WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh:

5 posters

Go down

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: Empty Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh:

Post by Keli Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: Globaltempgraph
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: Empty Re: Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh:

Post by ohio county Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 am

So are we going into an ice age? I appreciate that the entry was for Terry RC but it is going to be a little difficult to ambush him at this point. I got the impression that we are in for a dip but not an ice age.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 am

Here, I'll post the right half of the graph so you can see the DECLINE in tempts thru 2009.

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: Global10

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:55 am

Ohio, that graph is fairly accurate with a couple of exceptions based on other studies. But if you look at the “red” (hi temp) and ”blue” (low temp) lines that go diagonally across the graph the Global Temperature trend has been decreasing for the past 3,109 years (1100 BC to 2009 AD). And those are not temperature EXTREMES but only a change of 3 or 4 degrees F.

Anyway, in actuality the temperature trend has been decreasing for the past 8,000 years, to wit:
Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: Holocene
And the warmest years of this Interglacial occurred 8,000 years ago during said Holocene Interglacial Period, …….. and not during the past 100 years.

And here is another graph based on sediment studies from the Sargasso Sea of the calculated water temperatures over the past 3,000 years.
Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: 3000_3
And as you can easily see in the above graph, the Sargasso Sea studies also clearly shows the Mini Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period which both are clearly documented by other studies and by historical records.

Thus, Ohio, it is purposeful and willful ignorance for the AGW'ers to ignore historical records and claim that Global Temperatures are higher now than in the past 10,000 or 20,000 years when the data clearly shows that it was warmer during the MWP, about 600 BC and 1000 BC and etc. Or that glaciers in Greenland and the Alps are melting now that have not melted in that same time frame. Which is foolish because …………….

Hannibal lucked out when he decided to march his army and herd of elephants across the Alps to attack the Romans in 218 BC because there surely could not have been many glaciers or heavy snowpack blocking his route since documented history proves he accomplished that feat.

And there wouldn’t have been many glaciers or much snowpack according to the Global Temperatures based on different studies, one being of the Sargasso Sea sediments that covers the past 3,000 years and which gives credence to the fact that the snow and ice in the Alps must have been melting for more than 1,000 years during the Holocene Interglacial Period prior to Hannibal’s trip.

Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: 197570 Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: 197570 Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: 197570 Graph that TerryRC will pooh-pooh: 49761

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:16 am

I think we are long overdue for an ice age, according to past patterns.

That graph is crap, however. I mistrust data with no references.

We are pretty warm right now. The trend doesn't show much sign of leveling out. The people that claim it is are cherry-picking their data, using an unusually warm year as a start and and unusually cold year as an end.

What is funny is those same people say there isn't enough baseline data to even say the earth is warming, yet there seems enough data to say the trend is leveling. Which is it?

Personally, I could give a rat's ass. Of course, I don't live on the ocean, either.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 pm

TerryRC wrote:We are pretty warm right now.

Says the man whose furnace didn't conk out last night.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:20 pm

TerryRC wrote:That graph is crap, however. .

HA, so you can't read a graph like that and you don't have a clue what it means, RIGHT.

TerryRC wrote:I mistrust data with no references.

Is that due to laziness or ignorance. Someone who claims your intelect should be able to research such things. But here, I'll help you out.

The study was done in the Sargasso Sea near Bermuda, and involved an area of sea bed which had a very high rate of sedimentation.
http://climateaudit.org/2005/03/20/medieval-5-the-sargasso-sea-proxy/

And here is a series of graphs with explanations you can learn from.

Hockey stick observed in NOAA ice core data
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/09/hockey-stick-observed-in-noaa-ice-core-data/#more-13939

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 am

HA, so you can't read a graph like that and you don't have a clue what it means, RIGHT.

Sam, I was reading and making graphs when I was eight. I have made and interpreted thousands of them in just the past few years. I deal with them for a living.

I understand it just fine. Harris and Mann make a busy graph. If I was judging it for a poster session, which I have, on everything from local science fairs to national meetings, I would have taken some points off for that.

Harris and Mann do not give their data source. Not paying them much heed isn't lazy, it is RESPONSIBLE.

I'll peruse your data, Sammy.

Here are some for you: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down