hours max.

That was undoubtably the 1st time in the History of Charleston and WV ...... that two Democrats were ever arrested for "protesting" a Republican doings.

And we all know the reason for it.

GEEEZUS, there were no Democrat protestors from Texas arrested when

"Bush cut the flagpole down",

....... now was there.

Americans are TEA'd 33948 Americans are TEA'd 33948 Americans are TEA'd 33948 Americans are TEA'd 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Yeah, right, ...... two unknown Democrat partisans "nobodies" drive all the way from Texas to Charleston just so they could wear their "No Bush" t-shirts to a public meeting that would only last 1 1/2 hours max.

And we have so ask ourselves why that was such a legal or other sin as to deserve arrest by armed police thugs.

That was undoubtably the 1st time in the History of Charleston and WV ...... that two Democrats were ever arrested for "protesting" a Republican doings.

And we all know the reason for it.

We certainly do. It was because the Bush political entourage, disguised as a "security detail", brooked no expressions of un-allegiance in the presence of their King George W. Not all police departments across the country were in cohoots with such disruptions of free speech rights. But Charleston's was. Dallas Bias would be proud.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Who's political entourage is in cahoots now to stifle free speech? Look at what Obama appointee Jan Napolitano has done!

You bring up a valid point. Perhaps I should be concerned and see if Loyd can stay with Char while I go do this. I have typically brought him to these events just as I did his older siblings.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Don't let the likes of comrade Ziggy scare you into leaving your son at home Stephanie and deny a valuable lesson. There will be no trouble.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Who's political entourage is in cahoots now to stifle free speech? Look at what Obama appointee Jan Napolitano has done!

Uhh, I must have missed something. But that's nothing new, so whenever you get time, enlighten me.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Aaron wrote:Don't let the likes of comrade Ziggy scare you into leaving your son at home Stephanie and deny a valuable lesson. There will be no trouble.

Listen to comrade Aaron, Stephanie. He knows where all the Charleston police thug mine fileds are- and even when they are activated and when they are disarmed.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm not your comrade Frank. I don't believe in government owned production, I don't thing the what is best for the worker is best for humanity in general and I don't believe there is a class struggle in America. I'm a bonafide tried and true capitalist and believe that with constitutionally enumerated oversight, had proper capitalist principals been followed, we would not be in the boat we are today. We got you and your bunch to thank for our current circumstances.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Aaron wrote: I'm a bonafide tried and true capitalist and believe that with constitutionally enumerated oversight, had proper capitalist principals been followed, we would not be in the boat we are today. We got you and your bunch to thank for our current circumstances.

If you say so, comrade Aaron.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:20 pm

................ I don't thing the what is best for the worker is best for humanity in general ...............

What took you so long to say so?

................. and I don't believe there is a class struggle in America.

Then that's only because you haven't been paying attention to what happens in America, comrade Aaron.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 pm

ziggy wrote:

Then that's only because you haven't been paying attention to what happens in America, comrade Aaron.

Ziggy got that one right, ..... ours is a 2-Class society.

One Class working their ass off to make something for themselves.

The other Class sitting on their asses scheming, plotting and getting Laws passed to extort everything they can from the other Class.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 pm

Au contraire Comrade Frank. I have been paying attention to what is happening in America. You and yours are class envy of those who have money, you think you have some right to that money thus you and yours have led an all out assault on those who have more then you, the ones you envy, for decades. And you won't stop until you get it.

What is truly sad and pathetic is that you use the plight of the poor as an excuse for your all out assault on the haves.

The only thing more pathetic then all of that is that you aren't man enough to stand up and admit the truth.

And on top of that, you think that by calling me comrade that you're proving something. I've backed everything I've said up with proof. You're the sad little kid in the school yard who didn't get picked for the game, crying with snot running down your nose calling everyone else names because no one like you.

That and you didn't get a gold star.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

And on top of that, you think that by calling me comrade that you're proving something.

What I am showing, comrade Aaron, is that you can dish out the b.s., but when it's thrown back at you you whine to no end. But that's OK. It's what we've come to expect of you.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:31 pm

SamCogar wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Ziggy got that one right, ..... ours is a 2-Class society.

One Class working their ass off to make something for themselves.

The other Class sitting on their asses scheming, plotting and getting Laws passed to extort everything they can from the other Class.

So which class are you, Sam?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 am

Remarks by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to the National Fusion Center Conference in Kansas City, Mo. on March 11, 2009

Sometimes, Ziggy, it isn't just what a government official does or says. Sometimes, it's what they don't do or say. In Napolitano's case, she pays a lot of lip service to "protecting rights" and ignores blatant violations of our rights. In fact, imho, the following quote that woman made in the speech I linked to is a bold faced lie.

Next, contrary to what I think some have presumed and I think really presumed without talking with anyone who’s involved in Fusion Centers, Fusion Centers are not domestic spying agencies and they are not designed to invade the privacy of the American citizen. Know what? We can and we will make sure that we have effective law enforcement in this country while respecting the rights of American citizens and that means the rightest of the rights of American citizens.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 am

I'm still waiting on you to throw something of substance back. Thus far, all you done is the kid in the playground routineby calling names.

Considering I've proven you've attempted to mislead us about your belief in God and Marxist theories, you calling me comrade shows how desparate you are.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down