WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate?

+2
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Keli
6 posters

Go down

Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? Empty Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate?

Post by Keli Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:25 pm

CLICK HERE: Truth Consensus Starts Here

Listen, I am just a knuckle-dragging Fundamentalist preacher--but even I had enough scientific skepticism to question why the icecaps on Mars have also melted...and, I didn't blame fossil fuels or Boosh.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? Empty Re: Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate?

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Hide the Decline
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? Empty Re: Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate?

Post by SamCogar Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 am

Rigging a Climate 'Consensus'

The response from the defenders of Mr. Mann and his circle has been that even if they did disparage doubters and exclude contrary points of view, theirs is still the best climate science. The proof for this is circular. It's the best, we're told, because it's the most-published and most-cited—in that same peer-reviewed literature. The public has every reason to ask why they felt the need to rig the game if their science is as indisputable as they claim.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703499404574559630382048494.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:43 am

How glad I am that scientific findings are not done by "consensus".

Climate change is as real as taxes, man-made or otherwise. Places in Africa and India are starting (among others) to feel the pinch already in terms of drought.

Bark beetles are moving north as temperatures rise, destroying boreal forests.

Glaciers are receding at unprecedented rates.

Above average annual temps have been experienced over most of the terrestrial parts of the globe last year. This year looks to shape up the same.

These are facts, not fiction. There is much more evidence to go with them.

I'm not saying this is a man-made trend. I think it likely it is a natural trend, but man is exacerbating the problem

I'm not a crusader. If you want to ignore the evidence and focus on individuals that you figure are trying to "game" the system, be my guest - you aren't really attacking the actual evidence, though.

Don't expect me to think you wise for burying your heads in the sand.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:22 am

TerryRC wrote:Don't expect me to think you wise for burying your heads in the sand.

Sand is better than where you have buried your head.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 am

Sand is better than where you have buried your head.

Such a snappy comeback, preacher. So filled with fact and wisdom.

Attack the evidence, not the people.

The evidence that we are warming up is overwhelming. We can see it in many things, from insects to new patterns for tropical diseases.

GW crusaders trying to make the evidence more convincing do us all harm. The evidence doesn't need inflation - it is convincing enough, at least to those of us not trying to "wish" it away.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 am

TerryRC wrote:Sand is better than where you have buried your head.

Such a snappy comeback, preacher. So filled with fact and wisdom.

Attack the evidence, not the people.

The evidence that we are warming up is overwhelming. We can see it in many things, from insects to new patterns for tropical diseases.

GW crusaders trying to make the evidence more convincing do us all harm. The evidence doesn't need inflation - it is convincing enough, at least to those of us not trying to "wish" it away.

Why is Mars warming? SUVs? Fossil fuels? Boosh? Some people would not admit the truth, if it bit them on the nose. The claims of man-made global warming is politically--not scientifically motivated.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:21 pm

TerryRC wrote:Don't expect me to think you wise for burying your heads in the sand.

Armon Ayers wrote:Sand is better than where you have buried your head.

TerryRC wrote:Attack the evidence, not the people.

poor widdle TRC, ..... people always launching personal attacks against his superior intellect for no reason a tall.

Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948 Where is TerryRC, Mr. Science, on Climategate? 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:47 am

That's typical Terry.

For example He says "How glad I am that scientific findings are not done by "consensus". If you listen to the drone of the "so-called" scientific community you would believe there is already a consensus that the world is warming and man is the cause. Afterall the "scientific" community says there is a consensus, with some even saying any scientist that isn't on board should be jailed.

However, that so called consensus doesn't exist. Like Keli, I'm just a knuckle dragging creationist, so what should I know. Well I know that the weather records where I live certainly don't support the global warming. I know from what I read that no true consensus exists. I know that much of the information we see is more propaganda than fact.

One last thing I know is that the global warming crowd is more concerned about living on the government dole than practicing real science.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:38 am

Climate Change Scientists Admit Dumping Data

Scientists at the University of East Anglia have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit CRU was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.

The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

In a statement on its website, the CRU said: "We do not hold the original raw data but only the value-added (quality controlled and homogenized) data."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577746,00.html?test=latestnews

They can claim their calculated results are correct unless or until someone re-collects all the original or raw data and recalculates the results again.

Fat chance of that happening. lol! lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:29 am

poor widdle TRC, ..... people always launching personal attacks against his superior intellect for no reason a tall.

Sam "I-hope-we-don't-scare-you-away-until-I-find-you-have-the-slightest-liberal-tendency-then-I'm-gonna-do-nothing-but-attack-your-character-and-dismiss-your-arguments-out-of-hand" Cogar?

Seriously?

Just look at the physical evidence to look at warming trends. Leave temperature measurements out of it.

Did any of you address a single one of these observations:

Places in Africa and India are starting (among others) to feel the pinch already in terms of drought.

Glaciers are receding at unprecedented rates
[except, perhaps, in the Himalayas - have to relook at that data].

There is more, far more. I really don't care. I won't live to see it become too extreme.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Cristobal Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 am

TerryRC wrote:poor widdle TRC, ..... people always launching personal attacks against his superior intellect for no reason a tall.

Sam "I-hope-we-don't-scare-you-away-until-I-find-you-have-the-slightest-liberal-tendency-then-I'm-gonna-do-nothing-but-attack-your-character-and-dismiss-your-arguments-out-of-hand" Cogar?

Seriously?

Just look at the physical evidence to look at warming trends. Leave temperature measurements out of it.

Did any of you address a single one of these observations:

Places in Africa and India are starting (among others) to feel the pinch already in terms of drought.

Glaciers are receding at unprecedented rates
[except, perhaps, in the Himalayas - have to relook at that data].

There is more, far more. I really don't care. I won't live to see it become too extreme.

I hold a moderate view on climate change. Climategate is a black eye for climate change enthusiasts but not a knock out blow for certain though denialists want to believe so. I believe that humans exacerbate global warming. Should we change everything? No I don't believe so nor should we. We should take some positive actions to reduce the phenomenon however.

Humans however can never totally deny their desire for 'material things'. Big SUV's. Large houses. Nor should we. We will however have to live with our choices. or at least our progeny will. If cities sink into the ocean in the future as some suggest, those who come after us may view the people of our time with disdain and contempt. To those whom that is acceptable to, they will continue using natural resources unabated. To those whom that opinion may matter, they will change their lifestyle.

To each their choice, and to each their place in history.
Andrea Cristobal
Andrea Cristobal

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down